Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Anyone know which random country the new generation festival's advert will be filmed in?  :wink:

SM:M3

Just found this link on Disney Central Plaza
//http://actualite.disneylandparis.fr/evenements/new-generation-festival.xhtml

First advert for NGF

Look carefull on the castle at the end (with the fireworks).
See the Mickey stickers on the two windows, like in the visuals :?

Maarten

Quote from: "SM:M3"Just found this link on Disney Central Plaza
//http://actualite.disneylandparis.fr/evenements/new-generation-festival.xhtml

First advert for NGF

Not bad at all in my book. I actually like it! The best Disneyland Paris commercial I have seen since the 15th anniversary ones. It's fast and edgy, exactly what the New Generation Festival should be.

I especially like the CGI characters by the way, where they especially created for this commercial you think?

Does anyone know if the real new characters from films like Bolt, Up, Wall-E and Enchanted will be out during NGF aswell? Otherwise NGF would only be a weak excuse to get characters we already know (except for Tiana) in the limelight once again. I've heard EuroDisney held auditions for Gisele some time ago, can anyone confirm that?

Scissorsboi

I seem to remember seeing some photos of Giselle in the park a while ago, but I haven't heard anything from her since. I agree with getting the Up characters in the park somehow, it'd be nice to have them in Art of Animation like they do at DHS, walking in and seeing them next to Sorcerer Mickey was a really nice surprise and a fitting finale to the attraction.

That advert is really nice, a better style than some of the recent ones (except the very magical Christmas one), and I can see it being plugged onto many of the next DVD releases during the year much like 15th Anniversary had. It does seem weird that they don't specifically name TSPL, only the attractions though!

I hope they use the Army Men as random walk about characters too, especially in the TSPL area, they seem to be featuring them quite a lot, and it'd be nice to see them in the parks as a tie in with the marketing!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Kristof

Giselle was only out in the park when Business Solutions was hired by Motion Pictures for a special event in the Studios. (Same for Prince Caspian)

SM:M3

As much as I like the advert, its no match for this;
[youtube:17t6uech]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlKKTSVETt0[/youtube:17t6uech]

Or this mad advert from Hong Kong;
[youtube:17t6uech]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pilq6uYL3fo[/youtube:17t6uech]

Maybe we should have "it's a small world: ROCK celebration"

:lol:

Owain

About the tickets, i just hope that they use them !

My trip last week i was given a 15th ticket, that was nearly 3 years ago !  :shock:

Reiana

Got the 15th ticket too, last june and november. I was a little bit disappointed. :|
In june I thought it was ok, last tickets for the 15th, but in november I was shocked.

Aveen2008

Is it just me (probably :roll: ) or does it feel like a big deal made out of nothing, just like mickey's magical party celebrations all over again! Just another weak stunt to pull people in. I know personally when I go this year it won't be due to any of the NGF celebrations!

I can see that yes a new 'land' in the studios is kind of a big deal with 3 new attractions, I will give them that but this whole "New" generation nonsense is really pathetic.

From looking at the  press release by DLP it really looks like there is nothing special about any of it, just some weak changes to already existing attractions/entertainment!!

For example -They make a big deal of it having a ratatoulie car at star's and cars - not exactly a big deal when we can already meet remy and emile in the studios so really the new addition there is a car! The monsters inc thing is basically nothing appart from highlighting the photo location with sulley really which has been present for years and hearing more annoying screaming :roll: coming from that area , Characters that we already know and have been around for years coming on the character express ( i will always call it that) are being called 'new' like toy story characters, monsters inc etc I can see how they are relatively new but they definately aren't new to anyone who is a disney fan or a DLP enthusiast as these characters have been around for years! I am glad we at least get Tiana and Naveen as new characters but they are making a big deal of the fact they are sticking them on a float we already had on the once upon a dream parade and trying to me a big deal of it!! We aren't stupid!!

It's like giving someone the same dress for their birthday and christmas except sticking a bow on it and expecting the person recieving it to get excited!

Sorry I just had to have that rant!! :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

smurfy74

But when you are trying to save money - marketting these 'new' things make sense, especially for those that havent been for a bit, i would rather a low spend year - and then more attractions and shows.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "smurfy74"But when you are trying to save money - marketting these 'new' things make sense, especially for those that havent been for a bit, i would rather a low spend year - and then more attractions and shows.

In some ways a fair point, but even better still, I'd rather they did not build TSPL or harp on about this new pathetic marketing spiel, and maybe focus on the quality and pricing - e.g. ad campaign aimed at young families, teens, childless couples, older folks. Then do something small for each group - kids -Tiana, teens - a special pass for an after hours ride on Space Mountain or Big Thunder for hotel guests, live music for the childless groups.

It would cost less and probably drive better attendance.
since 2001 (many before that)

smurfy74

i think youre right dave but they need to make people want to visit now and the theme years seem to be a way of doing it - so i guess its better at the moment to play your safe cards, although I agree with you on the different groups etc, I guess you mean like the way TDS had that amazing ad with an older couple.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "smurfy74"i think youre right dave but they need to make people want to visit now and the theme years seem to be a way of doing it - so i guess its better at the moment to play your safe cards, although I agree with you on the different groups etc, I guess you mean like the way TDS had that amazing ad with an older couple.

Exactly.

They could have had a Generations and Family year if they needed to tie it in.

Special meet and greet with Tiana (maybe random character wake up calls face to face in the hotels) for the little ones

EMH thrill time aiming at the teens

For adults, free apperitif on a birthday, anniversary or over 65's.

But tie in adds that show something for each age group and another add that shows them all having fun together.

That would probably have as big and impact if not more, and be a less shallow experience.

If everything is always "big" and "magical" it takes away from the the things that should be - e.g. the 15th, ToT opening, the 20th etc.

davewasbaloo

Please do not get me wrong. I do not expect a new e-ticket every year, and despite my anger at characters all the time, I do not hate them. I simply want balance. I am quite happy to wait 5 - 10 years for e-tickets if they are amazing. I like seeing lesser attractions too (as long as they are not carnival rides or toon based all the time).

And marketing is essentual. But even the Need Magic campaign was exciting.

Given that Moteurs Action, Animagique, Buffalo Bills and Playhouse Disney are the only quality shows in the resort now, I suppose I expect a little better from the resort, even when they are saving money.

lil-shawn

what i would like to know is if there will be a new music or will they use the mickey´s magical party theme song?