Fantasyland Expansion Rumours - Little Mermaid and more

Started by Kristof, August 09, 2008, 02:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Futurecastmember

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Owain"
QuotePooh's Hunny Hunt has been rumored at having a budget of around $130 million, although this cost included the development and testing of the never-before-built LPS ride system

I no that covers testing which would be alot, but i wrecon this could still be a very costly attraction  :roll:
They could always use the cheaper California version instead. We're already rumoured to be getting the Hunny Hunt technology for Ratatouille at the studios...

If they do remove the stage, something "Winnie the Pooh" would definitely be needed. Even if they built a proper theatre somewhere, it'd probably then be too big or grand to host a show like that.

NO, NO, NO! the california version is the badest of them all! If they should make a pooh ride, that's not the tokyo one, build the florida/hong kong version instead! So much better :D!
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As far as I can see
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As good as good can be
And I know it\'s so much better
\'Cause we dreamed it up together
Just like we dreamed it, to life! Magically...

Annual passport holder! FANTASY!

Kristof

QuoteNO, NO, NO! the california version is the badest of them all! If they should make a pooh ride, that's not the tokyo one, build the florida/hong kong version instead! So much better :D!

Well I guess everyone has its own taste.  I preferred the one in California.  :)

Fever

So going with the rumours, Mermaid over Pooh? I'd much prefer Mermaid any day, however; wasn't the original plan for that side of Fantasyland to be based on all the British stories? Pan, Toad and Alice...? Mermaid would mess that up, but would be a wonderful addition!

Do we know any more of this attraction at DCA? Shame it won't use the same ride system as Pan, as seen on the Mermaid SE DVD!
Welcome foolish mortals

Owain

Quote from: "Fever"So going with the rumours, Mermaid over Pooh? I'd much prefer Mermaid any day, however; wasn't the original plan for that side of Fantasyland to be based on all the British stories? Pan, Toad and Alice...? Mermaid would mess that up, but would be a wonderful addition!

If it went on the british stories it would be pooh as it was made by A. A. Milne an english author  :wink:

Fever

But I would prefer the Mermaid attraction. Would it really matter after all, as they're all attractions to be seen in Fantasyland regardless.
Welcome foolish mortals

Kristof

QuoteSo going with the rumours, Mermaid over Pooh? I'd much prefer Mermaid any day, however; wasn't the original plan for that side of Fantasyland to be based on all the British stories? Pan, Toad and Alice...? Mermaid would mess that up, but would be a wonderful addition!

The British part of Fantasyland stops with the Victorian station.  The area behind it was once considered for the Matterhorn, not very British either...  :wink:

Besides, they're not building Mermaid on the Festival stage, they're clearing it to make way for a passage under the station (like it was intended in the first place).

The Butlin Boy

-- To specifically discuss the rumoured removal of Fantasy Festival Stage and extension of paths between there and Storybookland, please use the dedicated topic.

Well with all of the very strong rumours going around about A Little Mermaid dark ride coming to the Disneyland Park at the back of Fantasyland soon, I thought it was time that we had a topic to discuss any views or progress on the project. Especially as the rumours are going very strongly at the minute with one confirmed for DCA, one strongly rumoured for WDW, and also with all of Kristof's crafty little hints. E.g.

Quote from: "Kristof"Ariel is swimming to DLRP soon...
:wink:

Concept art for the DCA version, if the ride comes to Paris it'll probably look like this.

I personally and very excited about the prospect of this ride coming to DLRP, I think it'd be a much needed classic Disney dark ride, and will be a huge success too. Bring it on I say! :mrgreen:

jeakat24

I would absolutely love any kind of Little Mermaid ride, it's my favourite film.  :D/  I especially like the idea of a dark ride, going back to the original plans they had for it, never fully understood why they didn't build it in the first place.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"...and also with all of Kristof's crafty little hints. E.g.

Quote from: "Kristof"Ariel is swimming to DLRP soon...
:wink:

Then when we asked if it's confirmed, he says it's just a rumour! :lol:

I would love this ride to come to DLRP. I would have prefered something original, but this would still be a wonderful addition.

I'm a little confused though - Is the ride going to be the same as the one on the Little Mermaid bonus features DVD? I was just thinking that it can't be, because there is a scene on the ride where you travel below the Kiss The Girl, and you can look upwards and see it. But if the ride is using the omnimover system, then that won't be possible anymore. :? They must have altered the layout or something.

MinniesBestPal

AWW WOW! That looks really nice!

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"I'm a little confused though - Is the ride going to be the same as the one on the Little Mermaid bonus features DVD? I was just thinking that it can't be, because there is a scene on the ride where you travel below the Kiss The Girl, and you can look upwards and see it. But if the ride is using the omnimover system, then that won't be possible anymore. :? They must have altered the layout or something.

The DCA version that has been confirmed (and is very likely to be cloned to Paris) has an Omnimover system (e.g. Phantom Manor, Buzz Lightyear, etc). The original version designed especially for DLRP had a track layout like that of Peter Pan. As we're already aware, we will most likely be getting a clone from DCA, which means it will be different to the one on the DVD :)

RnRCj

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "RnRCj"I'm a little confused though - Is the ride going to be the same as the one on the Little Mermaid bonus features DVD? I was just thinking that it can't be, because there is a scene on the ride where you travel below the Kiss The Girl, and you can look upwards and see it. But if the ride is using the omnimover system, then that won't be possible anymore. :? They must have altered the layout or something.

The DCA version that has been confirmed (and is very likely to be cloned to Paris) has an Omnimover system (e.g. Phantom Manor, Buzz Lightyear, etc). The original version designed especially for DLRP had a track layout like that of Peter Pan. As we're already aware, we will most likely be getting a clone from DCA, which means it will be different to the one on the DVD :)

Which is a shame really because I much prefer the Peter Pan type track.

It will be interesting to see the new layout though. I presume it will be similar, you just won't won't be able to look up to the Kiss The Girl scene (which was one of the best parts in my opinion).

Also, I hope (if DLRP gets one) it is not an exact clone of DCA's. I think it should have something to make it just a little better. The Imagineers did it when designing the original Disneyland Park in 1992, making attractions like Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates Of The Caribbean, and it's a small world a little bit better than the other versions around the world. I think it would be a good idea if they did it again here.

Remco K.

Quote from: "RnRCj"Also, I hope (if DLRP gets one) it is not an exact clone of DCA's. I think it should have something to make it just a little better. The Imagineers did it when designing the original Disneyland Park in 1992, making attractions like Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates Of The Caribbean, and it's a small world a little bit better than the other versions around the world. I think it would be a good idea if they did it again here.
Unfortunately, if they would've known back then what they do know today, they probably wouldn't have spend so much money on making the attractions truly original. With that in mind I wouldn't bet on any original version of The Little Mermaid ride for DLRP. But keep in mind that DLRP has surprised us before! ;)

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Rumour goes the parc ight be expanded. I read some rumours on a ducth Disneyland Resort Paris forum, that they might be planning to build The little mermaid darkride actraction right behind Fantasyland station. Also it's been told, they might be planning to build a new theatre right next to TLM. But in order for this to happen, They need to destroy Fantasy Festifal Stage, so they can build a tunnel wich will lead to the new actractions

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Let's hope all the rumours are true. I love The litle mermaid