It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

A special preview of It's Party Time was also given at this week's travel company/partners event (which is where Kristof is, so there may be better photos/videos soon):

The build-up seems to involve a lot of dance move practice...

[dailymotion:309f0klt]x8kbpz[/dailymotion:309f0klt]

And then Mickey arrives for the main song, along with the characters mentioned earlier...

[dailymotion:309f0klt]x8kc7x[/dailymotion:309f0klt]

I guess the real version will be quite a bit different, but it gives a general idea. The costumes for the dancers are the same as in the advert.

It's all very Minnie's Birthday Surprise circa 2002... don't you think? :?

Jens

It looks... Complicated... But fun for the kids!

Looking at the dance, I wonder why they just didn't stick with the couples (Timon & Rafiki, Baloo & King Louie, etc.)? The characters introduced are all so random and I would -for example- rather see Baloo & King Louie dance on "The Bare Necessities" than Baloo & Goofy (or maybe that'll not be featured in the final show?).

I hope there won't be an annoying host again like in these videos. Hopefully they will just let the characters speak and not some random guy! It does remind me of Minnie's Birthday Party, indeed, Anthony!

Magicalmouse125

I've certainly got very mixed feelings about this preveiw. it seems very based on the whole dance idea and i've never really liked shows where they show dance moves. i prefer disney shows with a story!
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Kris

I'm really surprised and impressed! Firstly... NEW MUSIC! OK, people said it was coming, but we never seem to get a performance of anything with a COMPLETELY new score. There's about 20minutes they could still let me down on :P The 'pre-show' music is almost rousing

The dancing looks too complex for kids to pick up. That guy talking over the good music is getting on my nerves already, but I did get a Disney tingle during both videos. Can't wait for the rest. Funnily I had seen this show as almost echoing Minnie's Birthday Surprise, but that was more down to reusing music from it. I'm keeping my mind open about the rest of the show. It just needs simplifying if anything
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

RnRCj

It makes me cringe to think we'll be hearing this blasting out over Central Plaza five times a day...

littlemermaid83

Ok dont like the first part of the show, but when Mickey comes in it gets better...i like it, very catchy and i think the kids are going to love it.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

bigrossco

thats it im gona complain to my travel company I work for for not letting me go lol

looks good tho!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Agent Lex

Very well synchronised with the music, you gotta give it that. For example, the bulk of characters arrived onstage during that bridge part, which would have been difficult to dance to anyway.

I agree that the moves are a bit complex for kids, especially the new parts introduced with the song. That said, they do go through the basic steps enough times for everyone to pick up, I think.

MagicKenny

Pictures of Mickey's new costume.

Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

Kris

Oh dear god. What HAVE they done? I could make something better than that.

Why couldn't they have bright LEDs embedded in the costume - if they had to include lights for a predominately 'daytime' show anyway
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Agent Lex

The front isn't too bad (still bad though). But the back... that's terrible! URGH! ](*,)

Kristof

QuotePictures of Mickey's new costume.

And even better, here's a video of the costume's animation!  I'm currently uploading a HQ video of the full It's Party Time preview show as well.

[dailymotion:1m2vx3vk]x8knbu[/dailymotion:1m2vx3vk]

Elwell2009

Well i wasent sure about the outfit from the pics but seeing the video and it showing how it looks when the lights aint on, i think the lights just look like stitched piping on the jacket and i dont think its to bad at all.

Anthony

Thanks Kristof! :)

It definitely looks better animated, and you don't notice the lights when they're not illuminated, but that's not to say it doesn't still look rather garish and unnecessary. A fully-white costume on Mickey Mouse looks a bit.. eurgh.

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the video Kristof. The costume certainly looks a lot more impressive in the video than it does in the pictures; it's actually very impressive =D>

BTW, I'm looking forward to your other videos Kristof :wink: