Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Yep, that's about the level DLP is aiming for...

I like that France calls a break bumper a "parasitage", like a parasite on the programmes.

britincgn

But will the festival bring anything to DLP.Im a bit fed up of having a new theme each year ,id prefere the park get back to how it was supposed to be and spend money on rehabs,shows (lion king),etc and then when the 20th Aniv comes they can lash out with a new concept.Oh yes and Id lke the Main street electrical Parade back :-)

tubbsy

:lol: I'm sorry!  :lol: they tickled me-now you all know my level! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anthony

New "behind the scenes" Making Of video.

[youtube:dd1932y2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTo2NHmbcWk[/youtube:dd1932y2]

Kristof

Hehe I was just in the progress of uploading the same video with subtitles.  I'll post it here later this evening. ;-)

Anthony

Updated. :)

The Butlin Boy

I can't say that I didn't see these coming :roll: :

Well at least they're all different, it varies it up a bit and makes each one a bit more unique from the next (although how unique can the same old stock images get? :roll: ). I wonder how many different designs there are in total?

:arrow: http://www.newsdlrp.com/dlrp-502-quoi-d ... paris.html

dlrpkris

Oh this can't be happening! Just when the NGF was showing signs of being a real departure and introducing some quality to the place... this happens. These posters add nothing. The 'welcome' text is almost the same as the MMP ones too. And what's with the pastel colour scheme? Not very bold or magical. Very simplistic and bland.
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Anthony

Same old, same old. I hope sometime this decade they break away from this sky blue colour scheme.

They'd be much better without the naff text just as plain character banners. There were some pictures somewhere of the new souvenir cups where the characters have much bolder (yellow, lime green, pink) backgrounds. That wouldn't have been terrible just in Front Lot and Fantasia Gardens.

But oh well, at least we got more than two generic designs this year. Small steps. :wink:

dagobert

I would be fine with the banners outside the parks, but why did they put them into WDS?

Hopefully we will not see them in DLP.

Anthony

It is odd, that. They seem to treat Front Lot like the Fantasia Gardens of WDS...

Should be renamed Billboard Studio.

RnRCj

I don't see why posters advertising NGF are needed when guests are already at the resort.

And if they have to do it they could at least make them look good.

luke85

Quote from: "RnRCj"I don't see why posters advertising NGF are needed when guests are already at the resort.

I have never understood this either. The battle's already been won, they're in the parks! I am really hoping that they don't add anything to the front of Main Street Station, as something can kind of be seen from the video... :(

dlrpkris

I can only assume they think it's some kind of atmospheric decoration. It helps (in theory) to give you the feeling of being there for a special event. Perhaps they'll promote DLP for being DLP one day
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Magic M

Since the decorations have started and the nasty golden Mickey has come down does this mean we might get an early preview before the end of March?