Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet Restaurant

Started by Anthony, December 07, 2009, 07:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

QuoteAccording to Fab', a Cast Member posting on Disney Central Plaza, the dated Pizza Planet restaurant in Disneyland Park may well soon be offering a new menu concept with one interesting resort-wide exclusive: unlimited drinks.

Stating that they had taken part in a study about changes to the counter service location, the member suggests that the menu price would be elevated to around €15, with starter, main, dessert and that unlimited drink all included.
http://www.dlrptoday.com/2009/12/03/cha ... za-planet/

Aveen2008

I know this is popular when done in other resports. Is unlimited drinks meaning you buy the mug and you can go back as many times during the day etc and get refills or is it just unlimited whilst your there with that one meal you buy?

I just wonder if it will actually work with the bad location of this restraunt. I know you could say that this will bring people to it but then again you have to see the place, walk in and then notice the unlimited drinks on the menu etc plus its out of the road for refilling if it is the mug deal that wdw do.

I definately don't think this will really help business much. but thats just my opinion
Luv Aveen xoxo

Anthony

About the unlimited drinks thing - latest from DCP is actually that you'd get three tokens to fill up a 40cl (?) cup.

Quote from: "Aveen2008"I definately don't think this will really help business much. but thats just my opinion
Good, I agree! It actually annoys me greatly they seem to be looking at bringing more focus to the hopeless place. I really hoped it would close and they'd look at other options when TSPL opened...

smurfy74

i love this place!!!! its like a little oasis of calm, especially in bad weather when you cant move in bella notte and toad hall, we make a little bee line here. And weve always found the cast members are GREAT here and they always help and even open more tills if they get busy ( a rare thing in my opinion )

Magic M

With the New Generation Festival being about all things Pixar then its a no-brainer that DLRP would want to promote its only Pixar-themed restaurant.

I feel the location of the restaurant isn't bad really - I often walk around the back of Space Mountain past the Nautilus and H.I.S.T.A. - but I think it needs better signage to tempt people in

and more features up that long curving path past it.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Anthony"About the unlimited drinks thing - latest from DCP is actually that you'd get three tokens to fill up a 40cl (?) cup.

Quote from: "Aveen2008"I definately don't think this will really help business much. but thats just my opinion
Good, I agree! It actually annoys me greatly they seem to be looking at bringing more focus to the hopeless place. I really hoped it would close and they'd look at other options when TSPL opened...

I have to agree with Anthony. I think this restraunt is in a hopeless position really. With Toy Story land opening it makes more sense to have a themed restraunt for the movie over in the studios.

I actually wouldn't mind if they got rid of Pizza planet and Honey I shrunk the audience and put in something really good in it's place.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Anthony

*Cough* Soarin' :wink:

CGM12345

If they get rid of pizza planet they would have to move the pizza burger

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Anthony"*Cough* Soarin' :wink:

oooo good thinking hehe!
Luv Aveen xoxo

CafeFantasia

Pizza Planet should be demolished. It doesn't fit in Discoveryland, it's temporary looking and it's cheap. Now would be a good time to get rid of it.

See what I mean? The first word that pops into my mind when I look at this photo is, Butlins. Disney should be ashamed of offering such a poor quality product.

-breeno-

Quote from: "Alan"See what I mean? The first word that pops into my mind when I look at this photo is, Butlins. Disney should be ashamed of offering such a poor quality product.

That's funny, 'cause the first words that pop into my head is "i'm a 4 year old kid again" :P

Pizza Planet will always have a close place in my heart, i used to go to that place all of the time as a kid, i'm also i huge Toy Story fan, so i'd be quite sad to see the place simply demolished.  Although i do agree that it's in a terrible position and to replace it would be the best option.

Would it be so hard to just move it over to WDS?  The Ratatouille restuarant that was rumoured to come in with the dark ride has been dismissed now hasn't it?  This is the perfect time to get this place over to Toon Studio, TSPL in opening next year and it'll be the only lot in the park with no proper restaurant.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anthony

Regardez... http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... C07013.JPG

It's a tent decorated with strip lights. All the serving counters are mobile things, like you'd find in some crappy market - loose wires underneath! The tables and chairs are cheap and uncomfortable. If some horrific, run-down Chinese rip-off park did a fake version of Pizza Planet, this is what it'd look like.

I can't possibly imagine how much money it'd take to turn it into a proper dining space. To put in proper themeing, new tables, new serving areas. It'd be better to tear it down (please, let me help!) and start again. Or better yet, spend the money on coverting the former Videopolis stage area into a larger restaurant (that serves more than burgers - why not an international food court with ingredients brought in by airship?)

Why were we so annoyed with that Last Chance Cafe extension again?

luke85

Quote from: "Anthony"It'd be better to tear it down (please, let me help!) and start again.

I want to help too!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Anthony"Or better yet, spend the money on coverting the former Videopolis stage area into a larger restaurant (that serves more than burgers - why not an international food court with ingredients brought in by airship?

Oh god do not get me started on videopolis, this is such a massive waste of space at the moment in my honest opinion. Its such a large space that could also we better used! It hasnt ever been designed properly, even when the Lion king was there...how demeaning to fantastic stage artists and performers to sing and put on a fabulous show and look over to see a counter service restraunt not even hidden out of site really! :roll:  Now its showing old mickey shorts and I just think that whole place needs a renovation basically too.....wow discoveryland is getting an aveen bashing!

Apart from Buzz I don't like Discoveryland really and ok I Like the look of space mountain even though I don't go on those rides...but the rest for me isn't that great or appealing. I can't say anything against star tours as I haven't been on it yet.
Luv Aveen xoxo

smurfy74

We LOVE pizza planet - hot food ( dont get me started on this one!!), clean restaurant, great cast members , well organised character meet and greets. Of all the restaurants in this price bracket this is by far our favourite. And for those of you that have never had the pizza burger then i can tell you its great  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  I'd eat here over Colonel Haitis or Bella Notte or Chalet de la Marionette.