Disney New Generation Festival (Until 13th March 2011)

Started by mclarkson, August 11, 2009, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Now you've mentioned it I also think the picture looks weird. The buildings are a mix of many different Disney buildings from the US parks I would say. Look at the right side of the picture, the window in the arch of the arabic building looks like the one from our castle.

Mickey looks indeed strange.

Anthony

Quote from: "Columbiad"Now, this is wierd image. Not only does Mickey look a bit...alarming, and the genie is an intersting shade of purple, but where in the park is this scene intened to be? Main Street?
It's literally a split-second shot, they just chose a bad freeze frame for Mickey's expression. I guess the idea with using a huge melange of all those buildings is just pure visual bombardment. They want to make the park seem completely overflowing, colourful, in that split second in a way that regular Main Street would look a little... plain? straight?

The only real shame about the ad is the heavy presence of the damn MMP "thing" on the Castle (every time you see it except that shot above), and that's only the fault of the masterminds who put it there in the first place.

I honestly can't think of a single promo campaign from the last whole of the last decade that looks as good as this. The reservations hotline is going to explode next week.

theverynk

The new website is up!

http://new-generation-festival.disneylandparis.co.uk

It is clumsy and full of errors (including broken links and spelling errors), but it does provide one useful, if not annoying insight...

Apparently TS Playland is opening "late summer"... What happened to June?

The 3 new attractions now have official names, too.

And finally, the Scream Academy is listed, which I guess means it's back on?

There are some nice little videos on the shows and attractions pages though that show some backstage stuff, albeit very briefly (such as Remy and Emile's new car, and practising the new dance routine).
Dan \":peter:\"

Visit our fantastic Disney Character website!
http://www.charactercentral.net

Anthony

Not bad at all. It's actually nice to see DLP doing those fluffy kinda videos for once, since they're quite well produced. Katy Harris is a great spokesperson in particular, use her more!

Don't quite get the concept of the Facebook/Twitter feeds (well I do, but they seem useless). I was hoping they would be actual official accounts for Disneyland Paris. The "fan community" and registration thing to make your own profile seems a bit pointless too. Like they sat around in a meeting for too long with "SOCIAL MEDIA" written on a flip chart. Just use it properly to advertise the resort!

Quote from: "theverynk"Apparently TS Playland is opening "late summer"... What happened to June?

The 3 new attractions now have official names, too.

And finally, the Scream Academy is listed, which I guess means it's back on?
Monsters Inc was planned to be an actual show, all they're apparently advertising now is the photo location that's been there 4 years! Toy Story Playland was never announced as June anywhere, but you're right that "Summer" is now being specified as "late Summer". As Kristof said recently, more like August? The names have been known a while. :)

littlemermaid83

Its kinda cute, better than the old website.

Not sure what the twitter and Fb thingys are all about.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Snow_White_Girl

I have to say this looks a lot more promising than I ever anticipated... Something very very interesting on the NGF website though - if you go to the "Characters" bit and click on "list all characters", do my eyes deceive me or is the Evil Queen there?!?!  :shock:  Please please PLEASE tell me she's going to be a meet 'n' greet character!!! If she is I may have to go to DLP just for her this year lol!!

\":lamp:\"

theverynk

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl":shock:  Please please PLEASE tell me she's going to be a meet 'n' greet character!!! If she is I may have to go to DLP just for her this year lol!!

The Queen is already usually out everyday around lunchtime at the Studios. She can also be seen, and sometimes met during Stars n Cars, tho that can be more tricky.
Dan \":peter:\"

Visit our fantastic Disney Character website!
http://www.charactercentral.net

Snow_White_Girl

Ah thank you!! I've not been to DLP for about 18 months, so I had no idea she was already out! I think I should look into a trip sometime this year....! ;)

\":lamp:\"

ICHAPMAN

One of the videos on the NGF site with Christophe Leclercq seems to suggest in the French Audio (but not English subtitles) that Wall-E will also be on the characters - see:

http://new-generation-festival.disneyla ... newsID/257

Will be interesting to see how they represent Wall-E.    The video actually talks about the Character Express train (or whatever we are calling it after this paint job).

Iain

smurfy74

WOOHOOOOOOOO - i for one would love to see Wall-E in the park - i think a wall e film would be a good fix for HISTA and fit in with Discoveryland, but i too am interested how he will get on the train

Anthony

Since it's apparently getting a new look after all, I've started an All Stars Express topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8844

(WALL-E is atop the tender!)

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "ICHAPMAN"One of the videos on the NGF site with Christophe Leclercq seems to suggest in the French Audio (but not English subtitles) that Wall-E will also be on the characters - see:

http://new-generation-festival.disneyla ... newsID/257

Will be interesting to see how they represent Wall-E.    The video actually talks about the Character Express train (or whatever we are calling it after this paint job).

Iain

If you look at the concept art carefully (perhaps on the French site instead - the subtitles get in the way) in the video for all stars express, you can see that they have painted the coal in the second section of the float brown (to resemble mud) and Wall-E is sitting on top  :wink:

I don't think that the site's too bad, I'm interested to see if and how they'll use the social networking aspects of it. The ratatouille car also looks good in the stars and cars video too :)

dlrpkris

Those mini vids are great. Very similar to the American parks, but give the resort a personality. I always think motion and sound sell a concept more than just words.

I fund the site a bit clumsy, but you guys seem to love it. I'll keep quiet on that one :P

Do I assume the new intro music on the site if for the new showtime spectacular? I had expected something with more depth in sound, but would match the track from Stitch's Dane Time in Discoveryland though...
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

loladelorean

I agree it's good to have videos, but they could be a bit longer with more content.
I think the navigation of the new site could be clearer but it's good to see the video content and social networking. just off to follow all the characters on twitter now and see what they do with it!
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

MagicKenny

Some pictures i've found on dlrpfans.be:

Kenny
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm