It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfy74

im left confused, i think it will be great when its done on the stage, just , i dont know the preview could have whooped me up a bit more

Handy Andy

Quote from: "smurfy74"im left confused, i think it will be great when its done on the stage, just , i dont know the preview could have whooped me up a bit more

That pretty much sums it up for me. Once the routines are polished up a little and we can view it live in the proper setting, I'm sure it's going to be really good.
Magical Wishes
Andy

Patrick

Hmm, that looks rather rubbish, when did we go back in time to the 80's :roll: .  The costumes are definately very strange combinations for a park where rain is majorly an issue with outdoor shows, white trousers :lol: .  Also what exactly is not obvious, is why hundreds of people will start dancing around central plaza, and what exactly the storyline is.  This turning into the year of cheap fixes to shows that were not broken. :?

bigrossco

I know that I would not get dancing in Central Plaza durring the show for sure, I think the dancing n stuff is much more aimed at the children than the adults lol
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "bigrossco"I know that I would not get dancing in Central Plaza durring the show for sure, I think the dancing n stuff is much more aimed at the children than the adults lol

I remember when Disney would just simply entertain, aimed at all.
since 2001 (many before that)

Captain Pan

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "bigrossco"I know that I would not get dancing in Central Plaza durring the show for sure, I think the dancing n stuff is much more aimed at the children than the adults lol

I remember when Disney would just simply entertain, aimed at all.

Some people may think that Disney have forgotten the words of the man himself...
Quote"Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Quote"Adults are interested if you don't play down to the little 2 or 3 year olds or talk down. I don't believe in talking down to children. I don't believe in talking down to any certain segment. I like to kind of just talk in a general way to the audience. Children are always reaching."

I on the other hand... Think that we're some what over critical: and would even like to remind people of this
Quote"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."

If the parks get the foot traffic and the foot traffic goes away happy... I think people would class it as a Win!

Lets see what presents itself on April 4th, and pass judgement then not on the previews of extract where the entire performance isn't the polished perfection that we expect

davewasbaloo

Captain Pan, we are both on the same page. Perhaps my annoyance is somewhat misguided. Perhaps I am truly annoyed at what has happened to our OK, Take a Break, Reality Show celeb culture of ignorami.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Captain Pan, we are both on the same page. Perhaps my annoyance is somewhat misguided. Perhaps I am truly annoyed at what has happened to our OK, Take a Break, Reality Show celeb culture of ignorami.

You forgot Heat, the true Devil in Disguise :evil:

Kristof

Well... the construction fences have come down!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1406/335 ... f4c4_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1054/335 ... 2438_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1141/335 ... 25ef_o.jpg

Source: Maureen on Disney Central Plaza

PS. Castle looks amazing!

ford prefect

I think the whole thing looks great, the stage is sympathetically themed, and works well!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Captain Pan

From the later two angles it looks like the Empire has expanded...

Massive battlements keeping fantasy safe..

Great Find Kristof... Nice Update!

Its looking splendid!

DLP-Photos.com

This actually looks really great - I really like that they have themed the stage so it actually just looks like an "extension" of the castle.  =D>

Thanks for the pics Kristof
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

TowMater

The stage is great, Low so people doesn't have to look up and have their necks aching just like the 15th stage.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

davewasbaloo

Does anyone else here wish they had used the time and money to paint the castle and restore the hub instead?

RnRCj

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Does anyone else here wish they had used the time and money to paint the castle and restore the hub instead?

Oh yes - definitely! Although I think the stage does look quite good, restoring the hub would have been much better. They should've used the castle stage for this really.