15th Anniversary Celebration (2007-2008)

Started by Anthony, December 10, 2005, 03:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Lightning McQueen"I believe that 2007 will be a good year for DLRP, a anniversary year is usually good for extra visitors.Advertising plays a major role of course ,pictures of the castle with the planned decorations can only work as a advantage in my opinion.
I wasn't a "DLRP fan" back in 1997, but from what I've heard since becoming a fan that celebration had a very good effect on the park... and they didn't even get any new attractions!

It's weird I bumped this topic today because of a lack of news - I just found a new logo sitting there on Extraordinet:

(sorry for all the text, but you know how it is..)

I really like it! :D I wondered when they'd do a more simple logo like this - the old one is a bit bulky on most documents and things.

DisneyBud

I like that new logo too, simplicity can be very effective. And I hope, that 2007 isn't the end, but with a big push they can do it, and surely they wouldn't be putting all this extra money into new attractions/parade etc if they knew they weren't going to get any of it back.  So the big wigs are either taking a HUGE risk, or have something up their sleeves to rescue this wonderful place.

Lightning McQueen

When a celebration year is good without any new attractions it can only be better with a few new and a lot of refurbished attractions in my opinion. :)
Lightning McQueen

Anthony

An article from November 1997, about that year's annual results:

Quote from: "BBC News"Disneyland Paris profits soar

Minnie's all smiles - she has seen the balance sheet

Profits at Euro Disney are proving something of a fairytale: the company's net profit for the year rose to 217 million French Francs from 202 million - beating predictions.

The improvement was largely due to higher theme park and hotel sales and better cost control, the company said.

For the year to September, sales at the Hotel and Disney Village operations increased by 13.1% to 2.167 billion FF, mainly attributable to a 5.8% increase in hotel bookings and a large increase in sales at Disney Village.

Visitors to the Disneyland Paris theme park rose from 11.7 million last year to 12.6 million. Sales in the theme park were also up to 5.477 billion FF, from 4.968 billion.

Euro Disney SCA managing director Gilles Pelisson said plans for development, including housing, office space and a shopping centre at the site east of Paris were the key to the company's future.

The project on the 300-hectare site adjoining the Disneyland and Disney Village developments will create "direct value" in the form of lease and other cash income, he said.

Mr Pelisson did not quantify likely cash income, but said the site was likely to attract some 4 billion FF of private and public investment.

He said the company's policy on pricing would continue to be "extremely cautious", but that there would be a "very slight" increase in prices in the year to Sept 1998. Efforts would also be made to reduce the length of queues at the fast-food stalls in the park, with a view to boosting spending per visitor.

At 1:25pm on Thursday, Euro Disney shares were trading up 0.05 FF at 7.45, off a high of 7.70 in a slightly weaker market just after the company's net profit was announced.
I guess the anniversary year was indeed very good for them! :o

Anthony

Here's a calendar from the DRPPartners official site, showing upcoming seasons and events:

Strangely, it shows the Anniversary as beginning in mid-February whilst Disney's Once Upon a Dream parade begins just after April (when it's rumoured to be starting March 31st).

So will DLRP be trying to fill the gaps left by Kids Carnival and Easter with a pre-opening of the Anniversary?  I don't think it'd be that exciting though - all you'd get is castle decorations and a few extra characters, until the "real" celebration kicks in April 1st...  :?

Edit: And there's no Tarzan listed! :shock:

Patrick

Yeah that worries me the whole no Tarzan, hope it does return, it has no Lilo and Stitch or anything.  Also where is Halloween and Christmas?  Seems rather strange they do not get mentioned for 2007 :? .  I just hope that they do definately make the 15th something really worth going to see and not just a parade and some extra characters.

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Yeah that worries me the whole no Tarzan, hope it does return, it has no Lilo and Stitch or anything.  Also where is Halloween and Christmas?  Seems rather strange they do not get mentioned for 2007 :? .  I just hope that they do definately make the 15th something really worth going to see and not just a parade and some extra characters.
No Halloween and Christmas: ohhhh yeah!  :shock:  :(

I suppose we've just got to hope they'll be "absorbed" into the 15th.  I can't ever see them not doing Halloween or Christmas now, they're far too popular.  People return year after year to those events and so stopping them for the 15th would be a disaster.

This calendar has never been that accurate, so I suppose we have to hope they've just missed some of the "smaller" things off to push the 15th as the big event.  Walt Disney Studios without Lilo & Stitch, Good Morning WDS and Cruella would be a disaster too...

Whatever happens though, DOUADP (doesn't look as good as WWODP, does it?), Crush and Cars should make the 15th very worthwhile.  Oh, and ToT. :wink:

Kristof

Don't worry guys!  Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch, Good Morning, Halloween and Christmas are still planned for next year!!  8)

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Don't worry guys!  Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch, Good Morning, Halloween and Christmas are still planned for next year!!  8)
Then 2007 shall be f'ing AWESOME!! :D/  :D/

flor

Certainly it will be awesome.
And Paris is doing everything to make it the biggest anniversary ever.
(it should bring more than 13 million guests to DLRP)

DisneyBud

I so hope this all pulls off, it could make Disney accessible to way more people and really boost the popularity.  I really wishing it good luck!

fly_with_me_dumbo

sounds great, and i'll be there making up the guest numbers  :D

Anthony

The TO Covers visuals disappeared from Extraordinet a few weeks ago, and since then I was starting to get worried the plans had been cancelled.  Luckily, though, the visuals have returned today, albeit in new, updated form.

The biggest change is the replacement of Winnie on the 3rd spire with a new Pinocchio and Figaro design.

Old Version | New Version

And you'll also notice that instead of plain wax candles, the characters are now holding candles with a spiral fringe in very classy gold spiked holders.  Rather elegant, eh?

They also released some different characters this time - there's now ones with Donald, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto in the spotlight.

Donald Version | Pluto Version

It's good to see the designs becoming more finalised... I guess they'll have to start actually making the figurines soon? :)

Btw - if anyone wants to post those on another forum, please post a link and not the visual, it uses up lots of bandwidth since I saved them a bigger size this time. Thanks :wink:

Samninetysix

To me it looks kinda "retro" - quite bland compared to what they are capable of

penfold12

So, any news yet on if th echaracters will be in colour, or "bronzed" as they were in WDW?