Disney's Hotel Santa Fe refurbishment — New "Cars" touches

Started by Kristof, July 30, 2010, 07:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

They've noticed that TSPL is a bit of an eye sore, so you'd think that they'd notice the state of the exterior here.... Same with the Newport Bay really, its embarresing.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Quote from: "Anthony"The Comic Sans on the arcade notice sums it up. I'm no font snob, but Disney should never use Comic Sans.

Nothing wrong with being a font snob ;)

As for Comic Sans, I'd go as far as saying nobody should ever use it, let alone Disney.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Anthony

Quote from: "PirateSteve"As for Comic Sans, I'd go as far as saying nobody should ever use it, let alone Disney.
Even the BBC reported this the other day: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11582548

The comments saying it makes things look like a school or parish newsletter are spot on. Disney Hotels should have signs and notices which don't look like they came out of a cheap printer in the back office.

sebassah

So onboard on the refurb/ repaint at Santa Fe, it needs to be done.

If I remember correctly the WDW Coronado Springs resort's Pepper Market (Breakfast place) has some signs (opening times and such) that are comic sans as well. So for the Mexico theme its matched with its Floridian theme brother.

Even though the comic sans is tacky and it would be great if they had custom signs that would be better themed every chance would cost a lot of money (opening times, breakfast times, names, rules etc). And I would rather see that money to be invested in paint for the exterior.

dagobert

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "PirateSteve"As for Comic Sans, I'd go as far as saying nobody should ever use it, let alone Disney.
Even the BBC reported this the other day: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11582548

The comments saying it makes things look like a school or parish newsletter are spot on. Disney Hotels should have signs and notices which don't look like they came out of a cheap printer in the back office.

It looks so unprofessional if someone uses the Comic Sans font. And it looks even worse when Disney uses it. In my opinion the Walt Disney font looks also bad when used by Disney for something else instead for the company logo of for Disneyland.

Quote from: "sebassah"So onboard on the refurb/ repaint at Santa Fe, it needs to be done.

If I remember correctly the WDW Coronado Springs resort's Pepper Market (Breakfast place) has some signs (opening times and such) that are comic sans as well. So for the Mexico theme its matched with its Floridian theme brother.

Even though the comic sans is tacky and it would be great if they had custom signs that would be better themed every chance would cost a lot of money (opening times, breakfast times, names, rules etc). And I would rather see that money to be invested in paint for the exterior.

Of course it would be more expensive to use custom signs, but that's what Disney always did. Are the opening time, breakfast times, etc printouts? Then it is even easier to use another font that looks more classy, for example Disney could use the Arial font like they are doing with the TWDC logo.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Magic M"Are you guys not missing th point that that this is MEANT to look like a Mexican Pueblo made of adobe buildings in the middle of the desert?

No one would suggest polishing the pick-up truck because it looks a bit rusty...

I understand what you mean but there is a difference in a desired look and theme and just neglect. No one wants to see a hotel looking run down, no matter what the theme really.
Luv Aveen xoxo

smurfy74

weve just come back from a quick 2 day trip and we spent a night in the santa fe, and we were really impressed. We were in block 50 which is the black and white block which looks like it had been painted. The new flat screen TV was lovely and the cars bedspread and the cars picture were lovely. I loved the fact that there was a fairy story channel where you could listen to 4 disney stories, which is great if you want the kids 'read' to in the evening. I must say it was the best I have seen the Santa Fe in a long time. The cast members seemed nicer too. All in all a big thumbs up from us this time. Im going to request the room next time ( 218 ) as its lovely as there are only 4 rooms on that floor so you are unlikely to have noisy neighbours and there is no chance of people running up the corridors as there isnt one :-)

dagobert

We stayed in building 50 in December 2006 and back then it was a wonderful room. I think they had just refurbished it, because everything looked new. It was the nicest room we ever had at DLRP, even a lot better than Sequoia Lodge.

Anthony

This is new piece of concept art for Walt Disney World's Art of Animation Resort.

It's a bit like what could happen if DLP went really out of control rethemeing Hotel Santa Fe. But they probably won't.

dagobert

I'm a bit sceptical about this new resort. I don't get it why Disney doesn't use the Pop Century theme for this resort, like it was supposed to.

I don't think that the Santa Fe will receive such a makeover. That would be too much.

pussinboots

Those flat backdrops are bound to look unspeakably cheap. I think I prefer the Tate-Modern-Postmodernism-Section feel of the other All-Star resorts.

Festival Disney

I took a walk around all the hotels yesterday. To say I was unimpressed with the Santa Fe is an understatement! How is this mess in a Disney resort?!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Martyn

What, the new look? Or the grotty old look?

Festival Disney

The entire hotel in General is just shabby.
I did notice some metal lightning bolts engraved into the floors of the main building, are they new?
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Helly

Hi all

Does anyone know how many of the rooms have already been updated?  I'm going at the end of January and wondering how far on the refurb is likely to be by then...?

Tia

Helly   :D

2001 Davy Crockett
2007 Sequoia Lodge
2009 Cheyenne
2011 Santa Fe