Disney's Fairytale Christmas 2008/09

Started by ICHAPMAN, August 26, 2008, 11:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

Snowmen in the DV?!? :shock:  please tell more.

sorry I dont know the answer to your question :oops:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Plutosgirl

Yeah big, huge  snowmen costumes two or three on the stage in Disney village and you could queue and get your photos taken , have pictures somewhere, but as I cant even seem to get a Disney ticker thing on my signature dont hold much hope for photos lol !

I think that on another platform there were other xmasy things but cant recall what , Dont think either was particularly disney just added to the fun
Sequioa Lodge 2006, Sequioa Lodge 2007, Sequioa Lodge 2008
[strike]New York 2009 booked[/strike]Suprise Upgrade to Disneyland Hotel

Hotel New York Oct23 to Oct25 2011

Medici

Hey,

everybody just talks about Disneyland Parc. The Press Release further mentions the Village and the Hotels...

But what is with the Walt Disney Studios? Will there no decorations this year???

It´s a little bit strange that there is no sentence about it in their release...

Thanks in advance,
Mathias
[size=85]09/94 - SL
07/95 - NBC
07/96 - NBC
03/99 - WDW - All Star Sports
09/02 - HNY
09/03 - NBC
08/04 - Davy Crockett
08/05 - Holiday Inn & Dream Castle
11/05 - Holiday Inn
02/06 - WDW - Pop Century
08/06 - Davy Crockett & Dream Castle
11/06 - Holiday Inn
06/07 - Dream Castle
01/08 - Explorers Hotel
12/08 - HNY
03/09 - WDW - Pop Century
07/09 - Disneyland Hotel[/size]

never2old

I'm sure they'll have the usual Christmas decorations in the Studios- which are not much, really... I don't remember them ever advertising them much, I guess that compared to all they have up for Christmas in DLP, the ones in the Studios don't really compare...

I do love what they do with Mickey though  :D

Medici

Quote from: "never2old"I do love what they do with Mickey though  :D

Yeah, i like the decoration either!

Especially the "Christmas Tree - lamps" in the background of your photo. They are very stylish! :-)

Mathias
[size=85]09/94 - SL
07/95 - NBC
07/96 - NBC
03/99 - WDW - All Star Sports
09/02 - HNY
09/03 - NBC
08/04 - Davy Crockett
08/05 - Holiday Inn & Dream Castle
11/05 - Holiday Inn
02/06 - WDW - Pop Century
08/06 - Davy Crockett & Dream Castle
11/06 - Holiday Inn
06/07 - Dream Castle
01/08 - Explorers Hotel
12/08 - HNY
03/09 - WDW - Pop Century
07/09 - Disneyland Hotel[/size]

Clarebelle

i did have to laugh when i saw the santa beard and had on the tiki tiki thing in studios
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

never2old

I also really liked the upside down christmas trees they had a couple of years ago inside Studio 1, I hope they still do them

Lindyloo

More photos please.... it helps the un bearable wait ! :D

Thanks  x

Jayna62

:pluto: I think that the main Disneyland Park is the the majority of peoples favourite - Please note I have said "majority" because it is the more popular of the two parks, in fact until the recent Hollywood Boulevard facelift and addition of TOT and Crushes Coaster it was one of our least favourite places in DLRP although it IS very popular with many members of this board. I think that it's natural that the main park gets the majority of questions and attention directed at it, THAT SAID nobody could deny the fact that we now have this beautiful studio park at the imagineers disposal, now SURELY  some kind of blockbuster presentation of Irving Berlin's White Christmas could be staged in WDS (licensing permitting) - I personally think there wouldn't be a dry eye in the house if they used the snow canons from the rooftops when the Bing Crosby & Danny Kaye rendition of White Christmas was being sung.

cinders

I love the christmas period hence thats why i have been for last 4 years LOL

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!

giselle

Me too Cinders. We have been for the past four years as well, you just can't beat it.

We have been in March and also July/August before and although it is lovely to be outside until after midnight and it is warmer, I have to admit we have experienced less rain in December as we have in the Spring/Summer visits before.

The first year we went (December 2003)  it was extremely cold, we had bought thermal clothing but we still had to buy another fleece for both of our children. It has not been that cold since, but we also travel prepared. Although it is cold and the park closes earlier, if you wrap up warm it is well worth it.

Cold frosty days, hardly any queues for the rides, not as much pushing and shoving as in the summer, and the magical disney feeling for Christmas.  :D  :D

Can't wait until 7 December when we return to the Sequioa Lodge.

shaz076

Just wondering for those of you who have been at christmas in dlrp before, are the hotels very pricey?  We'v only just come back from 4 days there but reading all about the christmas in dlrp i'd love to book it as a surprise for my kids.

Nala_84

Cinders, this picture is amazing :)!

I just can't wait for this trip to come, especially now that all of you who have already been there during Christmas Season say how great it is :)! Are there really smaller queues? We'll be there on a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Can imagine that the Sunday may be pretty crowded...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

cinders

Nala looks like you will be there same time as me LOL i am going sunday 30th novemeber to 3rd december ! i cant wait......times i have been in december it hasnt been too busy and ques aint too bad but last year we went 11th 12th and 13th december it was really cold even during the day it was very cold but lwrap up warm and you will be fine only ever had rain once and that was when i went for bonfire night and was drizzle all day but not cold...oh im so excited ! LOL :D/

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!

giselle

The queues are smaller but it helps if you can avoid the weekend.

With regards to cost, there are extra night offers when we go, and 4 of us (2 adults, 1 18 year old and 1 10 year old) are staying in the Sequioa Lodge Hotel, in a Montana Room for 6 days/5 nights for £847.00. Nan and Grandad always go too, their cost for 2 people is £626.00 Again it is the same with every Disney holiday, you can vary the price depending on your hotel stay to suit your budget.

We have travelled from the UK by most methods, but recently favour the Eurostar direct to Disney. I book this separately on the Eurostar website.

A TIP - if you know early enough that you want to go, book it asap, all six of us are travelling by Eurostar for £400.00, the ticket prices currently on the website is over £600!!!!

We give our boys the choice of less pressies at Christmas and a pre-Christmas Disney holiday, or we stay at home and they can have more pressies. Guess which one they choose every time.

Weather has always been, so far, dry, sunny but cold. Since 2003 and each year, we have NEVER had any rain  [-o<  [-o<

The only thing I do make sure is that my Christmas Tree is put up before we go, the first year we did it when we got back and we were so low and sad because we had experienced fab Disney decorations and fairy lights and everything and we came back to an empty cold house.