It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Agreed. And I will admit, the stage does look quite good, and certainly better than the 15th stage, no doubt.
since 2001 (many before that)

jennytablina

The castle looks fine. Maybe the hub could do with a fix up (though I cant see the hub in these pictures, maybe it was fixed along with the stage set up?)  but the castles looking lovely with the gold highlights.

Nice to see it isn't too high up as well, hope that means a little more audience/character interaction during the show and better visibility(WDW's castle stage is huge, get too close and you'll miss half the show)
Going back to Join Mickeys Party! ]

Previous Disney trips:
WDW: 98, 99, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
DLP: 2005 (Surprise 16th Birthday trip!)

The Butlin Boy

The new stage looks great, a lot better than the 15th one. I love how it fits in with the look of the Castle. :mrgreen:

However, I've got a feeling that the folks down at DLRP will like it a lot too, and that we'll see it for quite some time... :roll:

Riebi

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Does anyone else here wish they had used the time and money to paint the castle and restore the hub instead?

Here! Here! I can´t believe that they put this enormous thing at the middle of central plaza. Why not give simply the castle the old glory back and have a nice hub where you want to sit around and just watch the landscape.

I mean yes, the stage match the castle structure but...why destroying the landscape-ideas behind DLP by constructing such a huge concrete-like structure on a place where normaly flowers should be. Hope they will destruct it next year.

A restored hub and a restored castle would be my wish number one!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Elwell2009

Wow really looks gd, i think its looks gd against the castle being lower. very gd just gotta see wats on it now lol  :D

Magicalmouse125

OMG. The stage looks fantastic in my opinion. and it's huge. I'm really pleased that after so long we have a nice looking stage. Is it as big as the 15th stage or not? :D  :D
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Kris

It's looking great. With a bit of weathering, the stage will fit in a treat, but too bad it looks like we lost some trees afterall. What's the harm of having some flowers instead of those lawns btw? Would set it all off wonderfully :(
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Willow

I knew that the stage would suit Central Plaza. I'm glad that the original idea of making it look like the castle has come off.

littlemermaid83

I really like it, the stage looks massive compared to the 15th stage.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

15MagicalYears

The stage looks fantastic, really good the only problem is I don't like the show thats going to be 'staged' on it  :cry:

Kristof

QuoteDoes anyone else here wish they had used the time and money to paint the castle and restore the hub instead?

Definitely!

I still don't like the idea of having a stage on Central Plaza, but that said, I'm glad it looks much better than that Tupperware thing they had for the 15th.   The new stage doesn't stand out as much, and even seems to blend in with the Castle from a distance.

PS. The bush on the balcony has returned.

Photo: Lynxmag?c

Captain Pan

From that Angle.... The Castle and Stage look more impressive

They look better than many great double acts.

There's something about the castle now which connotes strength and Power, and I dare say from the pictures makes it look more impressive than those at other resorts

Aveen2008

wow don't know what to say about the stage, it's a lot wider than I imagined it would be! The stone work is lovely coloured and does fit in with the castle as intended. I just don't know if I like it or not, I think I would have to see it in real life. I am so glad to see the castle restored to normal!! The 15th was great but I was there 4 times during the 2 years and I am glad it's finally over and that DLRP is moving onto a new phase!

I think apart from being very wide the new stage will be good...like everything it just takes a bit of getting used to!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Captain Pan"From that Angle.... The Castle and Stage look more impressive

They look better than many great double acts.

There's something about the castle now which connotes strength and Power, and I dare say from the pictures makes it look more impressive than those at other resorts

Yeah I agree with you Captain Pan, the red of the stage makes it look like red steps leading upto the castle entrance from a far. I think the more I look at the photo the more I like it! :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Anthony

The stage looks top quality. Seriously brilliant considering what we saw them build it out of. The red floor really sets it off nicely, and I love how the "satellite" stages are quite a bit lower down. It'd have been awful otherwise. But...

Quote from: "Kris"It's looking great. With a bit of weathering, the stage will fit in a treat, but too bad it looks like we lost some trees afterall. What's the harm of having some flowers instead of those lawns btw? Would set it all off wonderfully :(
Yes... I'm hoping this is yet to come. For the 15th Anniversary they did some truly spectacular gardens at Central Plaza and particularly Town Square. Add some colourful (orange, red?) flowers and some medium sized shrubs to the grass areas and it'll look great. At the moment it's slightly too barren.

Quote from: "Kristof"PS. The bush on the balcony has returned.
Double hurrah!! :D/

It's going to be so interesting seeing how they use this new stage for Halloween and Christmas. Looking at it I'd agree too that I can't believe they'd only keep it for a single year, but at the same time I'm not sure what else they could use it for unless they mastermind another slightly generic show for 2010 too.

Oh, and another edit: the castle looks SPECTACULAR and huge! It's easy to forget how big our château is when it's being dwarfed by oversized (pretty, but oversized) character statues..