It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Quoteso they have to give their customers what they want.

But that does not explain why people don't stick around for the shows, don't dance along, don't sing along and even don't do the wave, which isn't the hardest thing to do...

One of the problem with MMP is that the creators of the shows clearly did not learn their lesson from DLRP's entertainment past.  It has been proved in previous shows that it's really hard for the entertainers in our shows to motivate people to dance, most of the times even clap along with a certain choreography.  

QuoteThe opening number is awesome, with the ribbons and all!
Very impressive Dlrp. ;)

I agree on that, that instrumental tune of "It's Mickey's Magical Party Time" is really cool.

zanderstarz

just a little update....

the ugly cheap looking statue has gone for good, it was only used for the press event.

as you probably know, the projection screen and lights have all gone too.

also...mickeys costume (the one that lights up) has departed, as it was only in use for the press event. the new costume is silver sequins.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

id@53

Quoteso they have to give their customers what they want.
Quote from: "Kristof"But that does not explain why people don't stick around for the shows, don't dance along, don't sing along and even don't do the wave, which isn't the hardest thing to do...
Market research will only tell you what the interviewee is thinking at that point in time and it won't tell you how they'll react when something becomes a reality. In my opinion, language, climate and cultural differences (not necessarily in that order) can explain that.

Like it or not, MMP (and all that goes with it including It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends) is a commercially led business decision because the real issue is that DLRP are really going to struggle to balance income with expenditure over the next couple of years. I know that the parks have been busier than ever over the last couple of years but they've been discounting heavily in order to entice people along (kids stay and play free, 40% OFF, extra day and night free, discounts on annual passes, etc.) in what is a very competitive market.  They therefore needed a new, cost effective, theme to get people to return to the park so that they could create and sell a new range of merchandise.
\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

TowMater

I don't think the show is that bad so by those recent posts is that big Mickey Head next to the castle is no more?
Please say yes!
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

15MagicalYears

Yes, the big Mickey head is gone. It was a projection screen for the press event.
And I'm glad the light up suit Mickey has is gone, it was hideous! But silver sequins isn't enough. I really want it to be colourful.

Has anyone else been dissapointed by the mass amount of smoke for Mickey  :roll: . It's too much like stitch is landing. I was imagining it to be a lil' bit of Smoke and lots of streamers and confetti. Plus, with such a dull suit, Mickey just fades into the smoke. It isn't a great appearance.

Willow

There is a lot of smoke to hide Mickey appearing from the lift. He's meant to magically appear, not slowly appear from the floor. I think it works well.

Magicalmouse125

So, the cool spider revoving lights are gone, the press towers are gone, the screen is gone as is Mickey's costume oh and wait so is the hideous oval decoration, any news on wheter the curly wurly mickey statues are going. Why spend all that money on just a press event for a not so important event!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

jennytablina

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"And yet it is ironic that Disneyland, the park in California that I hold aloft often as a halmark of quality has gotten it soooooo wrong this year - the new Celebrate event and the toons in IASW!   :roll:  :evil:

Wish people wouldn't laud Disneyland as the Disney park that does no wrong because it was the only one Walt saw much of in his lifetime

I know Disneyland is known for having a great atmosphere but its got as many pros and cons as the other parks and Walt wasn't just some selfless guy who never used Disneyland for extra revenues ever. There was plenty sponsorship from the getgo and they were not above advertising their own products too: though at the time of DL's opening the big thing was the live action westerns and such on the Disneyland TV show. I'm pretty sure toons wouldn't of been something Disney hated to see in the parks (he may of reconsidered how meet and greets should of been done but yeah)

Also a shame all the decorative bits are being taken down: the projections looked nice (and I kind of liked the suit  :-" )
Going back to Join Mickeys Party! ]

Previous Disney trips:
WDW: 98, 99, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
DLP: 2005 (Surprise 16th Birthday trip!)

15MagicalYears

I know Mickey appears magicly but all I'm saying is some streamers and confetti would be more magical, would make it look like a magical appearance rather than a space landing  :lol:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "zanderstarz"just a little update....

the ugly cheap looking statue has gone for good, it was only used for the press event.

as you probably know, the projection screen and lights have all gone too.

also...mickeys costume (the one that lights up) has departed, as it was only in use for the press event. the new costume is silver sequins.

That's a hell of a lot of money to blow on a press event :roll:

Thanks for the confirmation Zanderstarz :)

zanderstarz

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"I know Mickey appears magicly but all I'm saying is some streamers and confetti would be more magical, would make it look like a magical appearance rather than a space landing  :lol:

ummm have you seen the number of streamers they use in this show...actually...in this company?? how many more do you want! plus, they're terrible for the environment too.

although i agree...visually, they're very pretty and it would look more magical.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Kristof

I still don't understand why they don't use streamers made of recycled paper?!!!  It's also a silly sight to see a whole bunch of tech's get on the stage and fill every hole with new streamers...

id@53

Quote from: "Magicalmouse125"Why spend all that money on just a press event for a not so important event!
Not so important for who or what? If you mean for the Park, then its vitally important because its all that fancy press footage that the public will see and more importantly their pestering kids will see and they'll say "That looks cool, can we go there mom/dad". And when they get there and there are no spinning lights and Mickey's suit doesn't light up are the kids going to be disappointed - NO, because those shows are only one of many attractions and their overriding experience will be a happy one.

If on the other hand you mean not so important for the relatively small number (small by comparison with the total number of visitors required to fund the ongoing operations of the park) of DLRP fans who have a romantic idea of how the park used to be or how Walt wanted it to be then I'm sorry, but a business with approximately US$2 billion in debt (that's not a typo, I did mean billion) won't have those people high up its list of ultimate priorities.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a hugh DLRP fan. I'm also a realist and for the forseeable future, DLRP needs to get hugh numbers of people through it's gates and they'll do what they have to do to make it happen.
\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

Willow

On a side note, has anyone actually seen press footage in the public domain?
I can't remember seeing any footage of the 15th event and only very little footage of the TOT event.

Kris

For you Willow:

[youtube:14f8ystj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6jdL1Kc6nk[/youtube:14f8ystj]

It covers the essential elements of the evevent I guess. They really did put on a professional show this time around!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!