20th Anniversary when is it?

Started by Terkina, September 03, 2010, 09:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRogue

Quote from: "dagobert"The article also mentions that Disney may change the story line of Phantom Manor. Come on, when do all these stupid decisions end? DLRP should be proud to have a unique Phantom Manor.

I guess we'll have to see what they come up with; I've heard conflicting information on whether or not they'll alter the storyline and to what extent, but in either case I doubt Phantom Manor will be transformed into a Haunted Mansion.

The one thing that is planned for sure is an upgrade for the effects and I think that's a good thing, as much as I love the attraction we have.

Quote from: "dagobert"According to Alain Littaye it is also possible that Disney might add Jack Sparrow, Barbossa and Davy Jones to PoTC. I wouldn't mind the new characters, because PoTC really needs a boost. It is so sad that most of the time the line isn't longer than 5 to 15 minutes. It is one of Disney's best attractions and it deserves more attention.

I think I can cheer you up on that... Pirates and Small World have by far the park's highest capacity and on a typical day each will be visited by more guests than any other ride. Wait times aren't such a great indicator of a ride's popularity.

dagobert

Quote from: "RiverRogue"
Quote from: "dagobert"The article also mentions that Disney may change the story line of Phantom Manor. Come on, when do all these stupid decisions end? DLRP should be proud to have a unique Phantom Manor.

I guess we'll have to see what they come up with; I've heard conflicting information on whether or not they'll alter the storyline and to what extent, but in either case I doubt Phantom Manor will be transformed into a Haunted Mansion.

The one thing that is planned for sure is an upgrade for the effects and I think that's a good thing, as much as I love the attraction we have.

Quote from: "dagobert"According to Alain Littaye it is also possible that Disney might add Jack Sparrow, Barbossa and Davy Jones to PoTC. I wouldn't mind the new characters, because PoTC really needs a boost. It is so sad that most of the time the line isn't longer than 5 to 15 minutes. It is one of Disney's best attractions and it deserves more attention.

I think I can cheer you up on that... Pirates and Small World have by far the park's highest capacity and on a typical day each will be visited by more guests than any other ride. Wait times aren't such a great indicator of a ride's popularity.

I have never been to DLRP during high season, we always go during off season and wait times were always 5 to 15 minutes at PoTC. I have also been to WDW during off season and wait time was more than 60 minutes. That's why I thought that the attraction isn't so popular, but good to hear that it still is.

Can't wait to see the upgraded effects. I have to admit I was a little bit disappointed by DLP's PM after seeing the improved and upgraded HM version in Florida.

Thanks for clarifying!