Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Hype!?

Started by Epcot_Boy, July 17, 2009, 09:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Thought this would be as good as topic as any to post this.

It appears now Miley Cyrus has got herself a tattoo;

Link if pic doesn't work

Call me old fashioned but i personally think this won't be good for Miley.  Don't get me wrong i have nothing against people getting tattoos (even if i have a disliking to them), but this really isn't sending out a good message to her audience, most of who are young.  Cyrus is a rolemodel for little kids and a Disney one at that.  I won't be surprised now hearing about many little girls telling their parents they want a tattoo because "Miley has one" :?

Maybe i'm just being a grumpy old man here, but that's my views on it.

On the subject of Mily Cyrus i heard another thing about her the other day.  Apparently she was in a McDonalds and when a member of staff asked for her name (something to do with a feedback thing" she replied something like "Oh my god are you serious?  Do you really don't know who i am!?"  She appears to be getting to big for her boots..
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

burntsienna

Yeah I've seen the photos of her with the tattoo, I actually really like it.
I think kids who start to want something just because Miley Cyrus has it won't matter much, because they'll all me too young for a tattoo, their parents won't let them and by the time they're old enough they'll hopefully be mature enough to decide to either get one for personal reasons or not get one just because Miley Cyrus has one...at least I'd like to hope they'd be mature enough to think that lol
Then again I am a fan of tattoos  :lol:
But I think that Miley's is rather pretty, plus its in a discreet place (unless she's half naked) which wont' be that often ...once again I'd like to hope...

EDIT - the photo had loaded for me before...but the one on her wrist is an old fake one I believe, with the initials for Justin Gaston I think and hers with the love heart, but the heart isn't seen on other photos. But she does actually have one on her ribs below her chest that says 'Just Breathe' I think...or something along those lines
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Clarebelle

Who cares if she has a tattoo? have they even confirmed wheter it is real or temporary yet? and has no one seen her brother???

Personally I think she is a good role model and doing nothing more than other "girls" her age, its just like Suri Cruz wearing high heels and lip balm to look like mummy, its what girls do! Chris' Sister was 16 and a couple of days old when she got her first tattoo, so what (I dont like/agree with it, but it was safer to let her get one than saying no and having one done by some dodgy guy on a back street, especially after her friends pierced one of their navels with a screwdriver :shock: ). The place that did Mileys wouldnt have if she didnt have parents concent, it would be so high profile they would probably have to shut down.

Thats only my 2 cents and its none of my business what parents and children decided, but I highly doubt we will see tweens with tramp stamps
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

burntsienna

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Who cares if she has a tattoo? have they even confirmed wheter it is real or temporary yet? and has no one seen her brother???

Personally I think she is a good role model and doing nothing more than other "girls" her age, its just like Suri Cruz wearing high heels and lip balm to look like mummy, its what girls do! Chris' Sister was 16 and a couple of days old when she got her first tattoo, so what (I dont like/agree with it, but it was safer to let her get one than saying no and having one done by some dodgy guy on a back street, especially after her friends pierced one of their navels with a screwdriver :shock: ). The place that did Mileys wouldnt have if she didnt have parents concent, it would be so high profile they would probably have to shut down.

Thats only my 2 cents and its none of my business what parents and children decided, but I highly doubt we will see tweens with tramp stamps

The one on her wrist was confirmed as temp, but I think the one below her chest is real, there's rumours she got it for a friend who passed away 3 years ago.
I think its a really lovely thing to do plus she's 17 now, thats a year older than I was when I got my first tattoo.
And her brother Trace is beautiful with his tattoos! lol even his 3 facial ones, as I do believe he's just got a new one above his eyebrow.
They're on about getting matching ones too if I'm correct.

And eeews to the navel piercing with a screwdriver, one of my friends did something like that at primary school...but with a prefect badge lol she was only 11 when she did it...I do not advise it what so ever.

-breeno-

Just me then who disagrees with this? :P

Maybe i'm wrong here, but i just don't see her as a good role model to young kids.  Quite the opposite.  We've all heard about those photos from when she was 15 (which in my opinion are completely unacceptable from anyone let alone a Disney star) and my research tells me that in the US you must be 18 to have a tattoo, Miley is 17..

You mentioned her brother too, please correct me if i'm won't but from what i know, her brother has no partnership with the Walt Disney Company, so isn't in the media spotlight as much as his sister.  We've all heard of monkey see monkey do, kids want to be just like their idols (i was the same, when i was young i used to wish i was going around Australia seeing amazing creatures like Steve Irwin), so i just fear that if Cryus carrys on with this lifestyle choice (remember, my knowledge on her is limited), then we may see more little girls wanting to go into the underage partying/clubing scene which i am 100% against.

