Hollywood Boulevard placemaking

Started by Anthony, June 13, 2006, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Quote from: "Alan"Will there be facades/buildings actually going DOWN the street towards the Tram Tour station? Or will the majority facades just be running ACROSS the Tower of Terror?

If im right, im sure the Facades will be going down the Street to where the Studio Tram Tour Station is. Then the Studio Tram Tour sign will be replaced by a Hollywood Hills facade.

Kristof

Some photos from past weekend:

La Terrasse is being repainted to match the design of ToT:

Front view with a nice blue sky:

More photos here.

Sigton

We already have the Toilets of Terror and we are going to have the Terrasse of Terror! :lol:

Grandmath

According to member Kinoo who overheard a conversation between Imagineers and journalists over the press event, it seems confirmed that the Place des Stars will be getting its own placemaking next year (the name Theater District was also mentioned), with a complete overhaul of the Cinémagique facade.

Seems great to me that they confirm it, and it looks like a great prep work for Soarin too (which I keep hearing about from different ways, even if there is still no confirmation)  :o

Maarten

Quote from: "Grandmath"According to member Kinoo who overheard a conversation between Imagineers and journalists over the press event, it seems confirmed that the Place des Stars will be getting its own placemaking next year (the name Theater District was also mentioned), with a complete overhaul of the Cinémagique facade.]

Its quite interesting that this Theater District rumor keeps coming back. It sound like a nice idea but my only concern is that Soarin' and the Stitch attraction wouldn't fit in that well. On the other hand, as long as the current Production Courtyard will finally receive a make-over and a clear identity, I'm happy with it. Adding more art deco elements and palmtrees would give this area a great Hollywood kind of feel.

QuoteSeems great to me that they confirm it, and it looks like a great prep work for Soarin too (which I keep hearing about from different ways, even if there is still no confirmation)  :o

Soarin' would be a great addition to the Walt Disney Studios. Although thematically it doesn't make any sense in a Studio themed park, its a great ride (I even enjoyed it more then the Tower of Terror in Orlando last year). Personally I would even prefer Soarin' over Splash Mountain at the Disneyland Park. Just one question; how are they going to fit the massive Soarin' building between Cinemagique and the Television Studio?  :?

CafeFantasia

Well, they could always build Soarin' with just one theatre, instead of the two that it has at Epcot. However, that might be a bit short-sighted. Soarin' would be such a success and bring so many more people into WDS, that it would need two theatres to avoid massive queues.

Still, it'd surely be quite a bit cheaper to build with just one theatre, right?

I agree, Soarin' is one of the best attractions at Walt Disney World. It's a bit sad, because it doesn't have any animatronics or sets, but the experience (to some) can be a lot more enjoyable than Pirates or Splash Mountain!

RnRCj

I've been wondering whether La Terrasse will be painted :) It blends in witht the tower really well. It must have been built specially to match TOT.

Owain

Quote from: "RnRCj"I've been wondering whether La Terrasse will be painted :) It blends in witht the tower really well. It must have been built specially to match TOT.

I dont no if im right but ive heard it before, I think it was built for TOT because we were suppose to have ours by 2004 so preperations would have started when the park opened. But california needed it due to loss of people in DCA, so they got our tower of terror slot.

Patrick

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "RnRCj"I've been wondering whether La Terrasse will be painted :) It blends in witht the tower really well. It must have been built specially to match TOT.

I dont no if im right but ive heard it before, I think it was built for TOT because we were suppose to have ours by 2004 so preperations would have started when the park opened. But california needed it due to loss of people in DCA, so they got our tower of terror slot.

That is correct, however forget the idea we gratefully gave DCA the tower, they took it anyway, since they were after some way to save the failing DCA.  WDS just could not afford such a thing for a 2004 opening as had originally been proposed for wds.  This was due to loss of funds thanks to less than a major increase of visitors to dlrp when wds opened as had been expected.  Hence why in late 2004 the loan refinancing was completed and eurodisney sca was granted more money :wink: .  That's why dca got the tower first, there was no slot idea as I have heard of.  Also Toilets of terror and La terrasse were both built to match the pueblo style of ToT :wink: .  The direct link was even placed on la terrasse, by the nice engraving of HTH on the top middle area of the archway.

Grandmath

I am not sure La Terrasse has been repainted yet. Didn't they just scratched all the white paint on the pictures? Color looks like Tower's, but it looks odd. Not a "Disney" paint  :lol:

Kristof

I saw the painters put on a layer of primer a couple of weeks ago, I assumed they repainted it.   :)

April 27, 2007:

The Butlin Boy

OMG, A WALL!!! :o

Source: Magny-seb at DCP

disneyfanatic

Just Monday it was a metal structure that had silver & red ribbons from HSM floating onto it as the men were working. Tuesday it had a gray side and today it's a wall! It's amazing how fast things can get done there.

Riebi

OMG OMG OMG!!

The facade construction is on the way! I´m so happy that it start now! Hope I will see much more when I start my trip!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Owain

WOW !  :)  These facades will look great !