Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

Just back from another trip to our "local" Disney store :)
here are my goodies...

and we traded for this pin...

5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Masamune

:) The free cinema pin is so lovely, I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow. My local store is the Manchester one Eager_Eyes, so I'll check to see if they still have Grape pins. My mum ended up buying 2 more today, so we now have 4 between us.

The film was AMAZING. After seeing it, I'm most likely going to try and keep my Grape pin. :lol: What a turn-around eh? I'd like 2, so that I can actually sell one at some point and make some money. I'm pretty poor right now though, so may have to be content with just 1.

Aveen2008

aw cool, how do you get the free up pin? are they just in the store and are available if you ask?

Love the pin you traded for Clarebelle, i posted a pick of the lanyard and pins that you were asking about in one of the pin topics lol (cant remeber which one)

wow masamune you got more grape ones hehe!! who wears it in the film? lol
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

You have to go see Up at a Vue cinema. Then apparently you just take your cinema ticket to your nearest Disney Store and trade it for the free pin! :P There was a big advert for it in the cinema before the film even started, so I bet lots of people will be claiming their free pin.

:lol: And technically no, I still have only 1 Grape pin and my mum has 3. If they have none left tomorrow, I'll ask my mum if I can have one of hers so we have 2 each. I really want to keep one, but at the same time I might be able to either trade it for an awesome LE pin or sell it for like double/triple what I paid for it. So at least if I have 2 then I have that option.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune"You have to go see Up at a Vue cinema. Then apparently you just take your cinema ticket to your nearest Disney Store and trade it for the free pin! :P There was a big advert for it in the cinema before the film even started, so I bet lots of people will be claiming their free pin.

:lol: And technically no, I still have only 1 Grape pin and my mum has 3. If they have none left tomorrow, I'll ask my mum if I can have one of hers so we have 2 each. I really want to keep one, but at the same time I might be able to either trade it for an awesome LE pin or sell it for like double/triple what I paid for it. So at least if I have 2 then I have that option.

ah ok thanks :) .. there is no Vue cinema's in Northern Ireland..only one in Dublin (just checked)  :( ...I am guessing the northern Ireland store cannot take part in this really if there is no Vue cinema...and there is actually no disney store in the republic of ireland so thats a bit messed up lol! :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

I've just sent a little email to customer services at the Disney store uk - highlighting that it is quite unfair to rule out their northern Irish customers from having the opportunity to get the 'up' pin due to the fact there are no Vue cinema's here.

I wasn't rude or anything but I just think they should no :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

You can go see it in any vue cinema and claim your pin in any Disney store as far as I am aware :D

We actually got our pins and trading boards etc before we saw the film 8) I was having some trouble with my new car and even though we left off in good time, didnt arrive in Norwich until 2 hours later, but we went to the cinema, got our tickets and went back to the Disney Store and they let us get the pins :D (otherwise they would have run out by the next time I was able to get over) our Disney store are the best :D lol

Masamune I am so glad you enjoyed the film. I really want a Dug pin!

Masamune

Aveen, you should check if your local Disney Store actually recieved the pins, just incase. :) Maybe they'll just let people have them, if there's no way for them to get to a Vue cinema.

The film was soooooooo good Clare. :lol: I'm gonna have to start having a proper look at all the Up stuff in the Disney Store, as I think I'll be wanting some of it now. I'll be heading into town before work today to claim my cinema pin. :D Can't wait to see it in person.

Clarebelle

I agree Aveen. Your Disney store might have a different promotion on, or it might be a VUE promotion not Disney

Aveen2008

Hey guys

don't worry I'm not getting like all upset about the pin thing but I jus wanted to make an enquiry and let them know. See the Republic of Ireland is considered another country to Northern Ireland which is part of the uk so basically the Vue cinema in dublin doesn't count as one thats avilable for over here. Also disney are part of the promotion with vue and it is the disney store uk who have the deal with them kinda thing so it's not just Vue's responsibility if you know what I mean.

Anyway It really doesn't matter that much :P
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

Just checked my email. got one back from guest relations at the Disney Store saying that the deal unfortunately is not available to all disney stores etc but if I gave her my address she would send me a complimentary 'Up' pin! hehe :P that's very nice! =D>
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:D Congrats Aveen! It's such a gorgeous pin. I'm so impressed with the size of it, especially considering it was free. :o If it was a sale pin, it would probably be £5.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune" :D Congrats Aveen! It's such a gorgeous pin. I'm so impressed with the size of it, especially considering it was free. :o If it was a sale pin, it would probably be £5.

Yeah exactly I would have actually bought it if it had of been on sale. Nice of them to send me a complementary one. At the end of the day I spent thousands per year on Disney stuff so one free pin  won't hurt them hehe :P  :wink:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:P I would've happily bought it too.

Aveen2008

I am just back from seeing UP (3D)...ok so I kind of get why the Soda pin is popular although I still can't believe it's as popular as it is because it's still not that nice...its just more the meaning of it I guess.

I haven't been to the Belfast store to know if they have any of it.. I am still not sure whether I will get one now I have seen the movie but I guess either way its a good investment as masamune has said!:)

Ive just noticed the disney store website has changed and now you can't see whats going to be released. plus the current core pins of baloo and happy or not even on the site.. are they sold out already?
xxxx
Luv Aveen xoxo