Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

The Core pins wouldnt, they would just make more surley??
I emailed them on Thursday asking why they changed it, detailing my dislike for it and asking if they would introduce an upcoming pins page or if this was the end on UK pins (I know its not, but they dont know that ;) ) and still have no reply, not impressed!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

I think they have made the site far harder to navigate.. I doubt they will change it back, obviously they think it works better for the american website so it will be better for here or something! :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

oh I am under no illusion that my email will do anygood, besides changing the whole look of the website would have cost them greatly, but I does slightly irritate me how they have campaigned for pin trading to take off in the UK and onces it does so, they disreguard thier loyal customers, and cant even be bothered to send back a standard reply acknowledging reciept of an email/querie

Clarebelle

Yay we managed to get another 4 Grape Soda pins today :D

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Yay we managed to get another 4 Grape Soda pins today :D

lol you are doing well with your grape soda pins! :P  I haven't been to my "local" store yet to know if they even have any left hehe but i don't mind if they don't to be honest. The Pin trading night I went to has changed my outlook on the pins stuff.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

well we will take some to trade this year, save one or two for florida, we are going to the UK pin meet in Nov, and I will probably put one or two of them on ebay, I dont like to do it but I want to try and pay for as much as possible of our WDW holiday (we are going with Chris' sister who is a uni student and her girlfriend so we want to pay for us all to go) with "raised" money, so I am trying to "raise" a couple of hundred to put into shares and play the stock market.
We will be going to get some more probably on Tuesday.

Aveen2008

thats great. Have you booked the WDW holiday yet? I am thinking of going possibily in 2010 but not sure just yet what I am doing.

I wish the Disney store was nearer to where I live. I guess it's only about an hour away but it's a bit of hastle as I don't drive and it's the only store in the whole of ireland at the moment!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

well we have three "local" disney stores, ones 50 miles away, ones 45 miles away and the other I can only reach buy train and that takes 1 1/2 hours so none are really close

No we havent booked, I am looking to book in July when I have some money coming out of one of our investments, but Chris gets a fairly good deal through work so we can go for 3 weeks, so I also need to wait until I get my 5 years so I get extra holiday at work

Masamune

:) My local Disney Store is in my local shopping centre, which is about a 10 minute bus ride from my house. I work in the same shopping centre, so it's just around the corner from where I work. It's literally just a two minute walk away, so I feel very lucky.

Aveen2008

That is really lucky! Mine about an hour away.. or more if by bus. I lived near it for a year when I was a student and I was in there all the time lol! :wink:

I wish they would put up the upcoming pins on the website...and put back on all the pins that are actually for sale! :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

:lol: I try not to go in too much, as chances are the pins on the lanyard won't have changed much within 24 hours. I tend to go every 2-4 days. :) I'm probably gonna pop in today before work.

:( And yeah, I really hope they add the upcoming pins section soon.

Clarebelle

It took a while, but today I recieved a reply concerning my email to Guest Services
QuoteDear Guest,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I am pleased to advise that we have taken your comments on board and made changes to the design and navigation of the website that should help to address your concerns.  Pins can now be viewed as a separate sub-category, although they still sit under the broad 'Collectibles and Pins' heading.  You may also find it easier to navigate using the search bar and entering the word 'Pins' as a search term.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I hope you now find the site more easy to use.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
With kind regards,

Justin

They didnt address every point that I bought up, but its a start, and these still none of the new releases, we might just have to wait for those to turn up.

Maybe if other members of the forum emailed asking for the return of the "upcoming releases" page, they might listen to us...

Aveen2008

I just sent an email to request that the 'Upcoming releases' be returned. I also asked for them to put on the recently released pins that they have not put on the site like Happy, baloo, the mickey movie pins etc.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Belle's World

Have just been on a different forum and someone else had also sent an email asking for the upcoming pins to be put back on, the reply they got was basically sorry but we have no plans to do this. The only way will now be going into the shop and looking. This is really bad especially for the people like myself who have to travel a long way just to get to the shop, don't really want to have to do this on the off chance a pin i like may have come out.

Ro

Masamune

Although I'm not far from my local Disney Store, I still think it sucks that they've taken away the upcoming pins page. :( I used it to plan ahead in regards to what money I would be spending as well.

Ah well. On the bright side, at least the pins are always released on the website on Friday. That way at least if you see a new pin you like, you can just head down on Saturday.