Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpkris

Oh dear god! I don't mind the sign so much, but the characters are creepy. Why can;t they be of a similar standard to those used in the store windows? Woody looks like he's been on the sun bed too long...
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

15MagicalYears

Oh no.
I don't like the look of this :? .

JelleP

The idea of putting the characters on the Main Street Station is quite cool, but the elaboration of the idea is not done very well.
- The characters look really creepy;
- The sign is very cheap-looking. It's just a poster with nothing else (no lighting and stuff, which you should expect at the entrance of a Disney Park!);
- Those 'flags' would have been much more enjoyable when they were just red-white-blue, like the normal ones in main Street...

The New Generation Festival seemed to work out very nice, but this actually ruins everything...  :|
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

dagobert

Oh my god, that looks really bad. At least they didn't put it on the castle.

The characters look indeed creepy. They should be removed.The sign isn't too bad, but I would have prefered a smaller one, because the Main Street Station is a very beautiful building and the cahracters and the big sign ruin the look of it.

Quote from: "luke85"Maybe the phrase "less is more" doesn't exist in French after all...

I think you are absolutely right.

Anthony

Somehow better than I expected (more permanent) and yet worse at the same time... It's nice to see those real fabric drapes, but then there's the awful character models, the unnecessary and over-large Mickey, and for some reason the French logo.

Still, better than the rubbish they put on there at Halloween and Christmas.

pussinboots

No. Just... No. Those scary puppets, that logo in a Baroque frame... And it started out so well.

Woody looks like he should be in some bad made-for-TV thriller saying, "I'm here to pick up the kids."

RnRCj

Not good. Big clash of themes and colours... and scary figures.

I want to know who the idiot is that looks at the concept art and gives it the go ahead. They really need to get some glasses. Or be fired, preferably.

SM:M3

Oh, why did they do that? There really was no need for that at all, could they not have used used some brightly coloured drapes or something?

mattboywonder

Dispite being "New Generation", they still get Mickey in there though
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

bigrossco

Quote from: "Anthony"Somehow better than I expected (more permanent) and yet worse at the same time... It's nice to see those real fabric drapes, but then there's the awful character models, the unnecessary and over-large Mickey, and for some reason the French logo.

Still, better than the rubbish they put on there at Halloween and Christmas.

Agree! You would also think the sign would be up in English since that what everyone knows and only happens we know what it says! not everyone will
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

never2old

I think that without that big logo in the middle, if they had just put the characters in the balcony like Tiana or Remy, welcoming people to the park, it would have been a lot better. More discreet.

Still, could be worse, they could have stuck all that in the Castle...

dagobert

They should remove the whole thing and they should do a real "Park Opening Show" with real NGF characters , like they do at the MK. Although I didn't like the show over there, it was too cheesy, but still a lot better than the sign and the fake characters.

dlrpkris

The concept of the opening show is great, but not sure how it'd fit in DLP. For a start, the railroad is open, facing the outside of the park and in Paris it's kinda enclosed/facing inside the park. Would be a fun addition if they could work something out I guess.

As for the events tonight, anyone got an official programme of what's meant to be happening? Seems confused having the Press Event over in WDS, but people are also talking of a huge show in DLP tonight. Read somewhere the 'show' included 215 people? What the heck is that about?

I'm sure the festival would've packed more punch if TSPlayland was open from the start of it - and not halfway through. Getting all the press there to try 3 small rides doesn't really cut it in the Disney world, but the complete line-up certainly would've
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Anthony

Was the talk of using the stunt arena just wild rumour, or not?

Anyway, amazing - a real famous person was there:

Funny that the list of French celebs is pretty much the same as every other year. Couldn't one of the Pixar guys have been asked to come along? They'd get far more attention than those non-entities.

Talking of the Toy Story Playland opening, I can't imagine how they'll have a ceremony for that, at least at the land entrance, isn't the space far too small?

Anthony

First image from the Stunt Arena: