Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Wonder when the new cast lanyard pins will come to the disney store. I haven't been in my disney store since like the week before I went away! :(
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

wow loving the November released esp the LE stitch pin! it looks fab and the Dory & up Core pin! Yay! Although another Tinker core pin- :roll:  check out the site! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:shock: I can't believe that that silly bottle cap pin is £7! That's surely the biggest rip-off so far. I'd never pay that amount for such a plain pin. There's no pin-on-pin or movement or anything!

In regards to the new stuff, the Stitch one looks amazing! Will surely have to pick that up on the day it's released, as Stitch is very popular. I'm annoyed that there's yet another Tink core pin on the way, but at least this one can be easily told apart from the rest!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune" :shock: I can't believe that that silly bottle cap pin is £7! That's surely the biggest rip-off so far. I'd never pay that amount for such a plain pin. There's no pin-on-pin or movement or anything!

In regards to the new stuff, the Stitch one looks amazing! Will surely have to pick that up on the day it's released, as Stitch is very popular. I'm annoyed that there's yet another Tink core pin on the way, but at least this one can be easily told apart from the rest!

I didn't even check the price! omg £7! :o  :shock:  :o  :shock:  Well I am definately not getting that!!! I agree with you about the stitch pin! :D/  

I don't think I will get the Tink core pin when it's released although I will probably end up giving in lol.

going to the Disney store tomorrow, may get one or two I haven't got her like those mickey cartoon pins and the baloo and happy core pin! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

Lol, I had been hoping that the cap pin would be cheap as I could stock up on them before DLRP incase the pin boards are out and about.

:P Core pins sometimes end up on the cast lanyards, so I'll most likely just wait and try and get Baloo that way.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune"Lol, I had been hoping that the cap pin would be cheap as I could stock up on them before DLRP incase the pin boards are out and about.

:P Core pins sometimes end up on the cast lanyards, so I'll most likely just wait and try and get Baloo that way.

hehe that's smart :D ! I can't really do that as hardly anyone trades in my local store..only 2 others and even they are rare lol! :P

Oh I sent you a pm! :wink:  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:) Only Core pin I've ever bought is the Sleeping Beauty Castle pin and the WALL-E pin. All the others (Dalmatian, Marie, Stitch, 3 other Princess Castle pins) have been traded off Cast Members.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune" :) Only Core pin I've ever bought is the Sleeping Beauty Castle pin and the WALL-E pin. All the others (Dalmatian, Marie, Stitch, 3 other Princess Castle pins) have been traded off Cast Members.

Really!! :o  Wow I would love to be trading at your store hehe! My store was supposed to be sending away for a few more trading pins so I hope they have by now, although I won't get too excited hehe! :wink:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:P Honestly, I'd rather their lanyards be full of pins from WDW/DLRP/etc instead of pins that I can easily buy. They keep sending away for new trading pins, but they get traded with store bought core pins soon after.

Clarebelle

That "silly bottle cap pin" has been a really popular design in the American parks and by the looks of things on facebook groups etc it will be popular here too, its Up so most people will have to have it!

We are loving the look of the new pins, I just can't wait to buy them! and at least this tink pin is a little more original :lol:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Masamune

I still think it's very plain though. Too plain to be classed as a £7 pin. The £7 price is meant to be reserved for series pins/pins with effects/etc. I know there's only a £2 difference between that and the £5 pins, but it just seems silly to me that they want more for that pin than they have for much nicer LE pins such as the Stitch St Paddy's pin (another popular one), the Lion King pin, the Bambi Easter pin, etc.

o-o Up has only been official released in cinemas today (or very recently), so some people won't even know what it is.

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Masamune"I still think it's very plain though. Too plain to be classed as a £7 pin. The £7 price is meant to be reserved for series pins/pins with effects/etc. I know there's only a £2 difference between that and the £5 pins, but it just seems silly to me that they want more for that pin than they have for much nicer LE pins such as the Stitch St Paddy's pin (another popular one), the Lion King pin, the Bambi Easter pin, etc.

o-o Up has only been official released in cinemas today (or very recently), so some people won't even know what it is.

well there is already quite a bit of hype around this pin,  I have never heard about the £7 price being only for series/pins with effects. LE officially are priced between £5 and £7, so that must mean the £3 are just a bargan! I just cant wait to see up

Masamune

Erm...no they weren't. ^^; St Paddy's Stitch and Easter Bambi were both £5. I should know because I bought both of them, and that's what I was charged. I still have the cards that say £5. That's also the prices listed on PinPics. o.o; I hope that doesn't mean you were over-charged when/if you bought those two pins. They were never £7.

Everywhere else prices their pins based on the effects/size/etc. The Up pin just doesn't fit the bill of what would usually be classed as the higher value LE pin. :) That's all I'm saying.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune"I still think it's very plain though. Too plain to be classed as a £7 pin. The £7 price is meant to be reserved for series pins/pins with effects/etc. I know there's only a £2 difference between that and the £5 pins, but it just seems silly to me that they want more for that pin than they have for much nicer LE pins such as the Stitch St Paddy's pin (another popular one), the Lion King pin, the Bambi Easter pin, etc.

I have to agree that the Lion king pin which was only £3 was much nicer andit was a pin on pin!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Masamune"Erm...no they weren't. ^^; St Paddy's Stitch and Easter Bambi were both £5. I should know because I bought both of them, and that's what I was charged. I still have the cards that say £5. That's also the prices listed on PinPics. o.o; I hope that doesn't mean you were over-charged when/if you bought those two pins. They were never £7.

Everywhere else prices their pins based on the effects/size/etc. The Up pin just doesn't fit the bill of what would usually be classed as the higher value LE pin. :) That's all I'm saying.

I bought them both too, infact I bought about 5 of the stitch pins lol, and I was just getting confused against the Stitch with frogs. I dont really feel the need for you to get huffy.

Maybe the pin is a smaller edition size, I havent looked at that yet