It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Its looks definately more expensive than the 15th stage and that was around for 2 years.
Would they ditch a more expensive stage after 1 year? I wouldn't think they would.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Willow"Its looks definately more expensive than the 15th stage and that was around for 2 years.
Would they ditch a more expensive stage after 1 year? I wouldn't think they would.

With how grand it looks... I'd think not... and I dare predict that it could stand around for 3 years... remaining as a centre piece for shows right to and through the 20th Anniversary.

Every time I get to look at it... I keep thinking how it transforms the castle in some way... from the Angle of the latest photo Kristof posted it looks as though behind that "wall" there is a town just like the days of Motte and Bayley Castles and the Old Square Stone Keeps of Medevil England.

Riebi

Quote from: "Captain Pan"from the Angle of the latest photo Kristof posted it looks as though behind that "wall" there is a town just like the days of Motte and Bayley Castles and the Old Square Stone Keeps of Medevil England.

That´s what I don´t like. It looks like a huge medevil wall. In a very MK WDW way. Where is my castle on top of some rocks and green? Where are some flowers, some gardens and all that special DLP landscaping stuff. Why do they transform central plaza into this bare and grey MK Fantasyland structure I hate so.

Yes they´ve done their job well. It´s not a cheap looking stage...but with the not restored castle in the background, a fading tree over at adventurland and a now really ugly alice labyrinth in mind I ask myself why they spend all this money to block my view without simple using again the castle stage and restoring their assets. And for the show: This poor "I teach you how to clap!"-show from the videos doesn´t need such a big stage. Do they think masses of people want to learn clapping five time a day??? summarised this stage is bootless for me. Not much more than a big concrete structure.

The only little sign of hope for me is that they have noooo decorations at the castle (yes I loved the 15. decorations but decorations there are a birthday thing for me. One year and then you are sad that they gone again.) and that they bush is back! Horray for the bush!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Magicalmouse125

I really like the new stage. it is much lower down than the first one. From the front angle i just want to climb up on it and start dancing :lol: . It looks fun with the ramps and stairs. I love it!!!!!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Kris

I'm still a little concerned about the format of the show. The music will either be way too grand and showbizzy, or a repetative dancey track with little substance. The mixture of the two just wont mix. I'm only hopeful of the bit leading up to and including Baloo  [-o< Whatever happens, I'm sure it's more something for the kids

It's also crazy that I can't visualise 40 performers and a big show like this in Paris :P Just not used to it here. I am glad that they took the time to create their own soundtrack this time and of course there's the original composition for the event too. Are they planning to host this show doing the day or evening for the press launch? I'm sure added lighting and fireworks really would add a lot - but I always say that :)
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

The Butlin Boy

Oooo look, it lights up as well :P

Source: Mouetto on Disney Central Plaza Forums

Javey74

Well I like it, it looks really smart, and may I add simple at the same time.  It really does blend into being somehow part of the Castle, well at least from a lot of the angles already shown.  I must admit seeing the construction fences whilst I was there in February I could see little bits of the work happening, well if you got high enough around the park.  I mainly remember netting sticking up around the central part of the stage, which puzzled me as to what they were actually doing.  But looking at it, whatever they were doing at the time, it was well worth it... :D/  :D/  :D/

The Castle also looks splendid at the same time..  :wink:  :D

15MagicalYears

That is .....  lovely  :lol:
Realy grand looking.  8)

Kris

Very cool. Love it :) So how are they lighting the show. We get a lavish new stage. Are those strange lighting stands staying or are extra things happening? Obviously planning for nighttime performances :)
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Magicalmouse125

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Oooo look, it lights up as well :P

Source: Mouetto on Disney Central Plaza Forums
This picture just looks magical and would inspire me to visit the park during MMP without hearing whats was going on.

The castle looks great, the stage looks so regal and elegant and it lights up how great!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Javey74

Come to think of it, DLRP have always had a thing for red carpets and yellow edging in front of the Castle.  Most of the official Websites used it for years.  :wink:

Some Examples of DLRP's use of Red and Gold>>

15MagicalYears

Can i just ask what they were thinking with the broshure covers  :shock:
The characters, all fake and they don't look atall like they would in the parks.

Anthony

Quote from: "Javey74"Come to think of it, DLRP have always had a thing for red carpets and yellow edging in front of the Castle.  Most of the official Websites used it for years.  :wink:
The red carpet was the theme/emblem of the 15th Anniversary, that's why. I guess when they were designing the stage they just remembered it looked good.

Not too keen on the lights myself, but they're probably just to stop characters falling off.

I still hope there's some extra colour - flowers, balloons, something - yet to be added around the stage. Looking like a giant fortress in front of the Castle isn't a good thing. Let the gardeners get to work!

Javey74

Quote from: "Anthony"Not too keen on the lights myself, but they're probably just to stop characters falling off.
Eeeee, sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at that remark, you see I've got a very vivid Imagination... :lol:  :mrgreen:

EDIT: Sorry didn't realise it was such a big issue of late..  :shock:  :o

Anthony

Well Javey, I was being deadly serious. The dangers of costumed characters falling off oversized hub stages are in all the headlines in Toon Town right now. It's a big issue.

The old stage had lights around the top too. :wink: