Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ightenhill

Just back from the weekend... If there is one big noticeable difference it is that we can ride crush twice in a day without a major queue, (which in crush terms is a 20min wait with fastpass or a 90-120 wait without) so on that ground does fastpass work.. then I have to say a resounding yes.

Does it cause problems for the main queue.. again yes which I accept is an issue for people who arrive late or don't understand the system..

My advice get in at gate opening time and grab a FP after your the first rider.. You can ride ToT in the meantime waiting for your slot for a few times because the timings are totally wrong on the wait board as it doesn't take into account the fact that the first hour has no FP riders so both librarys are being use for standby.. Example timing at 10.15am says wait 80mins actual wait 15mins to an empty boiler room...

My kind of Crush Q
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

MSW

I just love it.
Crush Coaster is love.

Just everytime I see it, I ride it, I enjoy the atmosphere,
 :D/

It's a reason I go to Disneyland everytime.

Our trick is: If we stand in line, got nothing to do,
we always make up things like: I don't want to ride this, I'm scared, this is stupid,
I want to go, back to our caravan in Jablines.

The more you complain (keep it in mind, cause people won't like to hear it though :P)
the nicer is the attraction (H)

I hope the fastpass is surely coming back  [-o<

ightenhill

Quote from: "MSW"I hope the fastpass is surely coming back  [-o<

"Coming back" ?...... Its here   :D

[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Kristof

Quote from: " ightenhill""Coming back" ?...... Its here :D

No, it's not.  Those were tests!  :wink:   (see the previous page)

There's a great follow up story on DLRP Today explaining why Fast Pass doesn't work on Crush's Coaster.  :)

Captain Pan

Now that article spells it all out in black and white... and was a pleasure to read...

Now WDI bring on that E-Ticket for Toon Studios to give this one some breathing room... please?

ightenhill

Im confused ..you mean that it had fastpasses last fortnight and now they have stopped?We did not see a single day when fastpass was not working..

should have kept them for collection...lol

-breeno-

Quote from: "ightenhill"Im confused ..you mean that it had fastpasses last fortnight and now they have stopped?We did not see a single day when fastpass was not working..

Yeah they put the fastpass up to see if it would be successful and if so it would stay, so either it didn't work or it did and they're just making a few changes to it but i'm guessing it didn't work well.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Kristof

Quote from: "ightenhill"Im confused ..you mean that it had fastpasses last fortnight and now they have stopped?We did not see a single day when fastpass was not working..

That's what we're saying all the time!  :lol:   The test ran from July 15th - 21th...

Image from the previous page:

[/code]

ightenhill

Can't see how it doesnt work if you can ride it twice  =D>  in (relatively short) 20min lines instead of once on park opening entry then again if your willing to stand for 60-120mins (no thanks)

Tweak the q lines, add the single rider as well because 75% filled shells which we watched going around practically  all day is hardly helping..

Why is such an issue being made with this ride when Peter Pan has the same issues or did I miss that debate  :D

Owain

Quote from: "ightenhill"Why is such an issue being made with this ride when Peter Pan has the same issues or did I miss that debate  :D
I think its because in general peter pan gets alot of people coming to ride it, like thos boats on peter pan hold 4 people and they have alot going around (anyone no the number?). Compared to crush which probably has 3 or 4 trains going (i dont no for sure because i havnt been since before crush opened). So crush queue would be smaller if there were more trains going around but ovibously they cant add more trains this is a roller coaster not a dark ride :). Mind you the queue might not get smaller if it was fast moving because then more people would want to ride it again and again as its fast flowing.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Owain"Compared to crush which probably has 3 or 4 trains going (i dont no for sure because i havnt been since before crush opened).

Actually, there's usually a lot more than four cars running on the track. Last time I rode Crush it had twelve cars operating. :wink:  There are usually about four cars in the platform, two in the final brake section, two in the coaster portion, one on the lift hill, two in the dark ride portion, and one on the outside section.

MSW

Quote from: "RnRCj"Actually, there's usually a lot more than four cars running on the track. Last time I rode Crush it had twelve cars operating. :wink:  There are usually about four cars in the platform, two in the final brake section, two in the coaster portion, one on the lift hill, two in the dark ride portion, and one on the outside section.

That's a cool fact to know!

Anthony

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Now WDI bring on that E-Ticket for Toon Studios to give this one some breathing room... please?
You know, even if they built the biggest, most amazing dark ride ever constructed at the back of Toon Studio, I think Crush would still be doomed to 90 minute+ queues.

Three things:
1) The location - it's the first thing you see in Toon Studio, it's BIG and looks totally different to anything else
2) It's a coaster - europeans either just plain love coasters, or they think that they're the main reason theme parks exist
3) Finding Nemo - biggest animated film of all time and probably still more popular than Rémy & co.

An E-Ticket would also bring more people into the park, who would probably have to walk past Crush to reach it, and then want to ride Crush. We're doomed I tell you, doomed!!

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Captain Pan"Now WDI bring on that E-Ticket for Toon Studios to give this one some breathing room... please?
You know, even if they built the biggest, most amazing dark ride ever constructed at the back of Toon Studio, I think Crush would still be doomed to 90 minute+ queues.

Three things:
1) The location - it's the first thing you see in Toon Studio, it's BIG and looks totally different to anything else
2) It's a coaster - europeans either just plain love coasters, or they think that they're the main reason theme parks exist
3) Finding Nemo - biggest animated film of all time and probably still more popular than Rémy & co.

An E-Ticket would also bring more people into the park, who would probably have to walk past Crush to reach it, and then want to ride Crush. We're doomed I tell you, doomed!!

Quite true there Anthony, Quite true... I never thought of that... But there could be the slightest... Slightest of possibilities that crush would drop!

But then I think you'll still be right!

Riebi

Quote from: "Anthony"We're doomed I tell you, doomed!!

:lol: calm down anthony! Dont spill out your chocolate-cereal :lol:

I must say: I don´t think the waiting times will be short one magical day. You can see the same at BTM for example. Their was many people at the opening and today they are also there. It´s one of the thinks the guests love!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...