It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Its in keeping with the look of the Castle. I'd be happy to see it stay permanently,

Its similar to the WDW Castle stage, their stage also looks very natural and complements the surrounding area well.

RnRCj

Although I would choose the original flowers for central plaza anyday, the stage does look okay so far! One of the very few things that could be good about MMP.

Now I hope it's not permanent!

The Butlin Boy

I'm liking what I am seeing so far. I like how in keeping it is with the castle. It may not be that bad after all :wink:

Magicalmouse125

Looking better every time. You can see the kind of scaffolding underneath so it won't be a permenent structure. Good to see it's in keeping with the castle. un like the 15th stage which was wooden with lots of 15's every where. Still loved that stage but it was always too high for me.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

davewasbaloo

This really looks awful, an abomination. I miss the benches and flowers of the hub. Not to mention it blocks the view of the castle for little ones. Terrible.
since 2001 (many before that)

-breeno-

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"This really looks awful, an abomination. I miss the benches and flowers of the hub. Not to mention it blocks the view of the castle for little ones. Terrible.

Yeah, i miss the classic plaza too, but i'm happy with this for now, at least they tried to theme it to go with the castle, believe me it could of be a lot worse (could of been something like the 15th stage only with posters of them new construction fences around it :shock: ).

I'm very happy with the stage, actually quite looking forward to seeing it complete now :)  Although i can't see it becoming permanent, doesn't look like a permanent thing
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

DLP-Photos.com

I agree with davewasbaloo that the old and real Central Plaza would be better, but for a non-permenent stage it is great, that they are themening it to the castle. It makes it way better than the 15 stage in my opinion.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

davewasbaloo

Indeed it does look better than the 15th stage (not difficult), but it is a lesser evil. we have 4 stages in the park going unused. I really wish they would take this in a completely different direction. But it is too late for that now.
since 2001 (many before that)

Magicalmouse125

I miss the original hub to. But this clearly is'nt a permentnant thing. You can see why they chose to place this stage here. It does have a beautiful backdrop. don't ya think. Maybe.....Just maybe they'll choose to use other stages after Mickey's Magical Party Time!!

Riebi

Yes! Let´s use the castle stage after this year...with this beautiful backdrop...the castle!  :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Riebi"Yes! Let´s use the castle stage after this year...with this beautiful backdrop...the castle!  :mrgreen:

I agree, i love the castle stage!

Ooo no ones posted pics of the mechanics? it all looks very technical. did you know that the lift will take just 2 seconds for mickey and goofy to go from the bottom to the top in a burst of smoke? scary huh?

there is a second full scale stage currently in the circus tent in disney village, if you get a chance to peep in go see it! thats where the rehearsals are being held.

only "rough" playback for characters is being used for rehearsals as it isnt finalised yet, but from what iv heard, the script is terrible, so lets hope it improves. the dancing however is very good, a mixture of lots of different dance types, ranging from salsa to hiphop.

Finalised characters are: Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Tigger, Timon, Baloo.
EDIT: And Peter Pan and Wendy
~ just like we dreamed it ~

15MagicalYears

What happened to Peter and Smee?

zanderstarz

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"What happened to Peter and Smee?

sorry just corrected that, but smee is gone...its wendy now. the show directors thought that the show was too masculine.

i think it would have been better putting esmerelda and clopin in the show, what good are two 12 year old kids in a hardcore party??? ugh! *rolls eyes*
~ just like we dreamed it ~

15MagicalYears

Esmerlda and Clopin would have been a dream come true!  :shock:
Hunchback of Notredame is one of my fav's!  :lol:  I've not met either of the characters but to have them in the show would be even better.

Lets pray together  [-o<  Fingers crossed, never say never!

Magicalmouse125

Personally i look forward to seeing how they've created this. We've been talking about it for monthes and i just can't wait to see the finnished project.
Also is there talk of a big opening nigt thing. Like a huge party with Premieres of the Enteratinment