It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends (MMP)

Started by Kristof, November 24, 2008, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zanderstarz

Last week we were informed that Aladdin has been removed from the show, along with The Genie, Rafiki and Timon...odd though, concidering we did a photoshoot promoting the event only the week before!

The replacements are, Peter Pan, Smee and Pluto. But even this is not deffinate. Rehearsals are planned to start in the next 2 weeks, so more precise info will be coming soon.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Riebi

Maybe we get Bob the builder who demolish the stage in a big show act?  [-o<
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Jens

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Last week we were informed that Aladdin has been removed from the show, along with The Genie, Rafiki and Timon...odd though, concidering we did a photoshoot promoting the event only the week before!

The replacements are, Peter Pan, Smee and Pluto. But even this is not deffinate. Rehearsals are planned to start in the next 2 weeks, so more precise info will be coming soon.

Strange! Aladdin and The Lion King are popular films, are they not? Could it be that they find Aladdin harder to cast for a multiple times a day show and they have more male cm's that have the height and looks of Peter Pan? Smee is also a character that has a broad number of people that can be "friends" with him, isn't he?

Putting Pluto in is an obvious choice however, as he is also part of the fab 5...

Miss Tinkerbell

Yes but seeing Timon perform in a show would've been fantastic.  Smee, he's around quite often.  Maybe differentiate, put two shows with different characters or isn't that possible?

littlemermaid83

Shame about Aladdin, Would of been great to see him, but YAY for Peter Pan. Fingers crossed he stays.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Miss Tinkerbell"Maybe differentiate, put two shows with different characters or isn't that possible?
Not sure how possible this is, but I think it would be agreat idea. It would give a reason to see the show more than once, if there was a bit of variation with which characters were in it.

DisneyBud

Does anyone know whether this show will use the animated heads (a la Dream along with Mickey) or will it just use the standard no movement heads?

Jens

Put magic destroying text in spoiler tags please ;) Anyway, here's an answer:

[spoiler:s0ofmzv2]I think zanderstarz or any other epc cm can answer your question the best, but I think it has been known that they will not use animated heads because the cm's have to be paid more when wearing the animated heads gear (as they are then considered as puppeteers) and DLRP doesn't have the budget for that (yet). I think it would also be very expensive to develop animated heads for characters that don't have them yet in the US parks (Baloo and King Loui for example).[/spoiler:s0ofmzv2]

Kris

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Last week we were informed that Aladdin has been removed from the show, along with The Genie, Rafiki and Timon...odd though, concidering we did a photoshoot promoting the event only the week before!

This really worries me. Sometimes I wonder if they ever think things through properly. It also means they're obviously not taking the music for this show seriously enough... like some of the other CP show's we've had. I had thought this would've been a more pollished production with a cohesive soundtrack. If they can switch scenes so quickly, one would assume not. It's recycled music again
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Kris"It's recycled music again

It most certainly is NOT! From what iv heard its completely new material.

At the moment they just arnt sure which characters being used yet, these are just standard problems right now. Of course they have to concider if it is possible to use the characters they want at the right times, thats not just money, but logicstics too.

[spoiler:1is35ae0]Originally it was not the same Aladdin doing SNC (stars n cars) and DOUD and MMP you know, which means they would have to employ more people (money) or guests would notice that they arnt the same person (logistics). A lot of things are "cut" for those reasons. Currently as it stands...the "face characters" involved in SNC will being doing DOUD aswell. The shift is: 1) sets in the park, 2) DOUD and finally 3) SNC[/spoiler:1is35ae0]

Plus, they havent finished recording all the characters "playback" (speech) yet, so no need to panic.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Kris

Phew - well that does make me a feel a little better then. I just can't believe how late they take these decisions. What you described makes perfect sense, but not having the music or character playback yet seems very unprepared.

15MagicalYears

Interesting about Mickey appearing and dissapearing! Maybe his friend could meet him under the stage?  :?:
Also, the opening song from dream along with mickey in WDW would totaly suit this. It also has a peice in the music where mickey appears. :lol:

Magicalmouse125

Can't wait to see Mickey just appear. It seems so much more magical for him to just suddenly be there. Rather than have him just walk on.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Elwell2009

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Also, the opening song from dream along with mickey in WDW would totaly suit this. It also has a peice in the music where mickey appears. :lol:

I agree the opening song is perfect for the party lol

Kris

I'm getting a little worried about how this show will affect the seasonal entertainment in Disneyland Park. The stage now has a tradition of hosting Halloween, Christmas and now St Patrick's shows, yet with 5 performances a day on this stage already... there won't be room for these to continue in 2009! Unless they water down the true version of It's Party Time with some seasonal content, or reduce the performance numbers, the seasons could be a bit mixed up. You think?

Since we have a big Halloween show instead of a Halloween parade now (the same for Xmas) this could be a big loss... in my eyes.