Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

More metal has been added:

You can now see the supports for billboards, chimneys, etc.  :)

Source

Riebi

And it looks even more impressive.

Do somebody know when they add the "facades"?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Soap

Quote from: "Riebi"And it looks even more impressive.

Do somebody know when they add the "facades"?

Is it for sure that there will be only facades? Or will there be also real shops/restaurants?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Riebi

there should be a counter for snacks and drinks in some buildings around the ToT but no real shops or something like in main street.

Kristof

The fake Gone Hollywood store is going vertical!  For the new mousketeers: it's located on the Art of Disney Animation side and will hide the AODA queue line.  :wink:

Owain

Sorry to act like a nube but when you walk into the tower will you be able to see the back of the facades or do they go all the way around and are just hollow inside ?

Sigton

Wow it looks so tall! :shock:
I'm so happy to see so much progress. Too bad  it won't be open this summer.

Whoknew?

I'm still wondering how the transition between the gone hollywood facade and AODA will be. I dont't like the idea of obviously beeing a facade seen from the main point of exit, the exit of studio 1  :?

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Owain"Sorry to act like a nube but when you walk into the tower will you be able to see the back of the facades or do they go all the way around and are just hollow inside ?

At DCA and MGM they show you both sides so you can see how props are made.  I would expect that to be the case.
since 2001 (many before that)

Kristof

Look how fast it goes!  Even more metal bars have been put on the rest of the buildings in front of the Tower:

Source

RnRCj

It's certainly growing fast :D I'm just wondering why they're building this out of steel and TOT out of concrete :?

Riebi

WOW! And look how little the humans look beside the constructions.
Are they now going to add the "real" facade?

Mansion Staff

tot is concrete because of french construction laws,
the steel structures, I dont know
well we all cant come and go by BUBBLE!

be careful, or Ill drop a house on you.

Owain

Dlrp.fr update on Hollywood Boulevard;

//http://www.dlrp.fr/actualites_placemaking-production-courtyard-walt-disney-studios_1545.html

CafeFantasia

Will there be facades/buildings actually going DOWN the street towards the Tram Tour station? Or will the majority facades just be running ACROSS the Tower of Terror?