Disney's Hotel Santa Fe refurbishment — New "Cars" touches

Started by Kristof, July 30, 2010, 07:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

figaro

Quote from: "dagobert"What does quality mean for you?

For me a hotel that charges the prices like Santa Fe does, has to offer a nicer room, especially not furnitures and bed sheets that are 20 years old. And of course a better housekeeping and cleaning. At least the hotel gets new bed sheets, even if they are based on Cars.

By the way I'm going to stay in another Vienna International hotel next weekend. If this hotel will be as nice as the VI hotel in Prague, we will definately say good bye to the Disney hotels in Paris and we will try the VI hotels at DLRP. These hotels combined with an annual pass, so that we can use the EMH, aren't so much more expensive than Santa Fe with the difference that they offer a 4 stars quality instead of 2 stars.

for me disney wouldnt be disney if i didnt stay in one the hotels, i love the walk in the morning to the park its just something i dont think a non disney hotel could replicate for me, i completly agree, i really dont like cars at all but anything is better than the current state of the santa fe :(
disney fund 25/08/10 - 4nights/5days at santa fe 16th November 2010 PAID
disney spends - £0 (lol)

dagobert

Quote from: "figaro"

For me a hotel that charges the prices like Santa Fe does, has to offer a nicer room, especially not furnitures and bed sheets that are 20 years old. And of course a better housekeeping and cleaning. At least the hotel gets new bed sheets, even if they are based on Cars.

By the way I'm going to stay in another Vienna International hotel next weekend. If this hotel will be as nice as the VI hotel in Prague, we will definately say good bye to the Disney hotels in Paris and we will try the VI hotels at DLRP. These hotels combined with an annual pass, so that we can use the EMH, aren't so much more expensive than Santa Fe with the difference that they offer a 4 stars quality instead of 2 stars.

for me disney wouldnt be disney if i didnt stay in one the hotels, i love the walk in the morning to the park its just something i dont think a non disney hotel could replicate for me, i completly agree, i really dont like cars at all but anything is better than the current state of the santa fe :(

I also loved the walk from the hotel to the parks along the river. I have some great memories about the hotel, but after staying in so many hotels in the last years I don't want to spend my money on old 2 star or 3 star hotels when I can get a 4 star hotel for nearly the same price. Even if I have skip the walk around Lake Disney and through DV to the parks.

Since Disney started to refurbish the Sequoia Lodge, maybe we will stay in this hotel again when the refurb is completed.

figaro

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "figaro"

I also loved the walk from the hotel to the parks along the river. I have some great memories about the hotel, but after staying in so many hotels in the last years I don't want to spend my money on old 2 star or 3 star hotels when I can get a 4 star hotel for nearly the same price. Even if I have skip the walk around Lake Disney and through DV to the parks.

Since Disney started to refurbish the Sequoia Lodge, maybe we will stay in this hotel again when the refurb is completed.

i love the sequoia lodge thats were weve stayed the most and im considering that for our next trip when we have longer to save, though i have to say the npbc is my alll time favourite
disney fund 25/08/10 - 4nights/5days at santa fe 16th November 2010 PAID
disney spends - £0 (lol)

MissTinkerbell

Just a thougt...

At the beginning of "Cars" Radiator Springs is a run down little place in desert, not quite unlike the Santa Fe ;) But after McQueen rolls in it evetually gets some press, people start coming back and it is refurbished in to a welcoming desert retreat. Who knows, maybe thats the idea behind the cars theme? (Not to turn it in to Radiator Springs, but a nice oasis on the outskirts of the Disney Resort. A place to stop, not just drive by)
At least it's gotten a lot of talk here since McQueen came to "town" :)
Faith, trust and Pixie dust

Disneyland Paris]

Soap

It sure does haha  ;)

You know, it doens't even bother me that much, as long as they do it with quality and real passion!!
That's, i guess, Walt's biggest thing missing mostly nowadays, purely passion and believe in dreams that can become reality!!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

MissTinkerbell

Quote from: "Soap"It sure does haha  ;)

You know, it doens't even bother me that much, as long as they do it with quality and real passion!!
That's, i guess, Walt's biggest thing missing mostly nowadays, purely passion and believe in dreams that can become reality!!

I think thats where the focus should be... With any theme anywhere at the resort, some people will like it and some will not. The important thing is the quality of it :)

Disneyland Paris]

Anthony

So far though, a few new bedspreads, boring room pictures and a replacement banner hoisted up over the entrance doesn't really exude quality or investment. It seems entirely like a cheap sticking plaster; something to distract guests from the fact that the hotel probably needs major updating if it's going to continue charging the prices it does. But instead of actually investing in better rooms or a nicer environment around the hotel (like landscaping over all that horrible car parking or actually bothering to maintain the children's playground), they'll be justifying that premium with these lazy and half-hearted character add-ons, which can't be good for anyone.

dagobert

Quote from: "Anthony"So far though, a few new bedspreads, boring room pictures and a replacement banner hoisted up over the entrance doesn't really exude quality or investment. It seems entirely like a cheap sticking plaster; something to distract guests from the fact that the hotel probably needs major updating if it's going to continue charging the prices it does. But instead of actually investing in better rooms or a nicer environment around the hotel (like landscaping over all that horrible car parking or actually bothering to maintain the children's playground), they'll be justifying that premium with these lazy and half-hearted character add-ons, which can't be good for anyone.

Do you know if the Cars billboard will be permanent? Maybe the Clint Eastwood picture was in such a bad shape that Disney replaced it. The Santa Fe really needs a refurbishment, especially for the prices Disney charges, like you have already said. Hopefully Disney will improve the hotel after the SL refurbishment.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

According DLP themselves, the Cars theming is there to stay. They have said that the issues such as the hotel needing to be painted will be brought up the maintenance team - your guess is as good as mine as to if and when that happens.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

MissTinkerbell

I don't think what they've done so far is a quality refurb, but if there is going to be one the quality is more important than the theme ;)

On my first visit to Santa Fe, I remeber they had these lovely lavenders all over and last summer, 10 years later, they looked really sad :(  I love lavender and I thougt they fit in at the hotel really nice.
One can tell that the rooms are getting on in years, but I've never had any bad experiences with housekeeping, so for me that's the most important. Not that I wouldn't like to walk in to a completely refurbished room ;)

Disneyland Paris]

Festival Disney

So...

Meanwhile, on the outside of the building...

Source: http://www.pixiedust.be
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

Wow, the hotel looks really bad on the outside. Hopefully it gets a treatment soon. This weekend I stayed in another Vienna International hotel and I realized again, that Disney is so overprized and the quality so bad. If the VI hotels at DLRP are as great, nice, modern and clean as the one we stayed last weekend, it will definately our first choice for our next DLRP trip.

I have to admit that the new Route 66 wall paper in the shop doesn't look bad. I think it fits very well, because there are no characters.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

That's pretty awful, the outside that is! If they are going to start marketing the new Cars themed Santa Fe then you'd think painting the walls would be one of the things on their list. Unless they plan on just showing photos of the interior and a close-up of the big poster.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

littlemermaid83

Woah the outside is back and in need of some paint of some sort.

Hope its sorted by the time I go in Feb.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

pussinboots

That wallpaper border in the shop, is that new? I will admit I actually like that... Doesn't exactly make up for all the neglect and the unimaginative framed art, though.