Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Hype!?

Started by Epcot_Boy, July 17, 2009, 09:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epcot_Boy

I've always found the hype over Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana :wink: ) quite amusing really considering that the show is absolutely appaling (Hope the younger members of the forum can forgive me :) ) but I was recently browsing through youtube when I came across some AOL music sessions that she had done. :shock:  Well I have to admit, for an old bloke #-o , that I thought she was excellent.
Here are the music vids I found of the sessions...........and yep she's proved that us old'ns shouldn't be so quick to 'tut tut' when these youngsters come along :-"
I hope she continues to produce such fine music and..........well good luck to her =D>

[youtube:2lnmyawz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O61ekg9MZT0[/youtube:2lnmyawz]

[youtube:2lnmyawz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl_TCt9wtNE[/youtube:2lnmyawz]

[youtube:2lnmyawz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5cdQ2hc0uQ[/youtube:2lnmyawz]

David

burntsienna

I think Miley Cyrus gets a lot of stick these days and a lot of bad press. But I must say I do think she is actually a really good singer, she's grown so much from what she used to be. I personally love her Miley stuff more than her Hannah Montana stuff.
She's really good at singing live, I must say I was really shocked by how good she was live considering her age and the fact that some artists these days are really bad live.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Javey74

Well I like her..  :wink:

Apart from her brilliant singing capabilities, she has so much charisma in her speaking voice, and really makes the part of Penny from 'Bolt' so appealing..  :wink:  :D

Right on there Miley..  =D>  :D/  =D>

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Javey74"Well I like her..  :wink:

Apart from her brilliant singing capabilities, she has so much charisma in her speaking voice, and really makes the part of Penny from 'Bolt' so appealing..  :wink:  :D

Right on there Miley..  =D>  :D/  =D>

Right on there Javey... Nailing the button to the wall! and Hammering the ball into the back of the net!

Unlike her other Disney Counterparts - Miss Hudgens for example... Miley is just like Hannah is in the TV Series...

A Positive Role Model... and that may be down to her father's constant comment "Don't do a Lindsey!"

Aveen2008

I don't get the Hannah Montana hype or the HSM hype either. I have watched 1 episode of HM before and thought it wasn't good, however I can see why young children my like the show.

I do think Miley cyrus is ok, I think she's a good singer and I love the song she did with john Travola for Bolt - "I thought I lost you". I think she has a unique sounding voice, however I haven't bought any of her music.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Pete's Dragon

I'd never seeen Hannah Montana until I saw her on the Disney channel in our Sante Fe hotel room last September. Honestly, as far as family shows go I thought it was really good. The kids liked the humour (so did I) and the plot was never above their heads.
Since then I watched all the episodes. Now that Miley Ray Cyrus is heading out into the big bad musical world under her own steam, I wish her all the best

Now as for the Jonas Brothers........ :twisted:

burntsienna

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Right on there Javey... Nailing the button to the wall! and Hammering the ball into the back of the net!

Unlike her other Disney Counterparts - Miss Hudgens for example... Miley is just like Hannah is in the TV Series...

A Positive Role Model... and that may be down to her father's constant comment "Don't do a Lindsey!"
A lot of people will disagree with her being a positive role model, due to all the controversy that surrounds her on occasion.
I for one, think she's a great role model! and have defended her numerous times about her actions. People seem to forget that she's 16 now...and even though some do acknowledge that she's 16 they still think some of the things she does are too 'mature' for her age. Well to be honest they're probably really not, and things get blown out of proportion. I feel really sorry for Miley as she's under so much scrutiny when compared to some people her age she really is a saint. Plus the things she does I don't think are bad...and by things I mainly mean the apparently 'racy' photos of hers... :|

Luigi

even when i'm not a big fan, i at least like her. Great voice imo and also her show isn't so bad imo. I like the humour in it and that they don't take themselves  too seriously.

SophieD

I do like Miley, I believe like everyone has said, she does get a lot of stick from the press, but unlike a lot of Disney stars, she can sing and act.

Demi Lovato is a lot like her, she is amazing live!

[youtube:o10iyzj9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo0O7L4htho&feature=channel_page[/youtube:o10iyzj9]
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

burntsienna

Demi's voice reminds me of the lead singer in Paramore  :)

Mrs. Jennes

i love them all! whether it's demi , miley or selena.
they're all teenagers and it's fun to follow them on tv series or in real life by twitter.
the hannah montana hype with all this merch is more for smaller children.
bu i really enjoy the series :)

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

-breeno-

Well even though i'm not a fan of her at all, i do admit that she is quite a good singer, better than some of these "artists" you get in the charts these days.  There was a time i thought that in 5 or 10 years time she would be all forgot about, like the old Disney stars.  But now i'm thinking she could actually become bigger and better the older she gets.  She's probably the most famous person for her age at the moment (can you think of any more famous 16 year olds?), which is already bigger than most stars that have came from Disney, and, after walking about the shop in Studio 1 last week, i noticed that you and get nearly anything with her "Hannah Montana" wrote on it.  Miley is going to be a big(ger) star in the years to come, and i wish her all the best.

Although, when i say that, i hate all this hype about her.  Everywhere you look in DLP now is either her or HSM (another strong dislike of mine).  Also it seems the Miley Cyrus hype doesn't end at France either, anytime im in the shops uptown i'm 100% certain i'll see at least 5 Hannah Montana pieces of merchandise, no matter what shops i go in.  I just can't stand it.

Maybe the reason i feel so negative towards it all is anytime i see something to do with Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus (especially that movie) it brings back memories of when i wasn't very happy a few months back.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

MizzRabbit

Up until april I had never actually watched the show. In Denmark they syncronize it with Danish voices and that made it look even more stupid than I thought it did to begin with. I hated all the Hannah merchandise, both in DLP and other places, as well as everything that had to do with HSM. I have worked for 3½ years as a designer/editor on an online girls game, and every day they would all dissapear to go watch Hannah. I just didn't get that and thought they wee realle dense.

But then I went to DLP in april. As you know, we got sick and soent a lot of time in our room the last couple of days. So we watched the Disney channel, and decieded to give Hannah a shot, if only to laugh at how stupid it was. To our surprise it was really funny in a teenage sort of way, and we agreed that we'd been fans had it run while we were teens. Some mornings we actually had a tough time getting to the park as we had to watch the episodes before we wanted to go. We also enjoyed Wizards of Waverly Place. So now I feel completely different about it. Miley is very talented. She does overdo her acting on the show, but that's just how it is. And she has a nice voice as well as seem like a really nice and intelligent girl. So even though I'm still sick of the merchandise, I don't judge teen girls' fascination with the show anymore.

HSM on the other hand.... :shock:

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Walts heir

to be honest she is a pretty good singer but the thing is that too many kids take her as a role model but she cant live up too it but after all she is a real person and cant be perfect

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Walts heir"to be honest she is a pretty good singer but the thing is that too many kids take her as a role model but she cant live up too it but after all she is a real person and cant be perfect

As long as she can be happy :)  That's the most important thing :wink:

David