Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet Restaurant

Started by Anthony, December 07, 2009, 07:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Aveen2008"It hasnt ever been designed properly [Videopolis]
I love it, but have to agree. Perhaps the one part of the original park they got wrong. Pretty quickly they realised not only that the nighttime music video dancefloor was a flop, but they wanted somewhere to put on shows with better production values. The tiny theatre seating area isn't right for that all.

These days, the whole place is skewed toward that stage which may never be used again. The restaurant floorspace is cramped because of all the stairs and ramps with the tiered seating.

Talking of adding dining capacity to that land, have they never considered the Arcade Alpha and Beta spaces, under Videopolis? You wouldn't be able to put proper kitchens in there, but a sandwich shop/cafe would be better than those videogames (many of which are are apparently rather violent). And it'd be right on the main route, good for custom (and people-watching).

Maybe we need a Videopolis topic...

luke85

Quote from: "Anthony"Maybe we need a Videopolis topic...

I think that's a very good idea!

CGM12345

Wasn't Videopolis supposed to be attached to the first design of Space Mountain. Maybe that is why it is bad and cramped in there.  :?:

Willow

I think Pizza Planet would work well if it was much better themed, and more thought out.

It would work better if there was more space in Toy Story Playland, and properly executed true to the movie. (Although it would still be fairly poor)

There are much better uses for that area than Pizza Planet, a new and unique Discoveryland ride for example. (That doesn't mean anything slightly sci-fi related)
Perhaps a journey to the centre of the earth attraction, but without Mt. Prometheus and more like a standard darkride?

Anthony

And here we go...

QuoteBuzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet to become all-you-can-eat restaurant starting July 2010.
Via @PhotosMagiques and @magicforum.

Wonder how the prices will compare with the Lucky Nugget, Agrabah Cafe?

luke85

I sincerely hope they're going to sort out the interior before July. It'd be embarrassing for them to be charging people Buffet prices in that kind of environment.

JelleP

I really hope they have the same discussions at Disneyland Paris' Imagineering, cause they could learn a lot from it!

But they would have a (good!) reason why they didn't changed this restaurant, wouldn't they?
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

smurfy74

Quote from: "JelleP"I really hope they have the same discussions at Disneyland Paris' Imanineering, cause they could learn a lot from it!

But they would have a (good!) reason why they didn't changed this restaurant, wouldn't they?

I think the reason will be a quick cash in on the hype that is due to be around Toy Story 3  :)  :)

JelleP

Well, let's hope so ;)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

Martyn

QuoteIt actually annoys me greatly they seem to be looking at bringing more focus to the hopeless place. I really hoped it would close and they'd look at other options when TSPL opened...

Totally agree with that. I have always said that Pizza Planet is a bit of a disgrace, and now they have the TSPL opening soon, they have the PERFECT oportunity to make a REAL Pizza Planet, that actually looks like the one from the films!

I do like it as it is quiet, but as a Pizza Planet, it pretty much lacks everything. Can you still meet the characters in there?

JelleP

I still think it's a forgotten place in the Disneyland park...
Disney should really be ashamed about it! Why don't they put a REAL Pizza planet in TSPL (as said before) and create a Jules Verne-themed restaurant there in an actual building. Wasn't this the actual idea behind Discoveryland? Not a futuristic place but the future like the old visionaires had in vision?
So please DLP, keep to the original idea behind Discoveryland  [-o<

never2old

Quote from: "JelleP"I still think it's a forgotten place in the Disneyland park...
Disney should really be ashamed about it! Why don't they put a REAL Pizza planet in TSPL (as said before) and create a Jules Verne-themed restaurant there in an actual building. Wasn't this the actual idea behind Discoveryland? Not a futuristic place but the future like the old visionaires had in vision?
So please DLP, keep to the original idea behind Discoveryland  [-o<

Couldn't agree more  :D

bigrossco

Agree as well, and also place it so people can SEE it not have to walk through another path to get to it seems such badly placed and a last thought of the park
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

HildeKitten

If there was a Jules Verne themed restaurant there and the food was decent I'd eat there all the time.
Seriously.

JelleP

^ Really? Didn't know that!
Well, can anyone imagine why they replaced it then... :S