Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alison

I assume the logic here is that those entering using FPs increase the wait for those who don't have them.

We've always liked FPs though, less waiting in the Fast Pass queues.

This summer,  we found that the system had changed in that Fastpasses were not available until your current ones had been used.

Maarten

Quote from: "Alison"It was then announced that the ride had in fact broken down so we had about an hour to wait with a total lack of information - hot sun etc. - before we got on the ride. (But it was great!)

During my trip to the Studios a few weaks ago the ride broke down twice while I was waiting in line. Whats wrong with the attraction? What kind of defects do they have to deal with all the time?

Kristof

I've been told it's a software problem. It's a "minor" but frequent error, but the problem is when the software crashes, it can be resolved quite fast, but then it takes about 15 minutes to reset the attraction again, and you have to add up the evacuation time.

Mauhrer should been looking into it this month.

Edit corrected "software" into "problem".  My mistake.

Anthony

Pff is there a Maurer coaster that hasn't continuously broken down after opening? :roll:

Another reason why they shouldn't be too enthuastic to do an MGM version...

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"Mauhrer should been looking into it this month.

Hopefully things will get better soon then. Here's hoping.

Anthony

Jim Hill today changes his wording on an MGM version of Crush to:

Quote from: "JimHillMedia.com"...Which is why the company is now perfectly comfortable with turning Soundstages 1, 2 & 3 into show buildings for "Toy Story Mania !" as well as that yet-to-officially-be-announced Pixar-themed Wild Mouse coaster.

So Crush does seem safe. Maarten's point about capacity is still very important though. It also makes me wonder how on earth Crush at WDS will begin to cope when Tower of Terror opens - when Stitch opens - when the next attraction after that opens... it's only going to get more and more popular.

DisneyAlba

Hello everyone,

I've read quite a bit about the "scary" factor of Crush's Coaster, people asking questions about spinning and such. However, I don't mind spinning at all. (The tea cups hardly go fast enough for me :wink:)  What I *do* mind, are drops. Basically plunging downwards. That's the main reason why I'm generally truly terrified of coasters. And when I say terrified, I mean *terrified*. ;)

To clarify things further: I really enjoy Big Thunder Mountain, because it has no scary drops and basically is just one great swivel down - a continuous bend, in my opinion. But as far as sheer drops go, the drop in Pirates of the Caribbean is the maximun I can handle.  :? So, here's the all-important questions to you guys:

How bad is the largest drop in Crush's Coaster? Based on the above, do you think I would enjoy it, or will I end up screaming the place down?  :wink:

Please don't refer to any coasters besides BTM, since I have not been on them - too afraid.  :wink:

Thanks in advance! I leave for DLRP the day after tomorrow!  :D
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

-breeno-

Quote from: "DisneyAlba"Hello everyone,

I've read quite a bit about the "scary" factor of Crush's Coaster, people asking questions about spinning and such. However, I don't mind spinning at all. (The tea cups hardly go fast enough for me :wink:)  What I *do* mind, are drops. Basically plunging downwards. That's the main reason why I'm generally truly terrified of coasters. And when I say terrified, I mean *terrified*. ;)

To clarify things further: I really enjoy Big Thunder Mountain, because it has no scary drops and basically is just one great swivel down - a continuous bend, in my opinion. But as far as sheer drops go, the drop in Pirates of the Caribbean is the maximun I can handle.  :? So, here's the all-important questions to you guys:

How bad is the largest drop in Crush's Coaster? Based on the above, do you think I would enjoy it, or will I end up screaming the place down?  :wink:

Please don't refer to any coasters besides BTM, since I have not been on them - too afraid.  :wink:

Thanks in advance! I leave for DLRP the day after tomorrow!  :D

Well the first drop in the main coaster bit is very steep (steeper than anything on BTM) but is dark when you go down and its spinning, the rest isn't that bad.

Despite the big drop you should deffently go on Crush, it's a great ride and well worth the queue length (tip, go first thing in the morning when the Studios open, there is still a big crowd in Studio 1 waiting for the doors to open and people be running to get to Crush but we only queued for 20 mins).

Hope this helps.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "-breeno-"Well the first drop in the main coaster bit is very steep (steeper than anything on BTM) but is dark when you go down and its spinning, the rest isn't that bad.

Thanks for that, breeno. Would you say the duration/length of that first, steep bit is longer than the drop on Pirates of the Caribbean?

(I tend to hold my breath on the Pirates drop, and end up with a headache for the rest of the afternoon.  :?  Need to remind myself to keep breathing. :wink:)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Nala_84

DisneyAlba, when I read your post I could find myself in it ;)! I love BTM and even tried Indiana Jones, but always was too afarid to try Space Mountain or R'n'R-Coaster until now.

And I told myself to try SM:M2 and Crush's Coaster in September, although I'll be afraid ;)! I'm really scared of big drops, too, but I guess it'll be worth it, many people love the ride and it's something totally new so let's just try ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

-breeno-

Quote from: "DisneyAlba"
Quote from: "-breeno-"Well the first drop in the main coaster bit is very steep (steeper than anything on BTM) but is dark when you go down and its spinning, the rest isn't that bad.

Thanks for that, breeno. Would you say the duration/length of that first, steep bit is longer than the drop on Pirates of the Caribbean?

(I tend to hold my breath on the Pirates drop, and end up with a headache for the rest of the afternoon.  :?  Need to remind myself to keep breathing. :wink:)

I think that its either the same length of just abit longer, i once seen a video of when they were building Crush it show the drop (i think it was on WDS Fans), it showed more of the steepness than length of the drop though.  If i find it i'll post you it.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

TowMater

Quote from: "Baloo"I keep reading this on every WDW fansite, and now today Jim Hill says:

Quote from: "JimHillMedia.com"Mickey Avenue (i.e. Formerly where the soundstages that "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire -- Play It!" were located. Now this area will be play host to the studio theme park's "Toy Story Mania" attraction as well as the soon-to-be-announced stateside version of "Crush's Coaster") will officially become Pixar Place.
Source

Really? Crush's Coaster in MGM? Unless Toy Story Mania has a really wacky exterior building, I can't see it fitting in. Not to mention WDW already has 2 Nemo attractions in 2 other separate parks.

What do you think? :?

WDW has enough Finding Nemo attractions.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

davewasbaloo

I would say it's probably on a par with Indy for scariness.  If you are frightened of Indy, chances are you will be frightened of Crush.
since 2001 (many before that)

Japper

I did crush today! It's so much fun! (when you not have waited 2 hours). We just went to it at the very beginning of the day and we were in in about 20 minutes. The projection of crush at the end is a really nice touch.

Awesome dudes! 8)

Jorien

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I would say it's probably on a par with Indy for scariness.  If you are frightened of Indy, chances are you will be frightened of Crush.

:? really? I'm not sure if i'll be doing this ride then when i'll be in dlrp again.. Never been on Indy as i háte rollercoasters. Tried it again on Phantasialand two weeks ago, and even hated it more, i get so terrified. As DisneyAlba already said, i really don't like the drops!

But maybe i should try it at least once, and find out if i'll ride it again after that......At this moment i really don't know what i'll do.