Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Quote from: "lil-shawn"what i would like to know is if there will be a new music or will they use the mickey´s magical party theme song?

I have to say I really liked the music to Mickey's magical party - it was very catchy when watching it live! I liked the instrumental music during the different sections too! But it would seem funny to have MMP music when it wasn't anymore hehe! But then again they weren't really celebrating anything anyway! :lol:  :lol:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Martyn

Could someone please give me the run down on what this new 'festival' which involve? I've read the first page and wasn't too impressed, has anything changed since then?

And who the heck is Tiana?  :lol:

davewasbaloo

That is because there is very little to be impressed with. It is the same turd offerings we have had for a while, different character focus. And still no decent stage shows.

Tiana is the new "princess" in the pirncess and the frog. She may hang around as she is Disney's first BME princess.
since 2001 (many before that)

Martyn

BME Princess??

Yeah DLP aere making a big deal about that film, yet its not even coming out in the Cinema's, its going straight to DVD, which normally isn't a good sign for a films popularity...

davewasbaloo

Black Minority Ethnicity. And it is going to the cinema, not straight to DVD.
since 2001 (many before that)

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Martyn"BME Princess??

Yeah DLP aere making a big deal about that film, yet its not even coming out in the Cinema's, its going straight to DVD, which normally isn't a good sign for a films popularity...

Have you been living under a rock for the past few months?

The Princess and The Frog hits the Cinema's over here next Friday and I for one cannot wait.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Annet

It's in cinema's here next wednesday.
Can't wait either, I've read some great reviews!

dagobert

Here in Austria and Germany it was already in the cinema before Christmas. I still do't understand why it is released so late in the UK.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "dagobert"Here in Austria and Germany it was already in the cinema before Christmas. I still do't understand why it is released so late in the UK.

We get everything last, we should be used to it by now  :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

dlrpmad

It's actually disappointing how slow we get things!! Example: princess and the frog is out on DVD and bluray in march, we have to wait until June-july time. And btw, the movie is BRILLIANT!!! I got a preview ticket from the disney store to see it last Sunday! Best disney animation in ages!!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Anthony

It's not necessarily a case of us being slow to get it, like it's stuck crossing the Atlantic, it's just that it makes so much more sense for Disney to release it at half term, when they'll get ticket sales from families right through every day, not just evenings and weekends. All their recent films are always held back until the next school holiday (except Up which was held back about 3...). I don't know if this is the same in other European countries, but Disney UK do reeeaaly love to pander to the kids...

Anyway, quick résumé of the NGF for those who asked:

- Disney Showtime Spectacular once per day on Central Plaza Stage
- Disney All Stars Express, a redecorated Minnie's Party Train (Disney Characters' Express)
- Princess Tiana & Prince Naveen on the final float of Disney's Once Upon a Dream parade
- Princess Tiana & Prince Naveen meeting guests during a dixieland jazz performance of songs from the film on Town Square

- Ratatouille car joins Disney's Stars 'n' Cars
- Toy Story Playland with three new attractions (from Summer 2009, no date yet)

- Monsters Inc, Scream Academy - a small show/event at the location in Toon Studio which -Breaking News- is most certainly cancelled before it began... http://www.dlrptoday.com/2010/01/29/and ... -it-began/

Annet

Quote from: "dagobert"Here in Austria and Germany it was already in the cinema before Christmas. I still do't understand why it is released so late in the UK.
Really? I don't understand why it's so much later here in Holland then.
Ah well, just got to be patient!

Martyn

To be honest, I had never heard of the Princess & the Frog until I got to DLP last Sunday..! And I caught a glimpse of an advert on a TV in the hotel, but it was in French, so couldn't really understand, and the end of the ad the 'Disney DVD' and 'Disney Bluray' logo's came up, so I just presumed it was going straight to DVD.

On another note, I did notice a distinctive lack of Pixar characters last week, no Incredibles, Sully or Mike...

Anthony

I've done some topic splitting and sorting out to give us dedicated topics for each of the New Generation Festival events, like we've had for past theme years. They're all labelled with (NGF) in the title:

Disney Showtime Spectacular

Princess Tiana arrives, new Town Square event

Disney's Stars 'n' Cars - new Ratatouille car
    [/list]
    Please now keep discussion of those in the above topics! I might also start topics for Disney All Stars Express and Monsters Inc Scream Academy, if that's even worth doing...

This topic remains for general New Gen discussion.

ToadWithPinkEyes

Quote from: "Martyn"To be honest, I had never heard of the Princess & the Frog until I got to DLP last Sunday..! And I caught a glimpse of an advert on a TV in the hotel, but it was in French, so couldn't really understand, and the end of the ad the 'Disney DVD' and 'Disney Bluray' logo's came up, so I just presumed it was going straight to DVD.

On another note, I did notice a distinctive lack of Pixar characters last week, no Incredibles, Sully or Mike...

So no Sully or Mike in the Monsters Inc corner of Toon Studios?