Like i said though, i'm just being a grumpy old man here.  Now if you'll excuse me, i shall return to my rocking chair and complain about how life was better 'in the good old days' ;)
- Walt Disney

burntsienna

Quote from: "-breeno-"Like i said though, i'm just being a grumpy old man here.  Now if you'll excuse me, i shall return to my rocking chair and complain about how life was better 'in the good old days' ;)

Hahahaha! I love it! =D

No I do agree partially but I also don't think she should be made to live her life a certain way, I think its mainly the medias fault because if they hadn't published the paparazzi photos of Miley with the tattoo...then very few people would know.
With the 15 year old photos do you mean the Annie Leibovitz ones? for Vanity Fair I think it was...or was it Vogue lol
I really loved the ones she did, even the one where she was apparently 'naked'. There could have easily been a bra on under the sheet and she had a pair of jeans on too. It was done in good taste and was very artistic, in fact I even used it as inspiration for one of my own photoshoots.

Clarebelle

They are beautiful and quite tasteful pictures of her I agree

burntsienna

Quote from: "Clarebelle"They are beautiful and quite tasteful pictures of her I agree
I completely love Annie Leibovitz's work anyway, she's got such a gift for artistic work. I think because of her reputation too that's made the photos seem less distasteful to quite a lot of people.

-breeno-

No i didn't mean the Vanity Fair photos, i'm on about the (well i least thought the) infamous Myspace photos of her when she was around that age (don't know what exact age).  If you don't know what ones i'm on about dig up some old gossip websites, it's bound to be in a few of them.
- Walt Disney

burntsienna

Quote from: "-breeno-"No i didn't mean the Vanity Fair photos, i'm on about the (well i least thought the) infamous Myspace photos of her when she was around that age (don't know what exact age).  If you don't know what ones i'm on about dig up some old gossip websites, it's bound to be in a few of them.
Ooo yes I think some of those were bag when they were shown on the internet, but I also think there are plenty of girls who are that age who do similar poses, trying to act older. I'm going to sound old saying this but...I remember when I was that age (lols) there were girls doing worse than miley, but they weren't judged because they weren't famous. So in a way I think she should act somewhat according to how she wants to be perceived, she should act more aware of the fact that she's under a microscope, but then I also think she shouldn't have to act different to how she wants when its her personal life. The people I really blame are the ones that hack peoples phones and computers and get the photos simply to chip away at a person.

-breeno-

Quote from: "burntsienna"Ooo yes I think some of those were bag when they were shown on the internet, but I also think there are plenty of girls who are that age who do similar poses, trying to act older. I'm going to sound old saying this but...I remember when I was that age (lols) there were girls doing worse than miley, but they weren't judged because they weren't famous. So in a way I think she should act somewhat according to how she wants to be perceived, she should act more aware of the fact that she's under a microscope, but then I also think she shouldn't have to act different to how she wants when its her personal life. The people I really blame are the ones that hack peoples phones and computers and get the photos simply to chip away at a person.
That's true, but i guess that's the way the world is now, the paparazzi will do almost anything for an exclusive article about someone doing something they shouldn't be doing.  Celebs should be aware to this though and therefore make sure the media find out as little as possible about their private lives to avoid being in the public eye for the wrong reasons and stop topics on internet forums like this :P

Unless of course Miley is one of these celebrities who wants to always be in the media 24/7 like some celebs these days (i'm not naming names, i don't work for OK or Hello ;) )
- Walt Disney

burntsienna

Quote from: "-breeno-"That's true, but i guess that's the way the world is now, the paparazzi will do almost anything for an exclusive article about someone doing something they shouldn't be doing.  Celebs should be aware to this though and therefore make sure the media find out as little as possible about their private lives to avoid being in the public eye for the wrong reasons and stop topics on internet forums like this :P

Unless of course Miley is one of these celebrities who wants to always be in the media 24/7 like some celebs these days (i'm not naming names, i don't work for OK or Hello ;) )

Lol! people a lot like Katie Price...but...yeah I think Miley should be aware that the things she does can sometimes be seen publically, but then in situations where things are stollen from her personally that can't be helped. But if she were the one to post the photos then its completely her own fault. I reckon when its done in her private home etc with friends then its fine, but when its done publically or things are made public that could be deemed as bad then its not good at all, though only if she is the one thats made them public. Because in that sense she wouldn't be a very good role model at all.

Stitch2814

Im just glad disney are not making any more of the terrible tv show they call hannah montana, fair enough she is still a musician and everything but like Aveen, I never got the fuss over her or High school musical or the Jonas Brothers..

They for me ruin disney as a whole as they take the shine off what disney was/is as they are not disney imo.

Sorry to those who disagree with what I think but I get terribly annoyed with this side of disney.

Rorschach

Quote from: "Stitch2814"They for me ruin disney as a whole as they take the shine off what disney was/is as they are not disney imo.

Sorry to those who disagree with what I think but I get terribly annoyed with this side of disney.
=D>

Clarebelle

how?
The Mickey Mouse Club mousekatears?
the awful Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, and Christina Aguilera