Eurostar — questions and travel updates

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2006, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahmumof4

We used the Disney express when staying at the adagio for arrival and departure day
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

monster_fodder

Hello folks. This question may well have been answered already (haven't got the time to go back through 30-something pages of posts, sorry) but is there any way to get from the centre of Paris to Marne-la-Vallée Chessy on the TGV or some other intercity line? We'll be arriving at Gare du Nord on the Eurostar for our first family Christmas holiday next month and I'd prefer to avoid dragging our toddler through the Metro/RER system if at all possible. Any advice you can give will be gratefully received. Thanks!
What\'s that coming over the hill?

GeoffD

Unfortunately not.  However if you take RER B from Gare du Nord, then change at Chatelet les halles, you don't even need to worry too much about changing.  It's literally the opposite platform.
(I did it this morning)

monster_fodder

Thanks for the advice, TownSquare. That's certainly very helpful. Hopefully we can avoid rush hour with the buggy!
What\'s that coming over the hill?

MrsPirate

Quick question about booking the Eurostar for November 2014 using my nectar points.

Am I right in thinking I have to ring Nectar to book, if this is the case will I be able to book through them the day the tickets are released to get the cheapest tickets or will I have to wait and risk the cheap tickets being sold out?

I hope that makes sense.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

haribosmum

Yes you have to go through the nectar number.  We called last year on the day they were released but they only had v expensive options.  I called Eurostar normal and ended up paying less and used my nectar points on my shopping bill instead. But that was for Feb half term so a v busy time and lots of people phoning.  The prices Eurostar give will be the same as online, so check the normal website then phone the nectar number. 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Belloboy7

Sorry if this has already been answered but any idea what standard premier is like on the eurostar journey to disney in the morning?

grovesie

Hi, this depends in what you are asking, we returned from DLP last week and there were only 47 seats booked of the 4 coaches on the train. the seats are wider and recline and have tables. There are power sockets to use and food is served. a breakfast type on the way from London and we had  a duck or chesse option on the way home.

Hope this is of some help

Grovesie

Livvipivvi

Hiya all,

Sorry if this has already been asked, I have read through the last few pages and couldnt see it though  :)

On Saturday I booked to go to dlp in May, It will be our first visit  ;D

Problem is I booked our hotel and park tickets, but the direct Eurostar is fully booked for our date.

I phoned Eurostar bookings to see if there was a list or something for the selling of cancelled bookings.  They said that they never resell tickets and that they are sometimes passed on to travel agents to sell.  Does anyone know who these agents are please?

If I cant get direct tickets, I know that the non direct fares are available so many weeks before departure, but we would really prefer to travel on the direct one.  It sounds like more fun for the children, checking in on the special desk etc.

TIA x

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

haribosmum

Afraid I've no experience of the tickets coming back on sale, but the indirect train isn't as bad as it sounds.  You get off at Lille and wait and another train comes along to finish up the journey.  I think the shortest wait is about 30mins so if you were to book them as soon as they come available you'd be fine.  Also there wasn't any Disney travel packs given out on our last trip and the only Disney check in (at ebbsfleet anyway) is if you have Disney express, the kids will be too busy to notice :-)  you'll have a fab time!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Laurence

We've just booked a last minute break to DLP and we're off in just under three weeks! Yay, can't wait!

However, as it's last minute, we couldn't book the Eurostar through Disney and so booked the train directly with Eurostar and the accommodation with Disney. This means we're not entitled to Disney Express which we have always used in the past.

I know that this means we can't get our park tickets given to us on the train and we'll have to go to the hotel as soon as we arrive and take our luggage there ourselves. This isn't really a problem.

However, we're staying at Santa Fe and don't fancy going all the way back to the left luggage room at the hotel before we get on the train on our last day. We also don't fancy taking our luggage around the parks with us all day.

So, what is the best way of taking care of our luggage on the last day? Can you drop your bags off at the Disney Express counter at the station yourself and use that as a luggage storage facility? I believe there is luggage storage at the park but this is chargeable so don't really want to go down that road either. Do they have a left luggage facility at the Disneyland Hotel which we could maybe be a bit cheeky and use?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

haribosmum

I 'think' that you can still purchase Disney express even if book separately.  You can certainly do it when you check out the hotel for that part but I seem to remember people adding it on for the outwards as well.  Possibly direct through Disney reservations. 

On the way home, you pay an amount and leave baggage in hotel that is then taken to the express level in the station.  They have a sign up advertising it in the foyer.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Laurence

That's great info, thanks.

However, we are going on a really tight budget and so every penny counts. Due to this, we probably won't have a huge amount of spare cash on the last day to pay for Express, which I believe is about 15 Euros per bag?

So, does anyone know of any other ways that don't have a charge or is it going to be a journey back to Santa Fe before getting on the train?

Thanks.

haribosmum

I don't think its per bag. Don't know if you'd be able to use the left luggage in a different hotel. Probably not though.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Ravenseye

Quote from: Laurence on January 14, 2014, 05:11:02 PM
That's great info, thanks.

However, we are going on a really tight budget and so every penny counts. Due to this, we probably won't have a huge amount of spare cash on the last day to pay for Express, which I believe is about 15 Euros per bag?

So, does anyone know of any other ways that don't have a charge or is it going to be a journey back to Santa Fe before getting on the train?

Thanks.

I seem to remember it being charged per room, not bag. However, I think the only 'free' option is to leave the luggage at Santa Fe storage and put up with the 'inconvenience' of collecting it. We did this and it took only 20 minutes from bus stop-hotel-bus stop.  :)

Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...