It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Yes, it sadly seems the Disney we all fell in love with is either sleeping or dying. When you look at the entertainment on offer at DL, WDW, DLP OR TDL, they have very much lost their way.
since 2001 (many before that)

15MagicalYears

I think Disney is just trying to keep up to date, and be "cool". But they need to wake up and realise that that is not what it is all about. Disneyland should be timeless and should be completely immune to the outside world, which means no 'Miley Cyrus' being blasted throughout the park while Mickey in shorts and Minnie in a cheerleaders outfit dance. Not atall what Walt immagined.

MagicStar

QuoteOooh, snazzy costumes 8)

... and cute dancers  :mrgreen:
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"Although the reason I post this here is because California seems to have a massively better idea of how to do casual/modern style costumes for dancers. Paris immediately jumps to an embarrassing retro-camp style, but this kind of chic-camp - colourful shirt, sleeveless jumper with sequins and a loose tie - is much better, maybe more Parisian...

That's my look for Teaching... Someone's nicked my look!... Although I do the tie up properly. You've got to look the part in my profession... Wonder where they got that particular sweater vest from and where I can get some more short of having Wendybird1 knit it for me!

Masamune

:lol: You would totally be my fave teacher Pan if you turned up to class dressed like that.

experiment627

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I think Disney is just trying to keep up to date, and be "cool". But they need to wake up and realise that that is not what it is all about. Disneyland should be timeless and should be completely immune to the outside world, which means no 'Miley Cyrus' being blasted throughout the park while Mickey in shorts and Minnie in a cheerleaders outfit dance. Not atall what Walt immagined.

Considering that Walt's Mouseketeers from the Mickey Mouse Club and especially Annette Funicello (the 1950's Miley Cyrus, if you will...) were very present at Disneyland in its first few years, I would tend to disagree with the statement above...

luke85

Quote from: "Captain Pan"
Quote from: "Anthony"Although the reason I post this here is because California seems to have a massively better idea of how to do casual/modern style costumes for dancers. Paris immediately jumps to an embarrassing retro-camp style, but this kind of chic-camp - colourful shirt, sleeveless jumper with sequins and a loose tie - is much better, maybe more Parisian...

That's my look for Teaching... Someone's nicked my look!... Although I do the tie up properly. You've got to look the part in my profession... Wonder where they got that particular sweater vest from and where I can get some more short of having Wendybird1 knit it for me!

What an awful costume! Looks like something made in a GCSE textile class!

MizzRabbit

I don't think the Mickey's Magical Party theme would have been launched without it being thoroughly tested. I just think we're more critical because we're fans on an entirely different level than the core target group which is families with children. To them this theme is probably awsome and festive and so are the costumes etc.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Javey74

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"I don't think the Mickey's Magical Party theme would have been launched without it being thoroughly tested. I just think we're more critical because we're fans on an entirely different level than the core target group which is families with children. To them this theme is probably awsome and festive and so are the costumes etc.
This comment is spot on in my opinion, I really think it sums up the reasoning behind many of DLRP's ideas in a nutshell.  We are few against millions at the end of the day..  :roll:

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "MizzRabbit"I don't think the Mickey's Magical Party theme would have been launched without it being thoroughly tested. I just think we're more critical because we're fans on an entirely different level than the core target group which is families with children. To them this theme is probably awsome and festive and so are the costumes etc.
This comment is spot on in my opinion, I really think it sums up the reasoning behind many of DLRP's ideas in a nutshell.  We are few against millions at the end of the day..  :roll:

=D>  =D>  =D>  well said! Sad but true!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Kris

So we DID get flowers after all :)

Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"I don't think the Mickey's Magical Party theme would have been launched without it being thoroughly tested. I just think we're more critical because we're fans on an entirely different level than the core target group which is families with children.

No that's not true.  There has been a marketing research at the end of 2007 in which people all over Europe were phoned and 5 themes were explained.  MMP "won" by 30% of the votes.  Small detail, the concept that was proposed for MMP back then had 5 different shows in each land, with Dance Time with Mickey and Friends being a grand Disney show in front of the Castle with fireworks, more characters and puppeteers.

MizzRabbit

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "MizzRabbit"I don't think the Mickey's Magical Party theme would have been launched without it being thoroughly tested. I just think we're more critical because we're fans on an entirely different level than the core target group which is families with children.

No that's not true.  There has been a marketing research at the end of 2007 in which people all over Europe were phoned and 5 themes were explained.  MMP "won" by 30% of the votes.  Small detail, the concept that was proposed for MMP back then had 5 different shows in each land, with Dance Time with Mickey and Friends being a grand Disney show in front of the Castle with fireworks, more characters and puppeteers.

Well, I still think we're more critical. We analyze the themes, shows, parades etc. on a much more detailed level than standard park goers. According to my project research people don't really care about the theme and shows as much as for instance the price offers that go with it. Maybe it depends on what part of Europe you're in, but in Scandinavia it seems it's the family experience, meeting the characters, as well as getting a good deal on the price that matters. Well, just my opinion.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Magicalmouse125

Quote from: "Kris"So we DID get flowers after all :)

Great photo and we did get flowers, and are those really cool lighting towers staying up. i kinda like them!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

RnRCj

Great to see the flowers return! I must admit - with the stage, the bushes, the flowers; Central Plaza does actually look *okay*. :lol: Obviously all the lighting rigs and giant Mickey things (etc.) are a load of poo though!

I don't understand why DLRP ask their target audience what they want to see at the resort. I mean, what do the general public know about theme parks? :roll: They don't care - they just want to have a good family holiday. Disney should be creating what they want to create in their parks. You didn't see Walt going round asking people what should go in the original Disneyland - he put his own ideas into his park. And it was those ideas that made Disneyland so great. That's what the Disney of today should be doing; dreaming up their own amazing things and making them reality.

Just asking what the public would want is stupid because they don't want much really. Disney should be giving people MORE than they expect! :mrgreen: