Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

peep

Awesome, it looks like its really coming together now. In the last picture is that a new structure being built around the tour station?
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Patrick

No that would be the Tram Tour station facade railings, no doubt to be replaced by the Hollywood Hills or something that they had planned to go on there :wink: .

All I can say from that photo is wow it actually looks better without the photoshopped Dinotopia, Catastrophe Canyon Tram Tour sign :lol: .

Kristof

Yep, that's where the Hollywood Hills will go.

RnRCj

Ahhh, more details :) It's so good to see the Tram Tour billboard gone :lol:

Nath

Is it me, or do some of those facardes going down towards the tram tour look incredibly cheap and tacky? Shame they wont be building them the same way they are infront of ToT.

Kristof

First of all, they're not finished yet.  Second of all, they're build with the very same technique as the New York streetset at Disney-MGM Studios.

Nath

I know they're not finished yet Raptor, but I was on about the two-dimensional scale, and secondly nor have I seen the version in Disneyworld. I was just stating what I could see.

Kristof

Yeah I get your point, but what I'm trying to say is, let's not judge until it's finished.   :D   The Boulevard part (as in the street leading up to the Tram Tour) is intended to be a forced perspective.  You have a few buildings on the foreground and the background are the Hollywood hills.  The use of 2D façades is very very common in the movie industry since filmcamera's can't see the difference between 2D and 3D, on a background.  This technique is used at the streetsets in Universal Studios parks and Disney-MGM.

Like this:

Disney-MGM:

Universal Orlando:

:D

Nath

I understand how they work and how they are used effectivly to force perspective, but being in a film is different then being by the facardes themselves. In a film cameras use apperture settings to blur the backgrounds anyway so they're not in focus and nor are they picked up on, i'm just worried a bit about walking down this greatly themed area to get to some glorified cardboard cut out!

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Nath"I understand how they work and how they are used effectivly to force perspective, but being in a film is different then being by the facardes themselves. In a film cameras use apperture settings to blur the backgrounds anyway so they're not in focus and nor are they picked up on, i'm just worried a bit about walking down this greatly themed area to get to some glorified cardboard cut out!

Don't worry - the effect in MGM Studios is truly amazing!  :wink:

I hope they'll add similar sound effects in our Studios. I swear, in MGM I truly thought a bus was coming up behind me about to hit me... That's how good the effects were.  :D  (Visited Florida in 2001.)
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

RnRCj

Posted by Ptitmath at Disney Central Plaza:

//http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=21&u=11382459

Maarten

Quote from: "RnRCj"Posted by Ptitmath at Disney Central Plaza:

//http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=21&u=11382459

I'm not too sure if I like the First National Bank in forced perspective next to the Tower of Terror in full scale. Its probably too soon to judge but I am worried that the forced perspective effect won't work that well.  :?

Kristof

Let's wait and see.