Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squishy

Quote from: "ToadWithPinkEyes"So no Sully or Mike in the Monsters Inc corner of Toon Studios?

Oh, I do hope Sully will come back - DD would be so thrilled to meet 'Kitty'

Kristof

Disney Central Plaza uploaded this image on their Facebook profile:

It's a screenshot from the New Gen Festival commercial which will start airing soon.  :)

MagicKenny

Wow! that screenshot looks stunning! truly wonderful! Can't wait to see it on tv!
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

Kristof

I've seen the trailer a couple of weeks ago, here' s a recap:  :wink:

[spoiler:2aolfbcb]It opens with an aerial view of Disneyland Park and a Dinoco helicopter flying over it.  Woody and Buzz (3D rendered) jump out of it with other characters (Rémy, Lightning McQeen and Stitch). They land in Fantasyland in front of Peter Pan's Flight among a crowd of guests in which Mickey, Minnie and Goofy are standing (animated in 2D).  
Next shot is Sulley crashing through the cottage of Snow White.  Then Tiana lands among the Disney princess (2D animated) in front of Le Chateau.
The shot cuts to 2D Donald riding RC Racer and ends with all the animated characters marching down Main Street in a parade.[/spoiler:2aolfbcb]

The trailer is animated by MotionTheory in California.

dagobert

This trailer looks promising. I'm sure I will not see it here in Austria.

Anthony

luke85

It looks very promising, I'm looking forward to seeing this now!

smurfy74

I really like these visuals and think they look good and professional, makes me want to see it sooner than our June trip

dlrpkris

A really promising promotion. Just hope they have some money left to actually air it.

I'm torn about it all being filmed in California. It's such a shame to not use the beauty of our resort (I mean... park), but if it means we get these really professional results... it must be a good thing. The ads filmed in DLR, but used for WDW and DLP too just irritate me.

Custom promotion for our parks is the way forward!

And I can't remember the last time we had drawn animation in our commercials either :)
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

ToadWithPinkEyes

Looks great! But check out Mickey in the last still. Looks slightly psychotic! And not intentionally I feel!

Mrs. Jennes

i LOVE the promotion pictures, although i'm not the biggest Fan of cartoon and animated movies mixed! but the pictures are very interesting! I'm at DLP until the 2nd of April, maybe i can even see something from the festival on april, the 1st. :)

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

Willow

Those are the kind of images that should have been in this years brochure's instead of the ones we actually got.

This is looking promising, could be the best advert for a number of years. I'm impressed.

littlemermaid83

I'm very impressed, kinda excited for NGF now.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

dagobert

Although I'm also excited to see the new spot, I'm not excited about NGF.

I really want to see a great  general spot about the resort that doesn't focus on any festival. I would make one that features thrill rides, family entertainment, restaurants and the resorts. This spot would be addressed to the whole family.

I think that mainly children will be excited about the things in the NGF spot.

Columbiad

Now, this is wierd image. Not only does Mickey look a bit...alarming, and the genie is an intersting shade of purple, but where in the park is this scene intened to be? Main Street?

Becuase looking at the buildings it would seem that the roof is Adventureland, the Cinama board is WDS/DHS, and it would appear, the window above the doors is a copy/paste of the castle window!
Does anyone know where the main building itself is from?

I'm not putting the advert down, I really love it! But I thought it was quite funny the way things were a bit mixed up. :)
Cant wait to see this...