Veolia Water Treatment Station behind WDS

Started by Festival Disney, September 28, 2010, 09:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

*EDIT* See a few posts below, no expansion is happening  :(

Is this a big expansion of WDS? or just a new road? I found the following on Disney Central Plaza

User "Edward" saw this sight out from his Val d'Europe window:

Which corrosponds to this sorta area:

Now, Mouetto took this pictures of the excavation works:

And, Mouetto seems to think that the work could be a road marking the future boundary for the studios:

Source: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... t18339.htm

Thoguhts?
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

andrewuk

Well it is where the lake/World of Color is rumoured to go.... [-o<
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

JelleP

Hmmm, that's kinda interesting...
But I don't thing we should get too exited right now ;-)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

CafeFantasia

This looks like bad news. It looks like DLP may have sold the land off to Val d'Europe! So instead of the land being available for the future expansion of the Walt Disney Studios Park, it will be used to build apartments/property.

Actually, I just read they're building a sewage treatment station:

QuoteParis, Marne-la-Vallee, 30 September 2010 - Representatives from Disneyland Paris and Veolia Water have come together to lay the foundation stone of a wastewater treatment and recycling of waste water which commissioning is scheduled for 2013.

Kristof

The water station will be used to recycle water from DLP (like POTC), WDS (Catastrophe Canyon) and Disneyland Hotel.  It's also conveniently located near the future WDS lake. ;-)  

And in addition, the land where the excavations are being done aren't part of the WDS expansion plans.

Martyn

So they going to be building this lake, next to a water station? Better disguise it well!lol

Does anyone else get the feeling that this 'master plan' for the Studio's will involve it not being 'Studio' themed anymore? I mean when was the last time a 'Studio' related attraction opened? Crush, Cars, Stitch Live, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Playland.... none have anything to do with a film studio's....

Festival Disney

Here's a pic of the groundbreaking ceremony.
I can only imagine why they even held one for a water treatment station...  :lol:

found on Disney Central Plaza
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

Here's the official *English" Press release :D

Disneyland Paris equips itself with the first water treatment plant of waste water for a theme park in Europe

The top European tourist destination and the world leader of water services, Veolia Eau, are
joining forces to build a water treatment and recycling plant at Disneyland Paris.

Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, September 30, 2010 – The representatives of Disneyland Paris and of
Veolia Water have met for the groundbreaking of a water treatment and recycling plant
which will become operational in 2013.

A 330.000m3 economy of drinking water annual saving
Disneyland Paris is the first theme park operator in Europe to equip itself with a water treatment
plant in order to reduce its consumption of drinkable water. The plant will recycle the waste
water of the two theme parks of the destination and the Disneyland Hotel. That is 740.000 m3
per year, of which almost all will be recycled and supply attractions such as the Pirates of the
Caribbean or Studio Tram Tour®: Behind the Magic, clean the roads, water green parks and in
particular, the Disneyland Golf, as well as contribute to the cooling of the destination's energy
plant. The left over will be poured in one of the rain water reservoirs of Val d'Europe.

Innovative technologies
For this equipment, Disneyland Paris works in collaboration with the world leader of water
services, Veolia Water for the operations, and its subsidiaries, OTV/SADE, which will manage
the construction work and the networks. Leading innovation in a biological treatment with a
membrane separation, this Biosep® process will be used to fit out the plant by allowing a
powerful elimination of bacteria, virus, and parasites. Additionally, the plant will integrate in its
environment, thanks to a complete encapsulating method allowing control of potential
pollution at the source, in particular smells and noise.

Further preserve water resources
Since the opening of Disneyland Paris in 1992, initiatives have been implemented to reduce
impact on water resources. The continuous efforts of the company have allowed the average
daily water consumption per visitor to be reduced from 142 litres to 130 litres between 2006
and 2009 (-8.5%). Disneyland Paris' environmental policy falls within the worldwide steps taken
by The Walt Disney Company, which aims at reducing the impact of its activities on the
environment and inspire stakeholders and visitors to protect the environment.

Source: http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/CO ... -plant.pdf
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

sebassah

Was about time they did this in Paris. Well they kinda had to since the waste in Disneyparks has been huge over the years. Great to see (just like in WDW) they are doing something back to the environment!

jovada

Quote from: "Festival Disney"(...) as well as contribute to the cooling of the destination's energy
plant.

I didn't know DLP had its own energy plant? Where is it located?

RiverRogue

Quote from: "jovada"I didn't know DLP had its own energy plant? Where is it located?

Without going into too much detail, not far from Catastrophe Canyon...

jovada

Quote from: "RiverRogue"Without going into too much detail, not far from Catastrophe Canyon...

And probably gas-fired?

bigrossco

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Here's a pic of the groundbreaking ceremony.
I can only imagine why they even held one for a water treatment station...  :lol:

found on Disney Central Plaza

sure seems strange to me anyway for such an event for a water treatment area?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Soap

Well "Green is the new Black" isn't it  ;) ?? (and black in oil i mean....)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney