Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke85

Such an improvement on the white monstrosities! These are much more demure and subtle. I like the coloured ribbons at the bottom too.

dagobert

That's really an improvement compared to the huge lamposts. The banners don't look bad, nevertheless I would have prfered a Main Street without any decoration.

Anthony

Yep, that's the way it should be done!

I kinda preferred the ribbon colours on the concept art, but that's being picky...

RnRCj

If there has to be decorations, this is how it should be done - tasteful decorations that don't mess up the forced perspective. Glad they've finally realised that huge banners look horrid.

I'm still waiting to see Main Street with no decorations at all though, maybe next year...

dlrpkris

Anyone else spotting the seasonal potential for these? I'm sure we'll see the characters with snow on their heads and the like before long
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Kristof

Main Street Station decorations.....

Was quite a surprise this morning.  :mrgreen:

dlrpkris

Well... I saw. It almost lends itself to the Halloween (HKDL, DLR AND MK) but a welcome touch. Perhaps City Hall could match etc
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

luke85

Looks nice! Again, very subtle, although I have a sneaky suspicion something will be added to the silks... I hope I'm wrong though!  [-o<

norhel

Like it :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

dagobert

It looks like the Halloween decoration at the MK in Florida, but it looks okay. I would have prepared other colours like red, white and blue, since it's Main Street USA. In my opinion it would fit better, but there are already the US flags on Main Street.

Maarten

I'm quite pleased with the banners, it could have been a lot worse. Compared to last year, these decorations fit in with the surroundings (at least proportionally).

pussinboots

Red and gold? And green and navy? Sky blue? There isn't much of a color scheme this year, is there. The advertising suggested it would be lime green, blue and a selection of bright pastels — this is almost like a 19th century circus. You'd almost think they did it on purpose to fit in better with Main Street!

Too bad about the awkward Photoshop work with the drop shadows, though.

Magic M

Brand new NGF decorations put up this morning!

smurfy74

ooooooooooo they are quite cool nice touches

luke85

Maybe the phrase "less is more" doesn't exist in French after all...