Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

People would call me sad if I said I get excited if there is a new wall built at DLRP... but it's true, I do :lol:

Owain

RnRCj

It's great to see that the 15th Anniversary has brought some good theming to WDS :D I'm still curious why this is being built out of steel though :?

Anthony

Quote from: "RnRCj"It's great to see that the 15th Anniversary has brought some good theming to WDS :D I'm still curious why this is being built out of steel though :?
I'd guess because they aren't proper buildings, just pieces of themeing.  The small front tower with a dome on ToT was also built using steel before getting themeing slapped on top, I think these are the same.

Owain

Kristof

My post in the ToT topic applies here as well.  Knowing (and respecting) the partner websites would be greatly appreciated.

Riebi

Looks like the plates are only bonded or something on the construction. lightweight mode of construction?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Owain

anthony2k6

Quote from: "Owain"Close up of the Wall;

i wonder if the above is going to be something like :

http://lostworld.pair.com/disneyland/ca ... e_page.jpg
edit: oops sorry mods, i just copied the link from earlier in the thread - the pics doesnt show that big there but i dont know how to fix the size?!

Kristof

If an image is wider than 800 pixels, you have to post it as an URL (see the magicforum dos and don'ts).

About the facades, Off the Page will be the building on the far right of the Tower.  It has been discussed several pages ago.

A building with a dome, also from DCA, will be featured on the left.

Riebi

What are the next steps? Are they doing something for the backdrop etc. at the Tram Tour?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Imagineer

No more progress? New photos, please!!!

Kristof

Quote from: "Imagineer"No more progress? New photos, please!!!

There's no need to spam the topics like this.  If there are new photos, they will get posted.  :)

In the mean time, I'm posting this photo made by Grandmath at Disney Central Plaza forum.  It's a rendering made by himself that shows which buildings from DCA will be used in our Blvd.

Source

Imagineer

I've never meant to spam. I was just asking. There's no need to be so drastic with your replies.

Kristof

There's no need to challenge a moderator or admin's reply.