Pin Trading: Disney Store UK

Started by casschr05, January 22, 2009, 09:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

Pin Event
* A ticketed event which requires pre-booking.  Each one has a unique theme with special events, exclusive pin sales and opportunities to trade pins, plus refreshments often included in the price.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/prac ... trading/#5

Masamune

@ Clare - :) I did mention that it says all prices are in British pounds. I still think that £3 is a mistake.

@ Aveen - I've never attended a Pin Trading Event, but I have attended two Pin Trading Nights at DLRP. Basically people have stalls set up with their pin collections on display. Some people have hundreds of pins to trade, meaning there's thousands of pins in the room, so it can be pretty over-whelming. There's also usually two DLRP pin boards set up. :lol: So yeah, lots of trading to be done.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune"@ Clare - :) I did mention that it says all prices are in British pounds. I still think that £3 is a mistake.

@ Aveen - I've never attended a Pin Trading Event, but I have attended two Pin Trading Nights at DLRP. Basically people have stalls set up with their pin collections on display. Some people have hundreds of pins to trade, meaning there's thousands of pins in the room, so it can be pretty over-whelming. There's also usually two DLRP pin boards set up. :lol: So yeah, lots of trading to be done.

That sounds like loads of fun and stressful to some extent. I hope that a pin trading night happens on one of the dates I am there in September!!
 [-o<  [-o<
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Well, here are a few more purchases and one trade from last night..  :mrgreen:

Firstly the LE Jafar/Snake Spinner Pin>>

Then Sorcerer Mickey>>

Now for the traded one, and of course it was Donald, now this one I really like, Donald posing as Goofy and signing his autograph..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Aveen2008

aw thanks for posting the pics Javey! great buys and trades! which store is your local disney store?

loving the Donald one you traded for, its great, I am hopefully going to do some trading tomorrow!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

went to the Disney store today.. these are the 2 pins I traded for...

I also had a very interesting find, whilst looking at the pins at the till I seen this pin on the board...

it's 3d as mickey is an add on. I said to the staff member I had never seen it before and could I buy it. They couldn't find any of it so she asked if I would mind getting the one from the board, I said no and asked how much it was, she said it was £7 as it was limited edition- which is it LE 1000...but she gave it for 6 as there was no cardboard back for it which was great. It is a disney store pin and it's dated 2008!! Edit: just found it on pinpics http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi? ... 1244996489

I also just bought this core Tinkerbell pin...

I also bought an extra lanyard and 2 more Limited edition Lady and the Tramp pins, one for my mum and one for future trading.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

By looking on pinpics I realised I also have this pin from the same Europeon disney store releases 2008..

limited edition of 500!!

as well as the Squirt pin.
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"aw thanks for posting the pics Javey! great buys and trades! which store is your local disney store?

loving the Donald one you traded for, its great, I am hopefully going to do some trading tomorrow!
Hi Aveen, my local Disney Store is the Gatehead MetroCentre branch, I've really got to know a couple of the CMs in there, really nice and helpful..  :wink:  :D

By the way I love the POTC hat pin with Mickey ears..  :wink: The Mickey in the Cast Member Jacket is really popular now for some reason, and the Disney Rabble Pin is a must..  :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing your pics Aveen..  :D

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "Aveen2008"aw thanks for posting the pics Javey! great buys and trades! which store is your local disney store?

Hi Aveen, my local Disney Store is the Gatehead MetroCentre branch, I've really got to know a couple of the CMs in there, really nice and helpful..  :wink:  :D

By the way I love the POTC hat pin with Mickey ears..  :wink: The Mickey in the Cast Member Jacket is really popular now for some reason, and the Disney Rabble Pin is a must..  :mrgreen:

whats a rabble pin?? lol

Because of the pin trading I am getting to know the Cast members better in my local store which is great! :D  Thing is though the pin trading thing hasnt caught on yet in the Belfast store so the lanyards aren't getting refreshed with other people's pins...just mine so far  :P ..hopefully it pics up a bit :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Javey74

