15th Anniversary Celebration (2007-2008)

Started by Anthony, December 10, 2005, 03:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "DisneyBud"That isn't actually the new Alice float though is it? Looks a bit like the One from Parade of Dreams in California.

Your right, it is the float from Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams in California.

Our Alice float isn't fully completed yet.

needmagic

Greetings from in-side the magic...

bonjour  poppy the monkey...
Are you still at EPC how long you been there as sure i know you ?
Living The Dream Making The Magic

Kristof

Quote from: "needmagic"Greetings from in-side the magic...

bonjour  poppy the monkey...
Are you still at EPC how long you been there as sure i know you ?

needmagic, please use this topic for questions like this or use the PM service.

Thanks!  :D

Anthony

Since we're nearing the launch of the anniversary and this topic is getting busier, separate official topics have now been created for Candleabration, Disney Characters' Express and the 15th Castle & Park Decorations.

Anthony

DLRP have rolled out their online advertising for the UK today!

You can see ads featured at the bottom of this page:
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/

And in the side bar of this page:
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/

(might take a few refreshes, they're pooled)

They're quite nice I think.  The flash looks cheap as always, but the red carpet part is very very eye catching. :)

Kris

Na, that Alice float IS NOT our new Alice float. Ours is quite surreal and has a huge Alice stuck inside a doll's house, with her head poking out of a window on the front. It's very different. The whole commercial was filmed in DLR, which is a bit strange considering it's especially made for us.

Probably one of TWDC's ways of helping us out, by creating the commercial.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

stuarthulluk

I keep watchin the adverts which i must admit are really good.

but does anyone think that lumuire (candle stick from b&tb)
might become a character. Ive seen him in the adverts, and he has been on many park decors and stuff. i think he would be good, does anyone think he might be on the drawing bored as a character

Patrick

Quote from: "stuarthulluk"I keep watchin the adverts which i must admit are really good.

but does anyone think that lumuire (candle stick from b&tb)
might become a character. Ive seen him in the adverts, and he has been on many park decors and stuff. i think he would be good, does anyone think he might be on the drawing bored as a character

There is a character, he has been used in many old Disneyland Paris shows, Disney's Classic's the music and the magic, Beauty and the Beast and probably some more.  So can't see a reason why he can't be in the park if they are thinking about it.  Would be nice to see him if he is in something over the 15th.

Kristof

Quote from: "Kris"Probably one of TWDC's ways of helping us out, by creating the commercial.

No, most of DLRP's commercials are filmed at California.  Remember the previous one with the Peter Pan kid jumping on the bed?  California...
Christmad ad... California! (They even flew over Aurora's and Phillip's costume).  

I'll try to trace back why.

Kris

Well yeah, but what I mean is that perhaps the reason why it's filmed there is because TWDC can make it free for us, using their own equipment and stuff, rather than letting an external agency make it in Europe? This way the company helps out DLRP (in financial difficulty) without having to actually hand over money. The value of making the advert is actualy more than it would cost TWDC for example, plus they get more control over how DLRP is promoted. It's a nice little business thing I think.

The most recent set of commercials, with the Pirate boy, Peter Pan Kid and Princess girl have been used in conjunction with other TWDC promotions, so I'm not so sure it ws made exclusively for us actually. I always thought they were for DLRP, until recently  :?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

No they don't get it for free, but like you said as they use it for other projects as well they can share the costs.

DisneyBud

Would be nice to see our Sleeping Beauty castle though!!! I could have sworn the Xmas ad was Paris (is that the one with the snowglobe?) I'm probably wrong though.

Kristof

That was California for sure, but they always blend in the Castle digitally.

jortlaban

the whole commercial-swap idea is not because of the financial situation in paris, but to cut costs company wide... there is a large library of resort shots worldwide which they use to create the many worldwide commercials (and the one for the 15th is quite obvious, since they needed shots of a parade that isn't running yet)....

you can see many Phantom Manor shots in various DLRA commercials and promo's as well as the fact that Paris' BTM is used in most worldwide commercials for the various resorts....

it has nothing to do with any financial setbacks, but purely to show the best possible shots they have to promote any resort.

Just like the last shot from the 15th commercial is from the WDW version of the "year of a million dreams"-campagne
Shareholder TWDC & EDASCA

Maarten

Quote from: "jortlaban"Just like the last shot from the 15th commercial is from the WDW version of the "year of a million dreams"-campagne

They could have skipped that part of the commercial, so isn't this more of a global rebranding thing? Although we don't have the Year of A Million Dreams campagne, maybe they want one global style for all Disney Resorts? Lots of stuff from Year of Million Dreams is now used for Paris' 15th aswell.