Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"WOW! I had my doubts about this at first (with it covering the entrances to TOT and STT) but I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is going to be truly amazing :)

Thanks for the pictures Raptor, they're brilliant, especially the last one

I wasn't sure about it either when I first heard about this project, but I'm definitely really excited about it now! :D :P

Maarten

Raptor, thank you for the pics once again. I was really looking forward to them and they were definately worth the wait.

However, I am not sure how the forced perspective will work. I mean, seeing the First National Bank located next to a 56 metres high building seems a bit odd. On the other hand, it fits with the movie set theming, although I regret that our piece of Hollywood isn't a set for once. Is the Hollywood Tower Hotel supposed to be a real hotel or a set aswell? :?

Edit: Although we are talking about the placemaking around the Tower, is there any news on the placemaking project near the exsisting Place des Stars? If they have any plans to rebrand this area to Hollywood Studio/Theatre District, I guess they must hurry up to get everything done by January? Unless they have only a few small enhancements planned ofcourse.

Riebi

Wow that looks all so brilliant! And the visitors in front of the boulevard looks small small small! And you´re right! It´s an iconic and wonderful place for the tower and the Boulevard buildings! It will be a gorgeous
hello! after walking across studio 1!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

barryb

These buildings are gonna be stunning. I'm sooooo pleased that the Studios is getting such attention to detail.

I'm really looking forward to sitting on the steps of this building. (I found these trawling the net so thanks to Jeffs LostWorld)

(SPOILER):

http://lostworld.pair.com/disneyland/ca ... gs-mid.jpg

http://lostworld.pair.com/disneyland/ca ... d3-mid.jpg

Grandmath

Buldings are quickly rising... first theming elements arrive on the walls.

For a few more, click here and go to the bottom of the page:

Placemaking: Hollywood Boulevard

Kristof

Here are two photos from past Sunday:

Soap

Looks so easy as they progress through it....very nice and great effort by the imagineers!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

Look what happens in just a few days time:

Source: WDSfans

RnRCj

Obviously these buildings will have quite alot of detail!

peep

Wow, these buildings are transforming quickly. Coolbeans  :p
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Soap

What a super detail, what a amazing job, in such a short time.... :shock:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

kermit

Seeing all the details, I wonder how they get along with the estimated budget of 250 millions for all the new attractions. ToT is somewhat around 160 millions ? Then we´ve got Toon Studios (Cars and Nemo), Buzz and next years Stitch attraction. Is it just me or is anyone else wondering how they manage that.

Does anyone have any details on how much they´ve spend so far ?
"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

Grandmath

A lot of details but the whole placemaking is prefabricated, I believe in a cheap plastic-like quality. Obviously thoses motifs were not sculpted  :lol: So I don't think it costs that much. Doesn't matter afterall, it is mainly there to have a good look, but it still is a movie set.

disney_donutter

I think the detail on it looks really good, I really can't wait to see it finished in all it's glory! lol

WDI1992

wow, that totally awesome dude!  :lol:
very big change since sunday, very nice detail on the facade...
the mouldings are prefab but they don't look prefab, that's what makes it so nice, in a little while, the whole thing will get painted and will get an aged effect and it'll look as the building was handsculpted from the ground up, and all this about 60 years ago :lol:
can't wait till the next update, good job imagineering and developement!  :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net