Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitch2814

simonandwendy if you ever sell any of your stitch traders let me know as I will snap them up in a heart beat :P

Eager_Eyes

SimonandWendy - just had a little look at your collection, its fab!!! Oh and you've got a pin that I've been after for a while - 7376 Phantom Manor sign - would you consider trading it with me?

Stitch2814

I really think I need to get more traders now XD hehehe

simonandwendy626

Hi we will trade with anyone as long as you have something on our wants. Have a look and let us know :lol:

Stitch2814

Quote from: "simonandwendy626"Hi we will trade with anyone as long as you have something on our wants. Have a look and let us know :lol:

hey simonandwendy would you trade pin 70516 (name tag stitch) for my pin 23755 (stitch reading the ugly duckling)??

Belle's World

Really excited as i get to go pin trading tomorrow at the disney store. I can't wait, i've already rang to make sure they ahve the charity pin left and they do so roll on tomorrow and my 6am start to get up to Leeds. Ro

Stitch2814

hope you had a great pin trading day Ro :) let us know what you were able to trade and show pictures as well hehehe

I traded for a UP UK pin on the manchester Lanyard the other day as well as the Dory pin, I dont need then but I hate asking for the lanyard and not trading lol so I still have 4 pins on my lanyard and I well in need for some more XD

Belle's World

Hi,

Really quick visit whilst on my lunch break.
I went to Leeds City Centre store on Saturday. Saw the tree for the charity pin, saw no advertisements whatsoever for the charity event. I had rung on the Friday to make sure they had some left so found it really strange. Asked at the pay desk and was told to choose cuddly toys and she pointed in a vague area so i chose Marie, Lady, Stitch and Sully. Then received my four pins and asked to trade with the lanyard which had to be bought out from out the back. I was only offered 1 lanyard so made 2 trades for Mickey pins both of which i have now discovered are scrappers. I did buy the new LE Stitch in a bubble pin and the new Christmas bag. Overall i found the Leeds store to be quite unhelpful. They have loads of charity pins left as no-one knows they are available.
Sheffield Meadowhall which i visited on the way home on Monday however was a different story. I asked to trade and the aldy who was already wearing a lanyard told me about the charity pin, then got a second lanyard out. I traded for A for Ariel, Tweedle Dee stopwatch and Cinderella's ugly stepsister pins. Then i asked to see the pin boards. They were amazing. I will tell you more when i have time.

Ro

Belle's World

Had a bit of time so thought I would write a bit more about Meadowhall. The Disney store was my first port of call, I had pin traded and was told about the Charity pin. They still had some left including one on the lanyard but the tree was absolutely covered in tags. Then I asked to look at the pin board and two were produced full of the majority of UK pins which have been released over the last year. I bought Alice with Cheshire cat dangle LE, Miss Piggy and Kermit LE 3D pin, Stitch laser blast spinner LE, Belle, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty in glittery dress and Stitch Hula pin for trading. I had thought the Miss piggy pin was an internet exclusive but when I got on pinpics it said 14 stores had the pins as well as the internet and Meadowhall is one of these stores. This also applied to the three princess pin, the pins altogether looked so good. If anyone is looking for any of the Romance series they had them all apart from Beauty and the Beast, They also have the majority of the evil spinner pins. The lady behind the till was so enthusiastic about pin trading and was willing to wait whilst I made my choices. Overall my experience was much better in Meadowhall than Leeds, it's just a shame that Leeds is the store I am able to get to more frequently. Anyway my next visit for trading will be London 5th December, where I am hoping to pick up the green alien and the Christmas bauble. I will post photos of my pins when I get the time including a picture of the pin I received from Hong Kong which is gorgeous.

Aveen2008

Hey Roanna,

sounds like you had a good and bad experience. I find it can even depend on the staff who are on that day as to weather you have a good experience or not, nevermind the stores lol. They are only supposed to trade 2 pins off the lanyard per day with guests but it doesn't really matter as long as you had a good time hehe..rules are made to be broken :P  :wink: I like when the cast are all enthusiastic and friendly!
I haven't ever heard of the pin boards being in the stores is that a board to show you all the ones avilable or is it for trading pins? :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Dorsetcandy

Belle sounds like you did ok trading!
My store sold last of charity pins today and must agree with Aveen it can vary on who's working at time u go in2 store 2how good an experience u have as many cm's don't have an interest in pins themselves/don't know much about them at mo,u cum in to Exeter when i'm wearing the cm lanyard i cud talk for hours..altho i wud get in trouble..lol :D

Stitch2814

our store (mine and lindsays) have all nice CM's and now who we are and get on great but shame there aint anything new at the moment on their lanyard :(

Aveen2008

coming up to christmas my store is so busy that no one really has time for trading so I didn't even ask to see the lanyard the last day and I know it's just going to get worse.

The staff know me too in my store but there are just some who are nicer to talk to than others, even if they aren't into pins.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

I agree Aveen, I mean some of the newer staff donr know what they are, and most the time the CM's are not wearing the lanyard and have to wait for them to find it, and then its to my amazment that its ALL UK pins on it so its a real shame I think.

Also does the belfast store have any grape soda pins left?? long shot I know but thought I would ask anyway :)

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Stitch2814"I agree Aveen, I mean some of the newer staff donr know what they are, and most the time the CM's are not wearing the lanyard and have to wait for them to find it, and then its to my amazment that its ALL UK pins on it so its a real shame I think.

Also does the belfast store have any grape soda pins left?? long shot I know but thought I would ask anyway :)

unfortunately not, i thought there would be and was going to buy a few more but they sold out there too, which is pretty surprising as theres not many people around here that are interested in pin collecting but its probably because of how the pin features in the film UP so non collectors would have probably bought it too.
Luv Aveen xoxo