Disney's Sequoia Lodge refurbishment (October 2010 - 2012)

Started by Kristof, May 27, 2010, 01:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Agreed, they have done a very good job with this one. It makes staying in the Sequoia Lodge worth while. Good job DLP (I don't mind the subtle Bambi touches here, it fits, Brother bear could have been a nice call too).
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Well done DLRP. The room looks really pretty and I also don't mind the subtle Bambi touches since the lamp with the deer already looked that way and the picture on the wall is also fine. That's what I expect from Disney!!!

Why didn't Disney refurb the Santa Fe hotel in such a nice way??

pussinboots

Lovely patterns, absolutely inoffensive use of Bambi, and they kept the deer sconces! Not to mention the arrival of 21st century bedding and TV furniture.

Certainly an improvement over this:

May the refurbishments of the other hotels be carried out with the same level of taste.

pussinboots

Hallway before:

Hallway now:

(Sardine, Disney Central Plaza)
And a close-up of the wallpaper border:

(Standardam, Disney Central Plaza)
See, this is how you Disneyfy a hotel. With utter confidence in a theme, lots of warmth and the occasional subtle Disney character. Well done.

Festival Disney

The before pic of the hallway reminds me of a corridor you'd find in the cabins section of a ferry :? Bleak...
It's great now though  :lol:
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

pussinboots

I thought so too, or a hallway in a post-war highrise now converted into an assisted living facility. Something like that. I think the fluorescent lighting has a lot to do with it.

Probably a good moment to remind ourselves that this was all designed by Euro Disneyland Imagineering, and that they are still capable of competence. A little shout-out to RiverRogue there.

Riebi

That´s the way you can get me! Fitttts absolutly to the theme of SL and the use of characters doesn´t bother me in this case. Well done!

:thumbs:

(I have to say that the old design never was absolutly my cup of tea.  :-" )
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

lil-shawn

That´s very well done, a good friend never wanted to stay there because it was to cold, and now after she saw
the pics she will go to this hotel on the next visit... am very happy they still can do something good...

CafeFantasia

Thumbs up from me. The rooms look much better now; more luxurious and more modern. They've integrated the Bambi elements in a very tasteful way, without the rooms looking too kiddy or cartoony.

It's funny though. The most obvious change is the bedding. All you have to do to make a bed look more classy is:

• Get a white duvet
• Get four white pillows
• Put a coloured throw on the bed
• Put one coloured cushion on the bed

Just four simple steps for a dramatically improved appearance.

Riebi

Simple and true! Remembers me much at the Disneyland Hotel (Anaheim) room improvements or at the disney cruise line style. It´s less french and more international. I´m suprised in a positive way.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

dagobert

Even the hallway looks really nice now. The new design is beautiful. In my opinion the hallways were a little bit depressing.

Will Disney refurb the restaurants, bar and reception as well?

Reiana

Wow! I'm very impressed  :shock:  =D>  =D>  =D> Looks like a completely new hotel. Great job!
First I was not sure about the new Bambi theme, but this is first class.
Now I almost regret my desicion to stay at hotel New York in June. :?
 :lol:

pussinboots

Quote from: "Reiana"Now I almost regret my desicion to stay at hotel New York in June. :?
 :lol:
Well, you'd most likely have gotten an unrefurbished room anyway and been more disappointed than ever. How much of the hotel has now been remodeled? Like five percent?

Dolph7800

Thats a great improvement on the old look. We had the old look a few weeks back, and this is miles above that standard. The hallways too which look awful currently, looks much better. Good work there DLRP  :thumbs:

Adam

I can't imagine the refurb will take that long, as it is pretty much new furniture, curtains and bedding, all of which just need to be put in, as well as a new border. The border is the only major work, alongside any repaint, so it should be a fairly quick process of refurbishing each room - a day or two per room?