Started by Terkina, September 03, 2010, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terkina

When is the 20th Anniversary?
Disneyland 1981, 1986
Walt Disney World 1986, 1990
Disneyland Paris 1995, 2011

norhel

Not sure, but I think it's in two or three years.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

davewasbaloo

Well officially it is April 12, 2012.
since 2001 (many before that)

Terkina

the day after my birthday :D
Maybe I have to take a birthday trip to Disneyland Paris in 2012 :)
Disneyland 1981, 1986

carrydee38

will they be doing something special or will they run it like the 15th which went on for 2 or more years

stacey-claire

I'm going for the 20th anniversary and taking my dad, my step mum, my lil sis and my not yet born brother or sis (should be here in feb) for the first time ever, i hope they do summat special with it been like a big birthday  [-o<  xx :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

adam_goodger

I think I will have to take a trip out to DLRP for its 20th.Think I will try and be there for the day it actually turns 20!

nicoledlrp

all going well we are heading "home" for older daughters 18th birthday in may 2012, so are hoping for something really special for the 20th.

Disney_Dreamer

My 20th birthday - the same day. Wish I could go for the 20th anniversary but with being at uni and everything, i don't think we could afford it.

lilfencer09

I will be 21 a few days before, so theres my birthday celebration sorted  :D/
Febuary 2004 - Day vist
July 2005 - Day Vist
June/July 2010 -  Santa Fe Hotel.
September 2011 - Hotel New York - Best mates 21st Birthday trip.

18th - 21st June 2012 - New Port Bay Club - Admerials Floor, Lakeside view - My 21st Birthday Trip

JelleP

Very interesting atricle was posted on the Disney and More blog:
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/ ... rsary.html

As you know 2012 is the 20th anniversary of DLP Magic Kingdom, not of the WDS. And from what i know the park has decided that it was the right time to do a re-launch of the park and to update famous attractions. Phantom Manor should have an update of its special effects, probably the same way they did it at DL and WDW. Can you expect to see Mrs Leota crystal ball "floating" in the air? Probably...
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

dagobert

The article also mentions that Disney may change the story line of Phantom Manor. Come on, when do all these stupid decisions end? DLRP should be proud to have a unique Phantom Manor.

According to Alain Littaye it is also possible that Disney might add Jack Sparrow, Barbossa and Davy Jones to PoTC. I wouldn't mind the new characters, because PoTC really needs a boost. It is so sad that most of the time the line isn't longer than 5 to 15 minutes. It is one of Disney's best attractions and it deserves more attention.

th13teen

I always thought they would celebrate the 21st birthday more than the 20th! Because the 21st always seems to be a big mile stone.

Terkina

Quote from: "dagobert"The article also mentions that Disney may change the story line of Phantom Manor. Come on, when do all these stupid decisions end? DLRP should be proud to have a unique Phantom Manor.

According to Alain Littaye it is also possible that Disney might add Jack Sparrow, Barbossa and Davy Jones to PoTC. I wouldn't mind the new characters, because PoTC really needs a boost. It is so sad that most of the time the line isn't longer than 5 to 15 minutes. It is one of Disney's best attractions and it deserves more attention.

I don't think Jack Sparrow, Barbossa and Davy Jones should be added to Pirates of the Caribian.  I like that the ride doesn't have anything to do with any movies.
Disneyland 1981, 1986

dagobert

Quote from: "Terkina"
Quote from: "dagobert"The article also mentions that Disney may change the story line of Phantom Manor. Come on, when do all these stupid decisions end? DLRP should be proud to have a unique Phantom Manor.

I don't think Jack Sparrow, Barbossa and Davy Jones should be added to Pirates of the Caribian.  I like that the ride doesn't have anything to do with any movies.

I also prefere the ride without the new characters. It was the ride that inspired the movies and not the movies the ride. I'm very happy that DLRP's PoTC is unique, but it is sad that the attraction doesn't get the attention it should have.

As long as it's a small world doesn't get the disney characters, like DL, I'm fine.