Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrp-mad

Wow!

That concept art looks amazing. It will be great if you can walk through the arches of those facades to get to the tower. The studios is going to look so different when I go next year, and it's going to look so much better! :D

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

SkySurfer

I just thought about the little walkway between Toon Studio and Tram Tour...
How will the facades look from this point of view?

Will it be a look "behind the scenes" facade or will they build this part as real buildings?

Grandmath

From this walkway, the facades can't be seen so don't worry.

Kristof

Very recent photos from this afternoon can be found here at Photos Magiques:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/v ... acemaking/

Owain

Wow everyday the boulevard is getting better and better !  :)

WDI1992

It is looking splendid, very nice detail again. It's all coming together quicky now and the First National Bank looking quite good aswell.
 It's going to look great when finished, and without a doubt very big!
great job Imagineering!  :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

CafeFantasia

Hey, have you ever looked for the First National Bank on Google Earth? The 3D model is very similar to what they've built at WDS:

Grandmath

The "El Capitan" graphic sign has been added to the far left building. Looks great. Those kinds of details (signage), furthermore lit up at night, will add a great deal of realism and mood to the Boulevard!

Source: //http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard.net/viewtopic.forum?p=38617#38617

Kristof

That's a great reference to the Disney owned theatre!  But... this will probably also mean there won't be an El Capitan make-over for Cinémagique?!

ford prefect

does any one know when the boulevard is due to open?

will it be finished by christmas?

my apologies if this has been asked before
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Anthony

Thanks for the update, Grandmath! I really hope these details do light up at night.

Quote from: "raptor1982"That's a great reference to the Disney owned theatre!  But... this will probably also mean there won't be an El Capitan make-over for Cinémagique?!
I think the rumours were for a Grauman's Chinese Theatre makeover, weren't they? Hopefully that's still possible...

I read on MiceAge they're thinking about giving the Hyperion Theatre at DCA a proper, enclosed lobby area in the future. Right now it's a bare concrete outdoor area like CinéMagique. I wonder if that's too far-fetched to also happen at WDS?

The El Capitan is also featured quite prominently on the mural at the end of Disney Studio 1, which will be a bit weird now it suddenly has the bank next to it...

DynastyGo

Quote from: "raptor1982"That's a great reference to the Disney owned theatre!  But... this will probably also mean there won't be an El Capitan make-over for Cinémagique?!

Maybe, but perhaps a Chinese Theater makeover ;).

RnRCj

Thanks for posting that Grandmath! :D

Quote from: "ford prefect"does any one know when the boulevard is due to open?

will it be finished by christmas?

my apologies if this has been asked before

I believe it will be ready sometime in November :wink:

Owain

:offtopic:  But when the Boulevard and Tower are both open will this mean Walt Disney Studios getting Later closing times so people can see the effect with the lights on ?

DynastyGo

With the Tower the parc is rumoured to close at 8 pm. Ansd in winter you will see all the beautiful nigh effects of Toon Studios too ;).