Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet Restaurant

Started by Anthony, December 07, 2009, 07:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Some interesting news regarding Pizza Planet.  There's a big chance we'll be able to enjoy the pizza buffet in a real BUILDING instead of a tent somewhere next year.  :thumbs:

Let's hope the styrofoam planets will be discarded with the tent as well...

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"Let's hope the styrofoam planets will be discarded with the tent as well...
And every other element of the decoration, if you ask me.

So are we still talking Discoveryland here?

Kristof

Yep, the tent will be replaced by a real building.  That is if plans go on, it was supposed to happen this year actually but then Captain EO came and they didn't want to close it down for such a long time.

CafeFantasia

Surely if they're going to construct a proper building, it'd make more sense to do it opposite Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, or over by/in Toy Story Playland?

luke85

Quote from: "Alan"Surely if they're going to construct a proper building, it'd make more sense to do it opposite Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, or over by/in Toy Story Playland?

That's what I thought, that space in Discoveryland could be used for better things than Pizza Planet.

JelleP

It would be great if that tent is finally going down, but again there'll be a Pizza Planet in Discoveryland... :(
[strike:24oz8fvv]Did you ever read a book by Jules Verne about a mysterious planet made out of Pizza[/strike:24oz8fvv]... :cry:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

DopeyDad

Could it be part of TSPL?

Anthony

Quote from: "Alan"Surely if they're going to construct a proper building, it'd make more sense to do it opposite Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, or over by/in Toy Story Playland?
Completely agree. I suppose the problem is more that Discoveryland needs extra restaurant capacity and they think this is a good theme to run with. Never mind that it's an awful location, the wrong land and the wrong park, ultimately serving up the same old dull pizzas you can find in two other restaurants.

The restaurant was only ever built there as a quick fix idea to tie in with the original film in 1996. The news it's going to become a fully-permanent mistake is just disappointing when there's SO much you could do with the Discoveryland theme (just look at Vulcania).

JelleP

Quote from: "Anthony"...when there's SO much you could do with the Discoveryland theme (just look at Vulcania).
I totally agree with you! That restaurant would be THE perfect thing Discoveryland needs! :)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

lonewolf23

Any idea when the pizzeria will be opening? Im visiting in November and my kids love everything Toy Story related
My kids are currently obsessed with:
Billy: Dinosaurs
Jackson]Buzz lightyear toy[/url]

luke85

Quote from: "JelleP"
Quote from: "Anthony"...when there's SO much you could do with the Discoveryland theme (just look at Vulcania).
I totally agree with you! That restaurant would be THE perfect thing Discoveryland needs! :)
Couldn't agree more! I would love to see Vulcania one day.

Martyn

Right, this is there chance! Re-build it properly DLP. I want it looking EXACTLY like the Pizza Planet from the films! :P

Seriously though, this is awsome news! I hope they do it properly this time.

claire2281

I quite liked the old Pizza Planet. It certainly wasn't the best restaurant but it always had plenty of seating (and a giant RC on the way in, can't beat that). It's very handy when you're there in a cold, wet March. The food there was always fine when I've been.

It did have the look of something temporary about it so hopefully it can be redecorated to match the film better. Yes, it would fit better over in TSPL, but is there really the space?
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Dolph7800

This doesnt mean the end of the epic Pizza Burger does it? :(

Sulley

Quote from: "Dolph7800"This doesnt mean the end of the epic Pizza Burger does it? :(

I hope not, I love the pizza burger *drools*