Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbiad

Not a bad video at all. Love the concept of the showtime spectacular - very classic.

Strange how they were creating a new dress for Tiana - surely thes'd just be flown in from DL or WDW? Or I suppose the new costumes would have to be unique to the actress?
Great to have Wall•E finally confirmed. Although we all knew it wa coming, it always gives you a little spark to know it's for real. :)

Anthony

Quote from: "Magic M"Since the decorations have started and the nasty golden Mickey has come down does this mean we might get an early preview before the end of March?
Some things like Disney Showtime Spectacular will have performances from next Tuesday, 23rd March I think. Not sure when add-ons like Tiana and Remy will appear in their parades...

Quote from: "Columbiad"Strange how they were creating a new dress for Tiana - surely thes'd just be flown in from DL or WDW? Or I suppose the new costumes would have to be unique to the actress?
It's a special dress to match those of the other princesses on the Dreams of Romance floats, which all have "crystal" fabric and gold thread designs, and were made especially for the parade in 2007. I presume we'll still see the normal dress for meet 'n' greets and the Town Square event.

This is what I was talking about having brighter coloured backgrounds on the posters:

Much fresher.

JelleP

I already like the NGF much more that MMP!
I hadn't expect something good about this festival, but the Behinde-the-Scenes videos are really nice!
The only thing missing is a Podcast ;)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

dlrpkris

Other than those awful posters (and quite possibly the All Stars Express - I'll reserve judgement - at least the name of it is nice) then I'm really impressed with the festival so far. Subtle qualities seem to be addressed and they're tackling new territory at last. A season not inspired by other parks, introducing characters they've ignored before and a professional teaser campaign that will undoubtedly have guests' expectations exceeded once they visit.
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Columbiad

Quote from: "Anthony"It's a special dress to match those of the other princesses on the Dreams of Romance floats, which all have "crystal" fabric and gold thread designs, and were made especially for the parade in 2007. I presume we'll still see the normal dress for meet 'n' greets and the Town Square event.

This is what I was talking about having brighter coloured backgrounds on the posters...

Ah, thanks Anthony. I much prefer those designs as opposed to the others....eew.. absolute waste of money.  

This theme year really isnt shaping up that bad at all.  :D

Anthony

Seems like wasting money on replacing the emblems at the parking entrance is now an annual thing:

Photo: DCP on Facebook

pussinboots

They're quite useful, aren't they. For people who've driven to that spot and are contemplating where to go next.

dagobert

I have never been at these gates to the parking lot, but didn't these emblemes show a beautiful picture of Sleeping Beauty Castle?

dlrpkris

A waste of money perhaps, but at least they don't look horrendous
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"

smurfy74

just got back and the banners are all over front lot in the studios but thats as fas as they go in the studios, theres a giant slinky dog above the canopy to the store in the front lot, and the new logo appearing everywhere is great using all the NGF characters to make the letters - so much so I bought a Tshirt - also there are Tshirts that have the attractions on them TOT, indy spring to mind when i see my photos tomorrow i will post

dlrpkris

I'm actually in love with the 'new' Disneyland logo of character colours. It just looks really appealing, simple and not too in your face. So much that you might actually buy the merchandise :)

Aveen2008

Quote from: "pussinboots"They're quite useful, aren't they. For people who've driven to that spot and are contemplating where to go next.

lmao =D>  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Luv Aveen xoxo

never2old

Sorry if this has already been posted, but just in case, have you seen this NGF logo? They had pin lanyards with it (and this big pin frame). I also saw some black hoodies with it, and probably more merchandise I missed

bigrossco

yup can also be found in the Pin Forum ;) viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8159&p=158333#p158253
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

MagicKenny

Just found these:

Kenny :)
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm