Photography - Artwork

Started by burntsienna, August 20, 2008, 02:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Did you take that photo of your new camera with your new camera? If so I'm very impressed  

Well done Nicolai, I'm very impressed with every single one of your photos, they are amazing  

Thanks TBB and no that first photo was shot with my father's camera :P

Quote from: "burntsienna"I did this in the Black and White Darkroom at uni a while ago - Its from 2 different negatives from my 120 [medium format] roll of film - Shot with a Hasselblad beast of a camera  
It's not a very good attempt at darkroom merging as I have a line through the middle, but its not completely a waste as its at least in focus and exposed correctly  

Well, as you say the merge could be better, but once again a beautiful and creative photoshoot shot from your lenses, Laura  =D>

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"Now that's my kinda photo  Impressed    

However, would suggest a slight touch up to remove the out of focus piece of grass which is in the centre of the pic  

Thanks Epcot_Boy. For two reasons I haven't touched the grass in the foreground:

1. It was intended for it to be there out of focus (however not that much disturbing)
2. I am not that into editing yet and need to get a good piece of software for this purpose (Lightroom or Aperture)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

burntsienna

give someone your smile today =]

lol to my hair face!
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

DLP-Photos.com

I like your latest photo Laura - although it is different from your usual photos.

I just took some photos of some flowers my mom got yesterday:

/Nicolai

The Butlin Boy

Wow, those photos looks so colourful and vibrant Nicolai. Thanks for sharing them with us :)

Barnsey313

*Pants Heavily* After going through the 10 pages of pictures I've missed I have to say some of those shots are absolutely amazing guys, I rather think that monkey (Capuchin with a tache?) should be firmly on Barbossa's shoulder though Nicolai.
 I recently sold my FZ18 to buy the new Sony HX1 (will post some shots when it arrives - darn post) so I've posted some of my best onto flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/brn313 (No I'm not good at names).  

Personally I think this is the cream of the crop:

In other news: I am pleased to announce my triumphant return to the forum!

Epcot_Boy

Great pics all of them...great skill with a standard superzoom which by it's very nature normally suffers when it comes to IQ, not however, with these examples I think =D>  =D>

Interested to see that you've ordered a HX1, would love to see some samples when you get it.

Loved Mr. Toad, I take it that it is a Toad :oops: , great shot =D>

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

DLP-Photos.com

Yesterday evening I was on a walk through Aalborg around dusk and sunset to take som photos with my new DSLR and here are some of the photos I got out of it:

And the 2 best in my opinion:

This one has been edited a little bit to strengthen the contrast.

I hope you like them :mrgreen:
/Nicolai

Epcot_Boy

Interesting variety of shots =D>

Aalborg sure looks like a lovely place to live...and your pics show it off well :)  =D>

David

Barnsey313

Some great shots there Nicolai. I love the DOF and saturation of the cobbled street and the lit bollards lining the water like mini lighthouses.  :)

James.

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic photos Nicolai and James. Thanks for posting them :)  =D>

burntsienna

Wow! amazing photographs!!!  =D>  =D>  =D>
I hope you don't mind James but I added you on Flickr =]
And I do rather enjoy the cobbled path photograph Nicolai...I love cobbled paths.  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Barnsey313

My Sony HX1 has arrived! I'll post some shots/videos up in the next few days but so far it seems much more versatile than my previous camera.
 Thanks Laura, I've added you too.

James.

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks for the comments guys.

@James: great to hear your camera has arrived - I cannot wait to see some of your shots  :D/
/Nicolai

Epcot_Boy

A sad day for the lovers of the chemical game :(

Kodak has announced that after 74 years, they are discontinuing the last of their Kodachrome films, K64.

Kodachrome sales have dropped steadily for the past 20 years. Kodachrome in 120, K25, and K200 were all discontinued previously because of that fact. The development process is so large and complicated that the available number of labs had dwindled to one. Yes, only one lab in the whole world is still running a K14 line. There just isn't any way around these things and despite all the loving words so many photographers use to describe Kodachrome, none of these facts have changed any in recent years. It's hard to deny that a film emulsion has lost some of its relevancy when the photographer who took one of the most iconic photographs in the world on Kodachrome (Steve McCurry 'Afghan Girl') essentially says "Yeah, Kodachrome was great back in the day. But I used an E-6 film for the follow up shot 17 years later because today's films are better". Plus, this doesn't even get into the inefficiency (for Kodak) of having one orphan product that has to be made differently and uses chemicals in processing that no other product uses. Chemicals that were easy to create and dispose of in the 1950's when Kodachrome was king, but that have gotten harder and harder to deal with as environmental regulations have gotten tougher over the years. At this point, it doesn't make any sens for Kodak or for film lovers to have Kodachrome taking resources and time away from other more popular films or R&D for anything new.

David

burntsienna

Still got good old Ilford and Fujifilm to fall back on.
I love Ilford films.
But its sad to hear that the film is being discontinued, makes me think that further into the future all films will cease to be and everything will be digital...which will be a real shame =[
It's already difficult enough to get somewhere that will develop medium format film.
Theres an Asda about 20mins from me that will develop 35mm colour film but not black and white...
I'm just thankful that I'm able to develop my own black and white film - both 35mm and 120 medium format.

On a similar subject of dwindling photography stuff, I've heard that Polaroid are stopping production on the polaroid paper... which means (if its true) that Polaroid cameras will either become stupidly expensive to use...or you won't be able to use them.  :shock: