Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"These look ok. However, am I the only one that wished they focused more on the attractions rather than characters - a kid's ticket with Peter Pan's flight or Buzz Lazer Blaster on it, adults with ToT or Space Mountain etc. Or if you are going for the characters, more of a Frontierland Sherif Goofy/Mickey, Jungle Explorer Donald, Princess Minnie, Astronaut Pluto type approach?

That's the reason why I like the brochures before 2004 or so better. My first brochure from DLRP is from the year 2000, the first time I have been to DLRP, and it was this brochure why I desperately wanted to go there. There was a double site for each land with beautiful pictures and the most important attractions were discribed.

If I look at the new one, it is just full of characters and little children. It's really sad that Disney just focuses on children.
But compared to previous brochures the 2010 looks so much better than the old ones, especial the hotel section is very nice.

davewasbaloo

Just looked at the new brochure, very unimpressive. If I had never been before and then looked at the prices, I probably would not bother. How sad. Disney has turned into the characture of how others portrayed it.

And with the ticket prices going up again in April, for the first time ever, we may stay a week on the DLP golf course and make DLP a day trip if we bother at all. Otherwise we may go AP again, but passports sure aren't worth it anymore.

I am really disappointed with this year's brochure. Terrible. DLP, the resort that use to pride itself on themes, is now punting characters and Starbucks.
since 2001 (many before that)

Riebi

Hm sorry but I think I don´t get the whole thing really...the stars are landing??? I know it´s an old hat and we saw the new designs now for months but parachute theme is to much for me. Are the disney characters now at the army??? And how should I feel about that? War in disneyland??

Sorry but I like my disneyland more classy and with deeper themes then some toy story characters and tiana (YES I LOVE TOY STORY AND KISS THE FROG!!)

On the other hand it depends how they bring it to the park. If they use again this lamp posts it would be horrible. Just take the annual theme a bit down. Make it fitting to the rest of the park! Tiana's Showboat Jubilee ( :arrow: //http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8276)for example could be a better fitting thing then the whole decoration all together. Don´t make again the same mistake as for MMP! It´s not decoration and banners that makes an event an event. It´s that what you can experience (Marketing lesson 1  :wink:  all new for paris?) enchant us. be magical. Movies. MAGIC. MORE
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

Quote from: "Riebi"Are the disney characters now at the army??? And how should I feel about that? War in disneyland?

Parachutes don't always mean war you know.  :wink:   The idea is that the new generation characters are landing (or arriving) at Disneyland Paris.  

And from what I've seen so far from the designs, there are no Main Street decorations or Castle decorations planned (no budget  =D> )

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Kristof"And from what I've seen so far from the designs, there are no Main Street decorations or Castle decorations planned (no budget  =D> )

Well at least that is good news!
since 2001 (many before that)

luke85

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Kristof"And from what I've seen so far from the designs, there are no Main Street decorations or Castle decorations planned (no budget  =D> )

Well at least that is good news!

Thank you! [-o<

I'm so excited at the thought of seeing our beautiful castle as it was intended to be seen. I really hope there aren't any last minute "surprise" decorations. They won't be well received!

dagobert

That's indeed good news. I've never had a problem with the banners along Main Street, althoug I will be happy when they are removed. Are there plans to remove them completly?

The latest castle decoration for MMP was really bad. This ugly thing with Mickey, Goofy and Donald on the castle should be removed as soon as possible. I would prefer before February 15, because I will visit the resort at this time, but I doubt that this will happen.

Anthony

Hurray! No budget!! Hopefully the giant Main Street lampposts will finally go for good and we can have some sense of scale back.

I suppose they'll at least change the banners around the hub though? Perhaps with designs like the tickets, a different character on each? Pray that they don't get 1,000 identical, cheap-looking banners made like they did for MMP, anyway...

SM:M3

Disney and More has the press release from DLP for the NGF, and it reveals a few details and suprises;
QuoteThe highlight of each day in Disneyland Park is a grand welcome to Princess Tiana, the newest star to join the Disney Princess family from Walt Disney Pictures' latest animated movie, The Princess and the Frog. Each day, Princess Tiana and her Prince Naveen will meet 'n' greet guests and pose for photographs at Town Square Gazebo, with lively music by the Dixieland Band inspired by the music from the film
//http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/01/disneyland-paris-2010-season-sneak-peek.html

Worth a read, withs some stuff about Stars 'n' Cars and the New :?:  Monsters Inc. Scream Academy

RnRCj

I'm liking the sound of the live Dixieland band! If they could get those same band members to perform at other places around the park too, like on the Mark Twain, that would be awesome. Somehow I doubt they would do that though!

I'm also liking the sound of a Main Street with no decorations! Maybe having no budget is a good thing. :lol:

As for everything else... crap, haha.

Willow

Although not specifically 2010 theme related....

There is a new advert out, advertising January to April (I think).

Now, unless my eyes were playing tricks on me, it looked like there was actual in-park footage used!  :shock:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Willow"Although not specifically 2010 theme related....

There is a new advert out, advertising January to April (I think).

Now, unless my eyes were playing tricks on me, it looked like there was actual in-park footage used!  :shock:

I've seen it too, and I had the same reaction. I think it is footage from Orlando though :roll:

[EDIT] You can see it here:

:arrow: http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Hop-Ov ... aris/81107

Kristof

That's California.  It's a re-use of an old commercial for the 15th Anniversary.  They even use the 15th's Hotsy Totsy font.

Anthony

The brief Peter Pan clips are from 2006, that short lived "Believe in your dreams" campaign which accompanied those nice brochure designs. Sometime around mid-2007/08 they decided "this looks far too classy" and threw it out.

Is the sound bad on that copy or was the ad really mixed using Windows Movie Maker and a karaoke mic?

dagobert

Is it really that hard for Euro Disney to do a proper commercial? Why do they have to use clips from California? I'm sure there are also some clips from the parks of DLRP.