Quote from: "Aveen2008"
Quote from: "Javey74"

whats a rabble pin?? lol

Because of the pin trading I am getting to know the Cast members better in my local store which is great! :D  Thing is though the pin trading thing hasnt caught on yet in the Belfast store so the lanyards aren't getting refreshed with other people's pins...just mine so far  :P ..hopefully it pics up a bit :D
A Rabble Pin is just a pin with Disney Classic Characters featured altogether..  :mrgreen:

Snow_White_Girl

I bought the Little Mermaid Romance Series pin today, very dangerous as I will now end up paying over the odds on eBay for the sold-out ones in the series, but ho hum! The CM in the Trafford Centre store said trading is going really well there, she actually had no CM pins left on her lanyard! :shock: She said she thought they'd be getting more soon though  :D

\":lamp:\"

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"I bought the Little Mermaid Romance Series pin today, very dangerous as I will now end up paying over the odds on eBay for the sold-out ones in the series, but ho hum! The CM in the Trafford Centre store said trading is going really well there, she actually had no CM pins left on her lanyard! :shock: She said she thought they'd be getting more soon though  :D

As far as I know all the Romance pins are still avilable in my local store in Belfast as there are few people very into it all.. if you wanted to send me the money I could buy them for you at their orignal price

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

yay can't believe the Lion King pin is £3.00!! :o  :o  :shock: I'll definately be buying more than one!

I really hope my store has it in tomorrow! :D

//http://disneystore-shopping.disney.co.uk/35983/product.aspx

Also see the Romance Snow white pin is being released in July as is a very cute donald duck pin! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Masamune

@ Aveen - :( Aren't you annoyed at all by the fact that they overcharged you for this pin?

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi? ... 1244996489

It says that it was only £5, so the fact that they sold it to you for £6 without a card seems very unfair.

:) I went and bought 2 Lion King pins today and the Madam Mim one. The Mim one is awesome, but once again it's sized differently to the other pins in the series. The Mim one is slightly bigger than the Evil Queen and Jafar ones, and the Maleficent one looks even smaller when compared with the Mim one. For some reason the size difference in certain sets really bothers me. For a series to be a series, I think they should all be around the same size.

Ah well. :D The Lion King pin is gorgeous for £3. I bought one to keep and one to possibly sell later on down the line, since I reckon this one will be a hot seller. I'll most likely buy two more to take with me next time I go to DLRP, as I'm running out of LE pins for trading.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Masamune"@ Aveen - :( Aren't you annoyed at all by the fact that they overcharged you for this pin?

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi? ... 1244996489

It says that it was only £5, so the fact that they sold it to you for £6 without a card seems very unfair.

:) I went and bought 2 Lion King pins today and the Madam Mim one. The Mim one is awesome, but once again it's sized differently to the other pins in the series. The Mim one is slightly bigger than the Evil Queen and Jafar ones, and the Maleficent one looks even smaller when compared with the Mim one. For some reason the size difference in certain sets really bothers me. For a series to be a series, I think they should all be around the same size.

Ah well. :D The Lion King pin is gorgeous for £3. I bought one to keep and one to possibly sell later on down the line, since I reckon this one will be a hot seller. I'll most likely buy two more to take with me next time I go to DLRP, as I'm running out of LE pins for trading.

Hey no it doesn't bother me that I was overcharged by £1 cus you can't buy the pin anymore anyway and if i was going to get it on ebay I would probably have to pay that or much more! I dont keep my pins on their cards so not having the card doesn't matter to me too much lol :D

I bought 3 of the Lion King pin today, 1 for me 2 for trading in paris next time i go (sep) i may even get one or two more on the next trip..

i also traded pins for the goofy gift box cast member pin and one of the mickey (cast uniform) cast lanyard pins. I now have all of the gift box pins. Also bought 3 core pins i didn't have which was a simple mickey pin, mickey sorcerer pin and the flying tinkerbell pin!:) wasn't too fused on the minnie and house pin as it seemed a little bare looking for £7 and i wasn't too fussed on madame mim.
Luv Aveen xoxo