Disney's Sequoia Lodge refurbishment (October 2010 - 2012)

Started by Kristof, May 27, 2010, 01:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reiana

Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "Reiana"Now I almost regret my desicion to stay at hotel New York in June. :?
 :lol:
Well, you'd most likely have gotten an unrefurbished room anyway and been more disappointed than ever. How much of the hotel has now been remodeled? Like five percent?
Good point  :thumbs:

Martyn

We tried to get a peek at the new rooms but it wasn't possible, glad someone posted them pics though! Nice, though I was expecting more.

I mean the carpet, all they've done is swapped the colours over. Before it was green carpet with brown leaves, now brown carpet with green leaves?! Lazy gits!lol

What do the bathrooms look like? As we were saying that the tiles in the bathrooms are the only thing thats relatively old fashioned.

lovedisney

I'm wondering if anyone can help me as I'm confused by these changes!  :?

We've booked to go to SL on 1st June, when we booked we were told that the standard rooms were being refurbished so we would have a free upgrade to a montana room which was in a seperate building. I thought free upgrade sounded good so I agreed.
However since finding this site, am I right in thinking its better to stay in the main building (more magical feel?) than in the seperate lodge? Also from reading this it looks like the montana rooms are in the main building anyway? Have I read it wrong? I'm confused now and would love some advice or peoples personal experience of the seperate lodges!

My husband and I are taking our 2 children (7&4) and thought we'd stay at SL as we've stayed at New York and Newport Bay before and fancied staying in a different hotel but now I'm worried it won't have the same feel as the other disney hotels.

Thank you in advance!

Martyn

Basically you have a good chance of getting a room in the main hotel building. We were unable to book a Montana room as the cost was way too much (see other topic), so we asked at reception when we checked. The kind lady told us not to bother paying anything as there would be a high chance of us getting a Montana room anyway, which we did.

Oh, and by the way, Sequoia is MUCH better than Hotel New York ;) (IMO anyway)

Dolph7800

We had a standard room in the lodges booked when we went last month, but we were in the main building in the end.
The lodges used to be the standard rooms, but they will become the montana rooms and the standard rooms will be in the main building it would seem. As they are still refurbing all the rooms, you will more than likely be in the main building.

penfold12

Sorry to be the voice of discontent... but im under whelmed by this refurb. Apart from new bedding and the boarder, there isnt much to the refurb...

I have always felt that while stunning and well themed in the public areas, thi shotel is little more than functional in the rooms.

Considering its ranking and cost, the rooms are very basic in comparison to other hotels around the globe. There is a distinct lack of quality theming (I dont mean the Bambi element) and luxury. Dont get me wrong, its nice and it looks clean and better than before, but still vastly under where it should be for the effort that goes into the public areas such as the bars etc

dagobert

Unfortunately no Disney hotel in Paris, even newly refurbished, is worth the money you pay compared to other hotels of the same category. Although I like the new rooms, it depends on how the bathrooms look, if we stay there again.
You are right that the rooms are just functional, but usually I don't need more. The public areas are very well themed. Will these areas also be refurbished?

lovedisney

Thank you Martyn and Dolph7800 for your replies.  :thumbs:

Thats made me feel a lot better! So excited now, there seem to be loads of changes to the Park in general since we were last there in 2005.  :lol:

CafeFantasia

Since 2005, there aren't too many changes in Disneyland Park. Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast is a totally new attraction, and Captain EO has returned to replace Honey I Shrunk The Audience.

Walt Disney Studios Park actually has a lot of new attractions:

- Tower of Terror
- Crush's Coaster
- Car's Race Rally
- RC Racer
- Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop
- Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin
- Stitch Live!

pussinboots

Could anyone tell me where to find a refurbished hallway? Which lodge, which rooms? I'd love to take a look.

Teacup

Really hoping the majority of this has gone into the lodges. From the sound of others on here, SL is not a bad hotel for the most part, but I have to say for us the lodges were a real downside to our holiday in September.
Both me and my little sister (the main reason I spend so much money on these holidays) have pretty bad health and spend a lot of time some weeks inside rather than being able to get out and about, so we spent a lot of time in our room staring at the bland walls. It's bad enough that I had to poke awake the poor girl to walk her across the cold, wet and winding route to the main building for breakfast, but the environment we had to return to.... well i've stayed in youth hostels with more warmth.
This renovation can only be a good thing in my opinion, providing it spreads to the lodges. Have to love Bambi and it fits really nicely in with the theming in the rest of the hotel, which is just lovely when you're in the mood for it.
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
Sequoia Lodge September 2010
New York July 2011
Magic Circus September 2012

Grandmath

Quote from: "pussinboots"Could anyone tell me where to find a refurbished hallway? Which lodge, which rooms? I'd love to take a look.

Lodges 1 & 2 are finished.

pussinboots

Yes, I found that out for myself already (lady looked at me as if I were mad.) Thanks though!

The hallways do look much better. Much more "dressed up" than before. Too bad you can't see a room without booking it for the night, or breaking some serious social etiquette...

dagobert

Taken from the Annual Review:

We want our visitors to enjoy their stay in the best possible conditions. Consequently, maintaining our assets to the highest level is a priority for us. During the fiscal year 2010 we have focused our efforts on the Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch, where we have replaced one third of the bungalows.

Some of the rooms in the Disney's Sequoia Lodge have also been renovated, and now offer guests even more comfort and
services to optimise their stay. The Montana rooms in Sequoia Lodge have been equipped with flat screen TVs, a richer audiovisual selection (34 TV channels including the Disney channels) and Disneyland Paris TV in 6 languages. Other projects are also underway, to ensure that our hotels are always of the highest standard.

Our guests must enjoy our Resort under the best conditions without anything that could alter the quality of their experience. Consequently, the upkeep of our assets at their top level is a priority. We are going to pursue these renovation programs over the following fiscal years.

Good to know that there is more on the way, but the hotels are definately not of the highest standard.

Martyn

Well going by what that says, its only the Lodge's that are getting refurbed...