Cirque Du Soleil (RUMOURS)

Started by ford prefect, February 10, 2011, 12:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford prefect

I see from DLRPToday that Cirque Du Soleil are evaluating a seasonal show at DLP.

YES PLEASE!!!!

Cirque shows are mind blowing, I have seen La Nouba in Orlando and never want to miss the London touring shows.  I see that Cirque also want a permanent venue in London.

However, come on Cirque and Disney, get negotiating and get a deal done!  It would be a wonderful addition to DLP however the downside would be a potential impact on Buffalo Bills Wild West Show.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Adam

Or perhaps replace Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show?

Anthony

I don't think there was any suggestion it would replace the Wild West Show, especially if it's only seasonal.

It would give Disney Village a second nightly event at peak periods. I'm guessing Christmas would be a good choice because the parks close earlier and people don't want to be out walking around in the freezing cold so much at night!

Adam

However, in recent years, Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show has not been packing the the crowds, hence Mickey and friends being crowbarred in. Is there really demand for two shows if the original can't sustain high numbers?

captain rocket

Well Adam, much as I like Buffalo Bills I don't go anymore because I have seen it so many times and am frankly bored with it! I always go when I take new friends to DLRP but feel that another choice would get people like me who go to DLRP three or four times a year to spend money that Disney need! Buffalo Bills is now 19 years old and I am frankly amazed that it is still going strong, lets have another choice and Cirque would certainly fit that bill!!

davewasbaloo

well, it would be interesting to see. After all Crescend'O was very similar to O, the Cirque show in Las Vegas, and it was only on for one year. So I would be surprised if this happened, especially as the CdS show Zed at Tokyo Disneyland has been seen as a failure. So I would be very surprised. But I would indeed love it!
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

A Cirque Du Soleil would be great at DLRP. I have never seen a show. When we have been to Las Vegas "KA" and "O" were both sold out sue to the Consumer Electronic Show and we didn't want to pay $300 for one ticket.

penfold12

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"well, it would be interesting to see. After all Crescend'O was very similar to O, the Cirque show in Las Vegas, and it was only on for one year. So I would be surprised if this happened, especially as the CdS show Zed at Tokyo Disneyland has been seen as a failure. So I would be very surprised. But I would indeed love it!

Has Zed not worked in Tokyo then? whats happened? I would of thought the Japanese would of loved it?

davewasbaloo

I don't know. They have discounted tickets and also a special deal where if you go to the early showing Zed, you get a free TDL Twighlight pass. Also, I have had accounts from friends who have been who said 2/3rs of the seats were empty. This is not the CdS style nor Disney's.

Also, reading many of the comments here, I am guessing a number of people on this board are unaware that Crescend'O was a CdS type show in the village (the white tent near McDonald's) 11 years ago.
since 2001 (many before that)

ford prefect

I never had the chance to see Crescend'O, I can't remember why!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

penfold12

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Also, reading many of the comments here, I am guessing a number of people on this board are unaware that Crescend'O was a CdS type show in the village (the white tent near McDonald's) 11 years ago.

Was it advertised well? Perhaps its just me and my personal tastes, but I would of thought a CdS style show would perform well, particularly with the French?

That said, CdS have become a lot more popular in the UK and I think around Europe over the last decade, so maybe now would be the right time....

dagobert

In the DLRP brochure of 2000 there was a whole site dedicated to Crescend'O. My parents wanted to see the show in 2000, but we didn't get tickets for that evening.

paterdave2

I would love to see a Cirque show in DLP.
Like I said on a dutch Disney forum.
If they are planing to do it seasonal perhaps it's an idea to fit the touring shows in to this.
So for example you get Alegria in the spring and sumer and Drailon in the winter season. I think that with this you can egt two birds with one stone.
first You can check if there is really place for a second big night show.
Second you don't have the production cost for a whole new show, wich in case of DLP is also great i think.(I don't think that La nouba in orlando is only financed by Cirque and that Disney also paid for the production)
To keep the prices for tickets a little lower than they usally are Disney can make a deal that they don't need to pay rent for teh space for exsample.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

paterdave2

This year I don't think there will be a cirque show in DLP.
There will be one in Paris itself and 2 shows withing a 30 km radius is a bit to much I think.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm