Mobilization against the creation of F1 circuit

Started by benjicool, September 28, 2008, 12:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ford prefect

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "ford prefect"I just don't see this circuit do a lot of good for the atmosphere at the resort. But I may just be a judgmental, pigeonholing bastard.

Pussinboots, while I am not happy at the prospect of the circuit being there, please be advised F1 is not Nascar. F1 is actually an upper middle class and upper class sport. The tickets are often in excess of $500 for a race, so it's not like US motor sports.

Still, I think this is a bad move for the resort and would prefer the 3rd park, water park and hotel expansion of the masterplan.

Oh, my god I'm an upper middle class drunken lout!!!!! :lol:  :lol:
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Riebi

Quote from: "dagobert"The neighbouring villages of DLRP are always complaining about the noises of the fireworks, but a formula 1 race is no problem?

Have you seen the new hotels on the plan? They look exactly the same like the Newport Bay. So is this an official plan?

That´s an interesting point. The people who live at Val d´europe paid much for their homes at DLRP. So I could hear them complaining why they live now at a racing circuit instead at their promised calm and friendly Resort ambiance.

The plan seems to be from the "promoter" of this track. And that seems not to be Disney. I think the two Newport Bay Club Hotels are only placeholder. They don´t wanna say much about their future hotels theme etc..

I never seen such a cutted holiday destination. Why create nice parks and lakes. Cut it with a big racing circuit. .  :evil:  :roll:  :cry:

QuoteIs it a disaster? If it spills on to the roads then yes. If it is self contained and well thought out then no. However DLP will not be a fun place to be if you don't like motorsport in the week preceeding and the week following the race.

And for the rest of the year you have this beautiful view from NPBC and SL. Nice magical tarmac. The people would like to look out of the windows and see just concrete and parking lots.

For me it´s a big disaster  :wink:  But let´s wait till 15.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

pussinboots

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Pussinboots, while I am not happy at the prospect of the circuit being there, please be advised F1 is not Nascar. F1 is actually an upper middle class and upper class sport. The tickets are often in excess of $500 for a race, so it's not like US motor sports.

Still, I think this is a bad move for the resort and would prefer the 3rd park, water park and hotel expansion of the masterplan.

Yes yes, we've established that I have no idea what I'm talking about, haha. Sorry about that.

What currently frightens me is that map — if it had been any closer to the hotels it would have to cross the lobbies like the Contemporary Resort monorail. Brr.

Nicholas-c

Still don't understand what the problem with having an F1 circuit is, F1 and GP1 is hosted over 1 weekend, that's the main noise "issues" gone, as for other events they are alot quieter than F1 and wont interrupt day-to-day running of the parcs, As for the issues of going on the possible site for a 3rd park, surely, if this was the site why would dlrp allow someone to build an F1 track on their land ? ;)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Kristof

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"Still don't understand what the problem with having an F1 circuit is, F1 and GP1 is hosted over 1 weekend, that's the main noise "issues" gone, as for other events they are alot quieter than F1 and wont interrupt day-to-day running of the parcs, As for the issues of going on the possible site for a 3rd park, surely, if this was the site why would dlrp allow someone to build an F1 track on their land ? ;)

I'm actually starting to get a bit worried regarding the third theme park.  Most of us think DLRP has to build another park, but that's not really the case.  According to the agreement with the French government, they have to build an "attraction" (not as in a theme park ride, but something that pulls in a certain amount of guests).  If DLRP and the French State consider the F1 circuit as that attraction, we might not see a third theme park for a long long time.  But that's just my thought.  :?

Hathaway Browne

Well seeings as my topic was closed I guess I will have to post here in this "Anti track" thread.

I am all for it. It will bring revenue to the resort, which is, after all exactly what EuroDisney SCA want.
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

ford prefect

QuoteI'm actually starting to get a bit worried regarding the third theme park.  Most of us think DLRP has to build another park, but that's not really the case.  According to the agreement with the French government, they have to build an "attraction" (not as in a theme park ride, but something that pulls in a certain amount of guests).  If DLRP and the French State consider the F1 circuit as that attraction, we might not see a third theme park for a long long time.  But that's just my thought.  :?

I had never thought of it in those terms, this would make the project more likely since planning permission targets have already been acheived for a lot this.

mehdi5

I've never actually seen the problem with the F1 circuit from the beginning, it's only temporarily plus it's one weekend a year, so it wouldn't cause a lot of noise problems, plus the land will always be reserved for the third park, even with the circuit there. Plus the third park would maybe get an advantage by this, the resort would have a much bigger budget for the park since it's a while away, if the resort would've built it round 2012 they could risk having the WDS factor all over again.

Riebi

Quote from: "mehdi5"I've never actually seen the problem with the F1 circuit from the beginning, it's only temporarily plus it's one weekend a year, so it wouldn't cause a lot of noise problems, plus the land will always be reserved for the third park, even with the circuit there. Plus the third park would maybe get an advantage by this, the resort would have a much bigger budget for the park since it's a while away, if the resort would've built it round 2012 they could risk having the WDS factor all over again.
Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "Nicholas-c"Still don't understand what the problem with having an F1 circuit is, F1 and GP1 is hosted over 1 weekend, that's the main noise "issues" gone, as for other events they are alot quieter than F1 and wont interrupt day-to-day running of the parcs, As for the issues of going on the possible site for a 3rd park, surely, if this was the site why would dlrp allow someone to build an F1 track on their land ? ;)

I'm actually starting to get a bit worried regarding the third theme park. Most of us think DLRP has to build another park, but that's not really the case. According to the agreement with the French government, they have to build an "attraction" (not as in a theme park ride, but something that pulls in a certain amount of guests). If DLRP and the French State consider the F1 circuit as that attraction, we might not see a third theme park for a long long time. But that's just my thought. :?

:wink:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

pussinboots

Quote from: "ford prefect"A circuit needs far more than F1 to be profitable.

My local circuit is Silverstone which has so far hosted the following big events this year:
FIA GT (super cars such as Ferrari, Maserati, Lamboghini etc)
Le Mans Series (as in the 24 hour race sports cars)
Britcar 24 hour race
Superbikes (motorbike racing)
Formula 1
Formula 3
Touring Cars
Drifting
Historic meetings.

Note that pretax profits (excluding F1) was approx 8million pounds. When F1 is factored in Silverstone made a £100000 loss.

A high profile circuit like one at DLP would attract MotoGp, A1GP, possibly even Stock Cars or IRL.

The circuit would be very busy.

ford prefect

I have been looking into this a little more, and I must admit that things a looking a little more likely:

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=219

Investigation on the Lagardere Group shows that they have removed 5 pages with relevance to F1.

As you say, it looks like FFSA will make their decision on 15th October they will then recommend to Ecclestone.

I have such mixed feelings, I love DLP and motorsport is another passion.  I don't want my time at DLP to be ruined by an expanse of concrete and tarmac, however I will be amongst the first to buy my tickets.

Hathaway Browne

Quote from: "ford prefect"I have such mixed feelings, I love DLP and motorsport is another passion.  I don't want my time at DLP to be ruined by an expanse of concrete and tarmac, however I will be amongst the first to buy my tickets.
Well I understand the concerns, but I don't think its going to ruin the place. Rue R. Schuman will only be out of action for at the very least a week and the rest will be out of sight. I'd probably have more reservations of visual impact if they were doing some sort of Ceaser's Palace on the Parc Disneyland lot.  :wink:

And, you know, now you mentioned tickets, I think I would actually consider attending the event as well.
Why not, my two loves in one place? Bliss!  :D/

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Hathaway Browne"And, you know, now you mentioned tickets, I think I would actually consider attending the event as well.
Why not, my two loves in one place? Bliss!  :D/

Spend the afternoon watching the F1 followed by a nice day in the parc's ? sounds [strike:3k99b1ea]like very long queues[/strike:3k99b1ea] good to me :D
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Hathaway Browne

^Sure!  :D

Or for the really daring (who book up early) a whole day in the probably deserted park on the Sunday!    :wink:

ford prefect

I think it will be at least 8 weeks of disruption.  I have seen the work that goes into preperation at Silverstone.  The circuit shuts down for three weeks bfore the event and nothing happens for 2 weeks after as they are clearing up, and that is for a permanent venue.

The Avenue R Schuman will be disrupted for quite some time.